My Bride is a Mermaid - Reviews

Alt title: Seto no Hanayome

AnimeKuroiFuyu's avatar
Aug 31, 2012

This anime is one of my favorites EVER. In my book, It'll always be placed in the top 10 animes. I find it funny because, Romantic Love Comedies are my favorite. The only thing i DISLIKE about this Anime is that everyone is so ..Whats the word.. Suspicious  but yet Angerful around Sun, But only the guys actually care for Sun. Including her Dad. To Sum it up Its one of my FAVE Animes ever.Sun and Nagasumi <3

Varcia's avatar
Jun 1, 2018

Really Funny and Decent Romance..Characters are pretty interesting in there on way :) That's it

Regios's avatar
Apr 25, 2010

Seto no Hanayome has grown to be one of my favourite anime over the years. This is mainly to the fact that music has a large part in it, along with songs and great humor. There's a limited amount of ecchiness, which is overshadowed by the sarcastic remarks of the characters and an entertaining episodical plot.

While the storyline of the anime has a less visible or original background plot, it is certainly not one without merrit. Being able to follow the developing love story of the two main characters is both rewarding as well as funny, while they are both tossed around in the realm of mermen, but a yakuza group too.

The voice cast was skilled enough at giving the various characters life, even though the anime may lack the focus of the manga, the voice actors made sure that no character was placed in the rear mirror.

The ending is a classical happy-ending that clearly resulted in a battle for life and love, concluding the anime with grace and a fine comedical finnish.

RoseCandle14's avatar
Jul 27, 2018

I LOVED this anime. It was very funny so it lives up to it's genre of romantic comedy. The story isn't too original sense sudden girlfriend(or wife appearances in this case) aren't uncommon. I didn't like the animation too much, it just wasn't really my thing. I loved the opening song and both ending songs. Although, some characters were annoying like Lunar and Chimp Saru. But overall, this was a very funny anime with a touching ending that had me in tears.

8.8/10 overall
franko446's avatar
Apr 1, 2013

Nagasumi, the main character, nearly drowns whilst swimming on vactation. He is saved by a mermaid named Son. However Because of mermaid law, once a human discovers a mermaid, the human must choose between marrying the mermaid or letting the mermaid be put to death. After excepting to marry Sun Seto, Nagasumi Will have to get past her father and others.

Seto no Hanayome is a really funny comedy type anime, With tons of funny characters, such as chimp, a funny character that is kinda perverted and allways seems to get nagasumi into trouble with girls. Almost every episode is hilariously funny. The harem part of the anime doesn't start till much later on, it never gets really important. The anime its self makes up for having no major story line with its extreamly funny comic values.

If you enjoy watching really crazy comedies, then the chances are you'll like Seto no Hanayome, but if you hope to see a fantastic story, you'll be disappointed. It's mainly the Comedy I liked this anime for.

Overall I give it a 8.5/10, really worth a watch if your more of a comedy type anime lover.