Mahou Shoujo Nante Mouiidesukara.

Add review
hamletsmage's avatar
Apr 10, 2016

Welcome to Loli Fanservice Inc. I see you're interested in the Mahou Shoujo Model. Well, let's break down what comes in this particular package, shall we?

Story: Monsters don't exist anymore, so there's really no need for magical girls. But, that doesn't stop Miton from forming a bond with Yuzuka. Now, she's a swimsuit wearing magical girl with water powers. And.... that's where the show stops having a plot. The rest of the series is Yuzuka trying to keep her powers a secret from everyone (and failing), trying to find ways around the swimsuit (and failing), and other random things.

Animation: The thing that was animated the best was the transformation sequence, so of course they pushed that into every episode. It is complete Loli fanservice, of course. While the girls are well drawn, the whole thing seems rather bland for a mahou shoujo.

Sound:The voice actors for the girls are rather cute, but that's really the only good point I found in the sound.

Characters: So, you have Yuzuka, who is a magical girl and hates her outfit, her two overworked parents, Miton the possibly perverted side kick, and Chiya the best friend. There are a couple other characters that aren't given much background or air time. Now, all of the traits I just listed? That is all the characters are. Seriously.

So, have you decided to try out the Mahou Shoujo Model? We at Loli Fanservice Inc are happy to help.

TheAngryBears's avatar
Feb 28, 2016

Full review here, lumped in with a few other topics:

Short, ranty version:
Holy fucking shit. I've been dreading this one since I saw it on this sites anime calendar. From the moment I saw it, Mahou Shoujo (the full translated title being "I'm sick of being a Magical Girl) struck me as someone who saw Kill la Kill and decided the quirky magical girl fanservice outfit was worth stealing, but throw that outfit on a younger main character and forget Lill ka Lill was a parody. Hell it's why I decided to review it. If nothing else so I can throw a chip into the "don't do this shit" pile.

In essance this show is about Yuzuka Haname, a young girl who stumbles on a supernatural creature (Miton) who turns her into a magical girl. Oh, and her power manifests in the form of a 2 piece bikini. There doesn't appear to be any reason why Magical Girls need to exist in this world by the way. Miton established that Yuzuka doesn't need to fight anything or put herself in danger, but never bothered to explain what a Magical Girl has to do. The closest he gets is to explain the Magical Girl outfit, how Yuzuka HAS to wear it and how "(every other magical girl)" learns to get used to it".

So, without anything silly like plot to distract the show, 90% of Fuckin' Magical Girl Bullshit is presented in the form of slice of life style vignettes where we see Yuzuka being embarassed in her Magical Girl bikini and covering herself up. Usually because Miton is eyeing her up. I'd probably be kinder towards the show if there was a hint of a plot within it, but it's nothing but "kyah don't look at my magic bikini".

The only mercy this show offers is it's 4 minute runtime per episode, and it's 4 minutes too long. The final straw came in the form that this show uses "To Love: Ru" style streaks of light censorship in one instance when Yuzuka accidentally loses her underwear in front of others.

Fuck this show. Skip it.

cbsgoju's avatar
Apr 10, 2016

Should you watch: yea

Mahou Shoujo Nante Mouiidesukara is a twist on the magical girl genre where magical girls are no longer necessary as there are no evil creatures to fight. If you can’t tell already this a just a light hearted comedy short.

STORY: The story is set around Yuzuka Hanami who becomes a magical girl because she is able to see the weird creature thing (always one of those in a magical girl anime am I right) that is able to give out powers. There are no monsters to beat anymore so this is very relaxing to watch and even managed to make me laugh at moments.

ANIMATION: It’s clean but clearly didn’t have a huge budget. Also without any fighting scenes there was no need to do anything special.

SOUND: There is only 1 into which was good enough for me to listen to it every 3.5 minutes. Enough said.

CHARACTERS: I loved how the friend and creature were this semi light hearted perverts about the main character. The main character being shy was not a first but still managed to be done successfully and fresh.

OVERALL: I give it a 7 (top 50%). If you want to watch a decent twist comedy about magical grils then this is the prefect thing for you. If you want to just watch a comedy then I’d still recommend it to you. Just don’t expect any deep story.

AngelBeatsYui's avatar
Apr 9, 2016

Warning this review may contain spoilers-

So this probably won't be a long review but I'll do the best I can, so this short aired in Winter 2016 and honestly I didn't enjoy it. It follows the story of Yuzuka who becomes a magical girl and so on, she doesn't like it and her 'magical girl outfit' turns out to be just a swimsuit, interesting. Well I was disappointed, even though there isn't anything I feel like I can recommend to this, it was just boring and felt like a drag.

STORY

There was no story, well close to nothing and I don't really see the point in this series. The story was made up of random jokes and the same plot every episode. Yeah Yuzuka doesn't like her outfit, so what....you don't need to keep saying it but we did see some other characters but there was no development for them, so again pointless :/

ANIMATION

The animation was basic and tries to go for a more cute and moe type but it just looked plain and boring. The opening animation wasn't bad but nothing special and out of all aspects of this anime this was probably the best thing, hehe....doesn't show good things for the anime.

SOUND

The sound was average, well under that, the opening was forgettable and so were the characters. I mean I had to relook up their names to write this review and I didn't finish it that long ago...probably just means I'm terrible at remembering names though. Anyway I'm talking about the wrong thing, the voiceaccting was okay but nothing special.

CHARACTERS

Now the characters, they were forgettable like I said in the previous paragraph, honestly they were pretty boring. Yuzuka was just so annoying, yeah you don't like it....deal with it, seriously T-T. Other characters were just plain and nothing really, they didn't have too much of an impact on the story that was there or me  >_>

Overall it was just another short, watch it only if you need something quick xx

-AngelBeatsYui-