Love Tyrant

Alt title: Renai Boukun

Add review
hopto's avatar
Feb 2, 2020

This anime is weird. If you're a psycopath, this is the anime for you!

Archert's avatar
Feb 2, 2020

Directa y divertida.

La animación de los personajes no esta nada mal pero desentona con el entorno teniendo una animación no muy cuidada. Los personajes no tiene gran profundidad pero si están bien diferenciados.

¿Es una serie del montón? si, pero no. Si, porque todo lo que hace es mediocre...nada es de 10. No, porque pese a lo que hace no es de sobresaliente intenta algo diferente, convirtiéndose en una serie directa y sin tanto convencionalismo estúpido al que nos tiene acostumbrado este género.

Aplaudo lo diferente y animo a otras series a que arriesgen.

CreepsWatching's avatar
Jan 19, 2020

This anime is like no other in the harem genre (that I've seen). Its unique nature and quirky sense of humor are both its selling points and achilles heel. Its inability to maintain a serious tone for more than 4 seconds resulted in a lot of chuckles, but a loss in character depth. The character's strange traits made them initially intriguing, but since they were so distinctive, they were unable to believably develop past them. What idiosyncratic behavior started off as endearing, became burdensome, if not a tad annoying, by the end of the series.

It is clear that this show tried something different, and did it semi-successfully. I give it a clean 7 out of 10 for destroying anything that resembles a cookie cutter.

You should be able to tell if this anime is for you or not by the end of the first episode.

bobhikes's avatar
Dec 2, 2018

If you like physical comedy you'll probably like this.  The story and ending are weak but the animation and characters are good.  It made me laugh a few times but I doubt it will pull any emotional strings unless you relate to a character.  Its different enough to be entertaining.

7.5/10 animation
Galm1's avatar
Nov 19, 2018

The satirical relationship between these sterotypical tropes had me laughing too much to notice that this show is lacking in story. So silly and it NEVER takes its self seriously. I wouldnt have it any other way.

sajjadrabbi's avatar
Feb 2, 2018

i have been dropping animes recently one after another. I was unable to like any of the them. Was looking for a anime with great plot. But after watching the first episode of this anime , it really hooked me up. All anime has up and down and some also slows down as it progress. This one has too but if you give it a chance you will really like it too. the character developement what i liked the most. And the comedy was original for me. And in this kind of anime you shouldnt look for good plot. the plot is average. But the way these characters held this anime made it good. Loved it, Enjoyed it and was not bored and also want second season too. Sorry for the gramatical mistakes. ^_^ :P

NXgaming's avatar
Jul 16, 2017

Love tyrant is your standard harem Anime. alot of the concepts in love tyrant I absolutely love and if it was handled a lot better then what it was. Something really interesting and entertaining could have been created. alot of the characters aren't very fleshed out either sadly and the plot is very dull.One of the stories in the show could have led to really interesting character growth but nothing comes out of it I hope in the future someone takes the concepts used in the show and makes something amazing. I give love tyrant a 4/10.

Varagauzer's avatar
Jun 23, 2017

Shows like this usually pop up all the time, most of them pretty generic and boring this is no exception.

Story and Characters

It starts out simple enough, a cupid doesn't understand love so she randomly goes around making couples one thing leads to another and Seiji gets his harem with Akane, Yuzu and Guri and the series progresses from there.

The romance is pretty half assed, everything just happens for the sake of happening, you don't really feel invested cause not much motive is given, only Akane has a sort of solid reason (but its not enough) and Yuzu and Guri slowly grow to like him, but it really feels like its just going to set up a joke......oh boy are the jokes really bad.

The characters have only one gimmick so once that gets used there is no more comedy to go on. Akane is a crazy yandere ha ha ha, Yuzu is a yuri hahaha, Guri is a dumbass hahaha, maybe it worked in the first episode but repeating it is a bad idea, it becomes stale quickly. None of the jokes are creative, they just shout and make silly faces, there's no substance, no punch to any of the comedy here, it's just boring.

There was also this crazy penguin after Seiji's sister (who apparantly also likes him.......I'm not even suprised at this point) he was funny the first time, and he kept coming back and it got worse from there on.

The pacing of this show is also horrendous, often stuffing multiple storylines in one episode, it feels really disjointed and of course none of the side characters have anything to contribute.

I also thought that Akane's and Yuzu's backstory was intresting but its over in about 2 episodes and oddly after that it seems as though nothing happened, they don't behave different, character development practically doesn't exist.

The last 2 episodes where Guri becomes a "fallen angel" gets resolved really fast, I mean there isn't anything good that happens Seiji just asks her what she wants and that's about it.

Animation and Sound

It looks cheap, brightly coloured and lack of any proper shading, heck even in some scenes they didn't even bother to animate characters walking.

Sound is pretty generic, voice acting can be annoying especially when they scream.

Overall

The jokes are not funny, the story doesn't exist, characters have the personality of a card board box, just pass this one.

kevinms's avatar
Jun 4, 2017

The story of the anime is very shallow. There are just many things that dont make sense in the anime even if it adopts a comedy genre. The animation could be sloppy at some moments. But I cant really find any reason to hate this anime. The plot may be absurd but I still find it enjoyable to watch due to its hilarity aspect. But im pretty sure that only males would enjoy watching this.

RRRNIER's avatar
May 24, 2017

Love tyrant is one of those meme animes like Konosuba, it's not shit but you don't watch this for plot, you watch it for the vast variety of characters, it has all the element tsundere, yandere, air head, incest and m (people love hurting shit preferably humans), it may sound shit but this anime made me laugh. meaaaaaaa ヾ(゚∀゚○)ツ三ヾ(●゚∀゚)ノ .゚☆(ノё∀ё)ノ☆゚.

7.3/10 overall