Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation - Reviews

Alt title: Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu

Ritzerk's avatar
Feb 22, 2021

The main character reincarnated as a baby to a medieval couple in a world filled with magic, fantasy races, swordfighting but, according to this anime, most importantly, big boobs and lots of opportunities for sexual assult. And that isn't, or should I say, shouldn't sit well with a lot of us but it just might with some because for some men female characters with completely lack of orientation as to what is happening to them is completely fine. There is just a chance for so much of a better representation of these dark themes, in a much more sensitive way, that these sort of characters just shouldn't cut it for anyone. Its all just really perveted, and after 7 episodes, just seems to be saying 'boys will sometimes think about putting a rape drug into a girl's drink, but as long as they don't do it, its good entertainment.' But I am not convinced that it is good entertainment, neither does it work for me when there are no apparent consequences for these actions that even try to put people off the actual act. No characters that are actively trying to change that consensus. We are welcomed with stupid after stupid after more stupid characters with no backbone or perveted thoughts. This anime is definition of men writing women badly, and whilist there is so much potential and beauty in the story at times, its just not worth it when you see all of the women characterised as characters to be assulted, be miserable, or just special type of stupid.

3.5/10 overall
Zakuru's avatar
Feb 23, 2021

I'll admit that I came into watching this anime a bit skeptical, after being spoiled by Ascendence of a Bookworm. The animation, worldbuiling, and lore in this show is great and instantly pulls you in. What ruins it is the characters.

If you enjoy hentai or those wish fulfillment isekais, then you can try this. But I could not look past the overdone raunchiness of the show considering this is about an adult man in a childs body. After watching episodes 6-7 I could no longer stomach the implied pedophile.

None of the characters are likeable or redeemable. The plot is either extremely slow paced or absent. I think at this point its about the growth of the main character, but considering how much I dislike him, I don't want to see more.

Spicey's avatar
Feb 22, 2021

I'm not going to glance over the fact that this anime is nearly a hentai for a small amount of the first few episodes but if you can just stop being a horny bastard and get over it then you actually have a decent anime. I'm reviewing this after only seeing 6 episodes of the first season. As of now, we don't know how many episodes are in S1 and if they'll even be a s2. During the first 6 episodes, there is a surprising amount of character development and world-building. It is also shown that Rudeus only knows as much, of the world he was reincarnated into, as what he read in books which is a nice detail as it leaves a sense of mystery to the already interesting world. Rudeus is an amusing, overpowered main character that really doesn't have many unlikeable traits. The pace of the show is well-fitting as it does not drag and it keeps the viewers entertained. The storyline is good as well as there is always a clear goal in mind so you won't be sitting there saying to yourself "Where is this going? What is happening?".  Obviously, the overall concept of the anime is not very unique as many, many shows have come before and failed but this one is very refreshing and easy to watch. I fear, however, that many ppl will overlook this anime due to the overused theme of reincarnating into a fantasy world but hopefully it will get the credit and attention this show deserves. I don't want to drag this out so in conclusion, this anime is definitely worth watching and hopefully it maintains the pacing and good storyline as this show has a lot of potential.

Blueflamemaster's avatar
Feb 22, 2021

This anime is basically "By the Grace of the Gods", but with boobs.

Guy is reincarnated into a magical fantasy world, learns magic/swordsmanship, then the anime ends up being slice of life.

Which is a bit of a let down as it could have been an action/adventure anime.

DqrkRonin's avatar
Feb 20, 2021

It is the best isekai I have watched, the plot is really interesting, the animation is preety good and the MC is Likeable and relatable is some things.

It also touches on some important real-life things but at the same time give you the vibe of a world where magic is real.

8.5/10 story