Midori Days

Alt title: Midori no Hibi

Add review
MarkedOne's avatar
May 28, 2016

Im not gonna go into details! But if you love romace.... This is definitely for YOU! <3 I just finished it and im still crying for 15min straight .... I started to watch this as a relaxing anime of all that new mainstream, so i wanted smthing special... i choose a comedy and i never realized the Drama and Romance TAG at it :D ... so i got rly surprised by the whole anime.. 1st i thougth it will be some stupidity.. "a girl is his right hand? LOL! ... " or maybe smthing really pervert :-D  ... althou there were some nude scenes this anime is sadly not ecchi :P but definetely FUN and heart meltingly beutiful :) <3 i gave it 9/10 just cause its pretty old... and id love to see a remake of it in a fancy new animation :) the soundtrack was rly emotional .... I definitely RECOMMEND this! You wont regret it at all :) .. Enjoy and cry to your heart's content.

9.9/10 overall
Watashizashi's avatar
Dec 13, 2017

"Rise from the ashes..."
No one expect any change in their life. Especially when we meet people who are causing trouble and harming the society. In that moment we think probably "All we need is love..." don't we? Exactly! In that review we'll take a look to "Midori no Hibi" or I should call it - one of the most beautiful sudden change ? Is that really true ?

"Overcome evil with good"
The plot isn't much complicated as for romance anime. We meet guy called Seji Sawamura - naughty boy, who is getting into fights. That's the main reason why he doesn't have girlfriend by a certain time... Imagine that you're sleeping. Nothing cause trouble, but when you get up you see that in place of your right hand is your girlfriend. What do you do?

That problem had your protagonist. He didn't expect that he would have a girlfriend. At the beginning it was quite embarassing to go outside with your girlfriend on your right hand. But by the time Seji was used to that situation. Oh I almost forgot to tell you what is her name! She is Midori Kasugano. That's why "Midori no Hibi". Because of her our hero will miss school and avoid fighting. That is the change I was talking about! The best thing is that Midori fell in love with him. What caused that ? I won't tell you. Watch it to find out!

"Stars in the night"
Let's talk about animation and sound. They are not bad. Actually I enjoy them both. They're making the whole anime more beautiful. Characters? They're nice as in romance anime. At the beginning they seem to be bad, but while watching they'are getting better. The end of the anime is lovely, you should see it yourself!

In the nutshell Midori no Hibi is another good romance with happy end. It's one of the most beautiful sudden transformation of human I've ever seen. You won't regret watching it!
Remember one thing: To change your life, you just need love and self respect.

Looking at his right hand
Watashizashi

DATABASEERROR's avatar
Jul 14, 2016

My anime reviews are always simple, short and straight-forward and is 100% spoilers-free.

Genres: Comedy, Drama, Ecchi, Romance, Shounen

Additional Info: Get ready for some weird yet very sweet romantic relationship.

Ending Rating: 95%

Short Review:

Midori Days is an outstanding anime. The plot is brilliant. The characters and their progression are really amazing. The mixture of romance and comedy will surely hook you up and with a little bit of heart piercing dramatic moments. Prepare for some feels.

9.5/10 animation
9.5/10 sound
9.8/10 overall
Toothygrin's avatar
Jan 14, 2016

Ok so I don't usually pick up stuff like this. but when I read the synopsis I couldn't resist. To say that this anime made me laugh would be an understatement. The first 3 mins of the first episode had me rolling on the floor. I have seen a lot of shows and I am not much of a reviewer but I was plently surprised with this one.

The story I will admit is rather dry. it's your basic love story. Main character is a lonely bastard and a wild girlfriend appears. They have a number of things happen to them they get closer and in the end everything works out for the best.

The animation if pretty average,but with this kind of show it doesn't have to look beautiful, it's just here to make you feel all warm and fuzzy.

sound well there were moments in the english dub where you wonder if they just had the same voice actress hold her nose and speak for different characters, other then that it was average. The theme song is nothing catchy and I skipped it for all 13 episodes because well not really my thing

Ok the characters, well Not much here really all in all they were pretty cut and dry. However this is not a bad thing. Seiji is just your average anime delinquent they are everywhere in anime. and Midori is the shy girl again everwhere in everything. But it's really what happens to both of them and how they deal with things and change themselves over time that makes them somewhat memorable.

Would I suggest it? Yeah, if you are looking for a funny feelgood story with a happy ending, If you want something fun to watch with a significant other or are just a lonely guy havin a bad day and just want an AWW,(lets be honest this is how bronies came to be) you have come to the right place. Don't expect to be wowed by off the wall plot twists and in depth character development because it isn't here.

7.3/10 overall
Aranneas's avatar
Dec 23, 2014

Secret Santa 2014 Review: Midori Days

Story 5/10

Teenage delinquent Seiji Sawamura goes to bed lamenting his inability to get a girfriend... and wakes up with a cutesy girl attached to his famous Demon Right Hand, bane of bullies everywhere. Coincidence? Probably not. But you'll never find out, really, since the supernatural elements are never gone into in depth or really even speculated on very much. Instead you get a wacky hijinks slice-of-life/comedy about the trials and tribulations of living life with a girl on one arm (hue), with a good deal of attention paid to the perspective of Midori, the girl, as well.

Overall, it's a pretty fun ride if you don't think about it too much or try to find a conclusive arc of development. Unfortunately, as a comedy it just isn't that funny, so it mainly ends up relying on a good dose of heartwarming and the 'ISN'T THIS CRAZY? LOOK HOW CRAZY THIS SITUATION IS!' factor to pull it through, which wears thin for me somewhere in the second half.

Animation 7/10

Surprisingly decent is how I would describe it. The backgrounds are nothing to write home about, but the money that was saved there was put into fairly fluid character animation and action sequences - including a couple of pretty decent fight scenes.

Sound 6/10

It gets the job done, I guess? Neither the ED or the OP are anything particularly special, and the OST is utterly forgettable. Seiji and several members of the secondary cast put out great performances, though, which saves it from being a flop in this department.

Characters 6/10

Very hit and miss. For once, the male lead is actually the most interesting of the bunch. Seiji has a layered backstory and a nuanced personality. He reacts differently in different situations without coming off schizophrenic - pretty rare in anime overall - and has a fairly satisfying character arc.

Development is decent overall, actually. Midori is, sadly, defined almost solely by her love for ERMAGERD SEIJI! This is supposed to be a character point and something she grows out of by the end, moving from shy timid ojou to someone that can take life on her own terms; but what this means is the primary foil for the main character is boring as heck to watch for the vast majority of the show. Doesn't do anything for me.

The show almost seems to approach harem territory, in a way, with every female character out to confess to Seiji (except for his sister); but it doesn't really dwell on this subject, and they're never really in direct competition aside from a story that's more about Midori than anyone else, so this aspect manages not to mar my enjoyment overmuch.

Overall 5.5/10

Midori Days is an entirely watchable rom-com with a delinquent twist, but overall is too taken with its mysterious premise to do much that's very interesting with it. I laughed a fair amount, I didn't really cry, and ended up not caring a whole lot by the end. Seiji's a badass tho.

6.5/10 characters