My Hero Academia: Jump Festa 2016 Special - Reviews

Alt title: Boku no Hero Academia: Sukue! Kyuujo Kunren!

Howdyhey's avatar
Jun 24, 2019

Spoilers

So I only have one real problem besides the basic boring plot, it's that Todoroki was treated like a pathetic baby, and also bakugou stepped up and started attacking while everyone just, stood there. He did the final attack, and like everything, and yet Izuku gets all the credit. That was just so unlike Deku, he should've ran right in to help, but he just, didnt? No one was really themselves besides Bakugou who was a bit more mean then normal (shocking I know) and like Mineta. Not that bad but more of a fan written vibe.

4.5/10 story
ENDRNL's avatar
May 7, 2018

Well, it's certainly My Hero Academia... But it doesn't add anything to the existing series. The plot isn't really that interesting, and nothing really happens. The fourth wall breaks, the recycling of the same damn joke...

If you're a BNH fan and want to watch everything related with it, go watch it, it's still a blast. But if you wanted to watch it for an interesting addition to the story (like AoT does, for example), this isn't worth it.

PharuanUndearth's avatar
Jul 31, 2018

Well to be honest with you there's really nothing special, about this special

Pros: Not much.

Cons: It does nothing to further any development.

~SPOILERS~

It's just The Life and Times of Deku and his friends at school learning how to be heroes. Again, there's really not too much going on just being at school learning to do hero things joking around with your friends, and taking the piss out of the teachers, it's just a normal day for a high school student. Can't really say I'm surprised but I mean it is like their training episode if it didn't get interrupted by the villains. Not really too much I could say about it like half an episode in actual length, so my opinion on whether or not you should watch it is sure it is short, sweet, and it's not going to make or break a series, also it's not adding anything new or special again, hence the name, it's just another episode, boom. And I didn't see any new interactions or glean any new information from this episode it's a basic episode with nothing happening.

7.3/10 animation
5.1/10 overall
Aniky777's avatar
Dec 12, 2017

My hero Academia jump festival is about Hero training with Deku and friends. Then A villan suddenly occurs what will happen for Deku and friends..............

9.5/10 sound
zhentic's avatar
Mar 25, 2021

Just a special chapter celebrating jump festa, fun but not worth the watch.