Momoko, Kaeru no Uta ga Kikoeru yo.

Alt title: My Sister, Momoko

Add review
generalc's avatar
May 20, 2019

Really loved this, broke me to tears repeatedly as a 29yr old male. Momoko's character is so loving, brave, strong, and enduring. If I were to have a daughter as blessed as Momoko, I would be the happiest Dad. 10/10. Anime. Highly recommend anyone to watch. This will stay with me for a long time. In my top 10# anime films.

Illusion123chan's avatar
Jan 5, 2018

Oh this thing still pierce me when i remember ending which overwhelmed with feels... Even strongest wall can sometimes break... - Illusion123chan

Story: It's about twins Momoko and Riki. Riki is few minutes older, booth were born premature but Momoko had to suffer a little bit and she is light hendiceped. Brother starts to strugle when Momoko came to his school cause he was thinking what would anyone say. Surprise mfka everyone starts to like Momoko except one guy Ryuji which is such a pain in the ... Even if you probably know what will happen, this show manages still to pierce you through the hearth and make you shed tears. Great, great story.

Animation: Animation was perfect, every detail, character looking except few things where i almost laughed ( i'll probably go to hell ) at hendiceped kids cause of their head shapes... Everything was so perfect, enviroment,details,...

Sound: Well this is just a pushed in feels, when this combine with story and other things, its piercing.Only flaw is a little voice acting, where i expected to be screaming and agony i didn't saw that much of that.

Characters: Now here we have a good characters and characters with hate-love relationship.

Ryuji is bully, which have his narcisstic father that just order him to study cause he doesn't want him to be surronded by idiots,... He express his pain and other feelings through bullying others and he says whatever he wants, he just doesn't care about what he said cause he doesn't think. At the ending he gets a little bit better dude.

Riki is Momokos younger brother whitch strougles with " dissapointment " cause sometimes his parents are giving more attention to his sister, and he later realizes everything. He was cheerfull and good through whole movie, he defended Momoko of others untill things started to get better.

Momoko ( my poor little sunshine ) is few minutes younger than Riko, when they were in kindergarten they could do the same things, but as they start growing older, shes hendicep showed more and more. She is always cheerfull, fighting through pain with smile, she will break your hearth.

Overall: This movie was amazing, story that gives you goosegumps with few scenes ( i know cause at one scene i had feeling like my long hair would go straight up ) characters which will make you connect with them in 10 minutes and everything. Totally recommend it but since this movie is little unknown ( only 60 people watched it on this site at the time of this review writting ) i doubt anyone would read my recommend.

Anyway golden show, full of feels and empathy.

If you liked this review you could follow me on Anime-Planet as appreciation :)

9.5/10 sound
sajjadrabbi's avatar
Feb 14, 2017

I am glad that i got to watch this and i learned a lot. This anime is really great with so much feels to it. I will just warn you that "watch it with a box of tissue paper".