Log Horizon: Destruction of the Round Table - Reviews

Alt title: Log Horizon: Entaku Houkai

scurvy135's avatar
Apr 2, 2021

First, I wanna start by saying I'm such a huge fan of Log Horizon. Truly. I loved the story, back when it was being told and I was super stoked to see that another season was being made, then eventually released.

However, the story was droll at best. It went from a compelling story of politics and action, of loss and denial, of hope and rebirth, to this... a slice of life show where it's hard to follow everything unless you know everything already. This season fell completely flat for me. I was so disappointed the directions they chose to take this season, just awful.

I'm sure many people will like this, but I was not one of them. I'm very disappointed with the studio that pick this up. They defiled a treasure for me. This entire season felt like 10 episodes of filler and 2 episodes of real driven story. I cannot recommend this season to anyone, except truly hardcore fans of this series. I'm so disappointed.

AshhReL's avatar
Apr 13, 2021

It started out pretty solid, with some interesting advancements to the plot, it was never as good as Season 1 but I wasn't really expecting it to be at this point. Unfortunately by the 2nd half of this season it shows that it has not learned any lessons about why people thought Season 2 was a big decline. I don't know why they insist on focusing on the kids so much, especially the cringey crushes. This show is much more interesting when Shiroe is on screen, and/or when it focuses on the politics and worldbuilding, or actually advances the major plot points and wrestles with the humanity of people who were transported into a game. I was hoping it would go back to those points more after a mostly disappointing Season 2, but no, it seems like its totally content to just continue its transformation into another generic show. Really unfortunate as Season 1 really is one of my favorites!

OkamiX's avatar
Apr 6, 2021

what a big disappointment after 6 years of waiting we got this garbage , the plot was a big mess a really catastrophe , it make no sens you will get feeling like you watching fillers beside that nothing really happen just a daily life for the characters also there is no character devlopment , and the thing i cant understand why the forget the main goal that they want to figrue out how they stuch inside a video game and how to get out of it

the animation was big eh , its looks an classic anime , imagine a 2021 anime with some animation from 90s , so ugly without forgetting the fights lmfaoo i was like wtf mate
after waiting for years im really disspointted for this season without a recap without any good plots

and the most cringy stuff why they keep saying it was the end of the world bro wtf  also why no one cares about stucking in a video game

5.6/10 overall
Aetherloutz's avatar
Apr 1, 2021

After many years finally the continuation of log horizon.

If you are here you probably saw the last two seasons. So i'll keep it straight. The overall quality of the show its pretty much the same. Same strong points, same weak points. The only big change is the number of ep. with just 12 the overal plot got rushed and this drops the overal quality a bit. It still solid tough a lot better them pretty much almost all Isekai around. Specially after that horrible fiasco of SOA and RE last seasons.