Midori Days - Reviews

Alt title: Midori no Hibi

MarkedOne's avatar
May 28, 2016

Im not gonna go into details! But if you love romace.... This is definitely for YOU! <3 I just finished it and im still crying for 15min straight .... I started to watch this as a relaxing anime of all that new mainstream, so i wanted smthing special... i choose a comedy and i never realized the Drama and Romance TAG at it :D ... so i got rly surprised by the whole anime.. 1st i thougth it will be some stupidity.. "a girl is his right hand? LOL! ... " or maybe smthing really pervert :-D  ... althou there were some nude scenes this anime is sadly not ecchi :P but definetely FUN and heart meltingly beutiful :) <3 i gave it 9/10 just cause its pretty old... and id love to see a remake of it in a fancy new animation :) the soundtrack was rly emotional .... I definitely RECOMMEND this! You wont regret it at all :) .. Enjoy and cry to your heart's content.

9.9/10 overall
Watashizashi's avatar
Dec 13, 2017

"Rise from the ashes..."
No one expect any change in their life. Especially when we meet people who are causing trouble and harming the society. In that moment we think probably "All we need is love..." don't we? Exactly! In that review we'll take a look to "Midori no Hibi" or I should call it - one of the most beautiful sudden change ? Is that really true ?

"Overcome evil with good"
The plot isn't much complicated as for romance anime. We meet guy called Seji Sawamura - naughty boy, who is getting into fights. That's the main reason why he doesn't have girlfriend by a certain time... Imagine that you're sleeping. Nothing cause trouble, but when you get up you see that in place of your right hand is your girlfriend. What do you do?

That problem had your protagonist. He didn't expect that he would have a girlfriend. At the beginning it was quite embarassing to go outside with your girlfriend on your right hand. But by the time Seji was used to that situation. Oh I almost forgot to tell you what is her name! She is Midori Kasugano. That's why "Midori no Hibi". Because of her our hero will miss school and avoid fighting. That is the change I was talking about! The best thing is that Midori fell in love with him. What caused that ? I won't tell you. Watch it to find out!

"Stars in the night"
Let's talk about animation and sound. They are not bad. Actually I enjoy them both. They're making the whole anime more beautiful. Characters? They're nice as in romance anime. At the beginning they seem to be bad, but while watching they'are getting better. The end of the anime is lovely, you should see it yourself!

In the nutshell Midori no Hibi is another good romance with happy end. It's one of the most beautiful sudden transformation of human I've ever seen. You won't regret watching it!
Remember one thing: To change your life, you just need love and self respect.

Looking at his right hand
Watashizashi

Tomo90's avatar
Jul 20, 2011

Midori Days is about a boy, Sawamura Seiji, who is a notorious delinquent who is known for getting into fight and causing problems. His trade mark is his right hand called his demon fist which destroys his enemies and is greatly feared. Seiji only wish in life is to get a girlfriend but after a day of multiple rejections he seemed to have lost hope. The next morning Seiji awoke with a girl as his right hand, what will his mean for Seiji?

I know what you are thinking. Yes this is a weird story, I was thinking ‘what the hell, a girl as his right hand’, but don’t let that get you discouraged, Midori Days has a wonderful story. Yes it took awhile to get over the fact that she was his right hand but after watching it I felt that it actually worked really well. The light hearted comedy and romance (yes there is some) is a nice mix which really brings the story to life and the fact that she is his right hand brings a new dimension to the story, its unique unlike the usual normal girl or doll.

The main characters, Seiji and Midori, are developed quite well. They explored what made each of these characters the person they were today which was good. It felt like the audience gained a connection with Seiji and Midori and each of their plights. The minor characters really didn’t have much impact on the audience they were only there to enhance the relationship between Seiji and Midori.

The music and animation were quite standard.

Overall I got to say this is one of the weirdest anime I gave watch (that’s not totally messed up) but I loved every moment of it. The comedy was funny, it was a unique situation and the tender moments were well done.

DATABASEERROR's avatar
Jul 14, 2016

My anime reviews are always simple, short and straight-forward and is 100% spoilers-free.

Genres: Comedy, Drama, Ecchi, Romance, Shounen

Additional Info: Get ready for some weird yet very sweet romantic relationship.

Ending Rating: 95%

Short Review:

Midori Days is an outstanding anime. The plot is brilliant. The characters and their progression are really amazing. The mixture of romance and comedy will surely hook you up and with a little bit of heart piercing dramatic moments. Prepare for some feels.

9.5/10 animation
9.5/10 sound
9.8/10 overall
Warpuppy's avatar
Dec 10, 2020

Judging by what the other reviews have said this anime clearly has an audience, but it wasn't for me.

The story was a concept that didn't particularly appeal to me. A tough guy who can't get a girlfriend and a gril who admires him randomly fuse together in such a way that she becomes his right hand as a miniature version of herself.  Midori adores Seiji and for her this is a dream come true, while Seiji feels more like she is a burden on his path to find a real girl. From that premice it felt like this anime tried to pass itself off as a drama, but most of the drama was characters screaming at each other. This anime also often made efforts to be funny and cute, and while sometimes it got a good chuckle out of me, but most of the time I felt my eyes rolling.

I feel like the sound was also disappointing. It might have just been because the script directed characters to scream at each other so much that the voice actors couldn't prove their talents, but none of their performances particularly impressed me. The music while okay at first, lacked variety and started to get annoying as the same songs played over and over in the background. The OP and ED were decent, but not memorable.

The animation felt fairly standard for an early 2000s anime. I don't really know how to describe it, but it didn't seem to have the kind of cuteness factor that it really needed to work and many scenes felt exaggerated to the point where it lost its immersion

As far as characters go, Midori was the only character that I liked. She had a clear goal of making Seiji fall in love with her and making the most out of her circumstances. She also had to overcome her stature to intervene in situations where other girls would compete for her man.  Seiji didn't really have any meaningful goals that he was working towards and other than being a tough guy who defends the innocent, he felt like he was just dragged along for the ride by the story. Secondary characters also seemed pretty shallow. There was the obsessive fanboy Osamu, the Otaku to the extreme Suichi, and the obsessive stalker who is afraid to confess her love then becomes stand offish when she tries to confess and fails, Takako.

While this anime did come together a bit in the last few episodes and it had a wholesome conclusion, I don't feel like that made up for the drag it was to get there. Final ranking is a 5 out of 10.