My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! X - Reviews

Alt title: Otome Game no Hametsu Flag Shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei Shiteshimatta... X

molopower's avatar
Dec 15, 2021

I rather really liked season 1. But season 2 on the other hand... There's nothing I dislike more than useless filler. It feels exactly like that. Apart from the last 'arc' everything feels as if it doesn't matter. And overall this season is really just set up for the future, I don't like that. But the characters are still as fun and the ending teaser gives me hope for season 3.

JustInCaseD's avatar
Feb 18, 2022

This season wasn't bad, but it wasn't as captivating as the original. Where as last season had a clear direction, plot, and goals for the MC and other characters - this season felt like I was watching a bunch of filler OVAs, or converted to being a slice of life comedy. They weren't bad, but the plot and appeal of Catarina avoiding her "doom flags" which was the central component of the show felt lost. Only the kidnapping portion near the beginning of the season and the last arc towards the end felt like it was pushing the story forward. I give them credit for trying to be creative and mix up the show's tempo, but after watching this I think they should've kept on going with the flow.

While it still was entertaining and if you love these characters then I'm certain you'd love getting to see more of them doing anything. But it just doesn't stand up to the quality, story telling, and fresh take on the Isekai genre that the previous season had started. It still was enjoyable and above average, but whereas I would give the 1st season a solid 7.5-8; season 2 falls somewhere between a 5-6 out of ten. At least the ending implies that the future of the series will fall back into the direction of the first season, so I'll be hopeful for that whether it be the upcomong movie, or a potential season 3.

anime13ME's avatar
Jan 12, 2022

I am biased towards this series for personal reasons but i still think it wasn't all that bad although it felt like it had a little too much filller still worth the watch and is great for casual watching excluding the last arc.

dianeshadow's avatar
Mar 13, 2024

Catarina is too funny, but her utter cluelessness about everyone's feelings for her is a little hard to believe when she is obsessed with romance novels and all the things they say and do to show their feelings for her. This disconnect made it hard for me to truly enjoy this season.

I also find it a bit hard to believe that not a single character from season 1 has moved on romantically. Not forgetting about her, but having those bittersweet "what if...." feelings we all have about a first love while moving forward with and seeking romantic connections with others.

This would have been higher rated if I saw character growth from Catarina, or any of the characters, really.

Sniipyu's avatar
Jul 12, 2022

Season One was quite something. In terms of story, animation and the comedy element it really stood out as unique. Then came this season. Intensely disappointing to say the least, full of pointless drama that added nothing to the plot, and some rather cheesy romance tropes. However they didn't banish the comedy element at least, it was unique and snappy as ever, which was one good thing at least. A lot of arcs seemed rushed and completely out of the blue, on the negative side.

ANIMATION: Nothing wrong with the animation apart from a few stiff movements and awkward ballroom dancing in the final episode which looked like the characters were aimlessly drifting across the screen above proper waltzing. The backgrounds were well done with soft colours matching the mood of the scenes and some visually appealing hand-drawn landscapes.

SOUND: Good voice acting and a fitting soundtrack. The OP is a favourite of mine.

CHARACTERS: Katarina is a novelty character with a unique personality you don't see in most MCs, female ones in particular. I enjoyed any bit of screentime she had. The others were slightly less appealing, many being one-dimensional overused tropes mashed into a character with not much development. Geordo's over-the-top actions and cheesy lines aimed at Katarina made me vomit internally. Also, there were a lot of characters who got about 5 minutes of a rushed arc and then were shoved into the background and almost never mentioned again.

As for the designs, they were nothing new or unique.

Overall, I enjoyed the first season a lot more than I did this one, for reasons I already stated. It wasn't terrible but it certainly doesn't deserve a rating of more than 7 out of 10, from me at least.