La Storia Della Arcana Famiglia - Reviews

Alt title: Arcana Famiglia: La Storia della Arcana Famiglia

hamletsmage's avatar
Jan 7, 2016

Arcana Famiglia is a single-season anime based on a visual novel series by the same name. The story revolves around Felicita, the daughter of the family's Papa, and soon-to-be-bride of the winner of the Arcana Duello. Felicita, like many in her family, has made a contract with a Tarot card that gives her special abilities.

The lowest score for this anime has to come from the story. But it's not really the anime's fault. It's the game on which the anime is based. The game centers on Felicita, and her emotions. So, while the other characters are tackling some major backstory, Felicita is still trying to befriend the rest of the Arcana family. So, while everyone has these awesome powers, they are barely showcased because no one wants to use their powers on the boss's daughter. If the anime had deviated from the game and run with the powers aspect, the show might have had a much better story, in my opinion. Personally, I would have liked to see the middle generation's (Debito, Pace, and Laca) stories expanded.

The animation is clean and neatly put together. I mean just look at Debito and his face.

Adorable.

I'm one of those that skips through the opening and endings of anime because I'm rude. Thus, I don't have a lot to say about the music. I will say that I didn't feel any of the background music wasn't suited for the situation. It fit together well.

I feel the characters were not given the full treatment by the story. All of them feel slightly incomplete, whether because the backstories weren't fully explained or something else, I'm not sure. But from what there is in the anime, the characters are likeable and dynamic.

Overall, I was slightly disappointed in the anime, but I still liked it.

RinReborn27's avatar
Feb 25, 2014

The story revolves around a group of people sworn to protect Regalo Island, with their black suits and weapons they kind of give off a mafia fibe. While there are some really cool aspects within the story, like in the beginning when the boss declares a duello and the fact that all the main characters have some kind superpower based on Tarocco cards, it's doesn't really live up to it's potential.

In the beginning you get curious and you expect a lot of action and battles, however, after episode one it kind of becomes an emotional drama series with comic relief and not a lot of action happens. Until the last two episodes, when most of the characters are suddenly a lot weaker and you don't get to see a lot of the action.

Some aspects of the story are quite good, but most of the episodes could just have been filler eps.

The story takes place in Italy, and they did do a great job with incorperating that in the backgrounds and architecture of the buildings and stuff. Also in the clothing style. But besides the convincing and pretty accurate Italian style, it's pretty normal.

The opening and ending songs are kind of misleading, the opening song indicates a lot of action happening but that doesn't really show in the story. The ending song doesn't really fit either.

The sound effect are pretty simple. Nothing bad but nothing nice either.

There are a lot of characters, but mainly you'll follow the boss's daughter who's really trying to get along with everyone. From watching the first episode I concluded she was going to be a strong female character who was prepared to do anything because she wants to follow her own path. However I got strongly disapointed, she spend most of the series just sitting there going 'eh' all the time. Until the last episode, when she's suddenly a lot stronger. She ends up in situations that indicate that she's curious but then she doesn't show that in her behaviour. But then she does get angry when some of the guys tries to hit on her again.

The other characters are mainly all men. Pretty handsome men at that, they do all have individual personalities and show that in their appearence. We do get to see some of the backstory of the characters, which gives us a reason for their behaviour and actions.

Overall

Not an anime that I would watch again, it's kind of nice to watch but some aspects are really annoying. For example how the story could have been told in three episodes. And some of the character development is lacking.

I feel they could have done more with the concept. The powers of the cards are actually quite interesting.

However, if by any chance you do watch this series, make sure you watch the OVA. Just that one episode made watching the series worth while.

TallyCrow's avatar
Jul 22, 2014

(My opinion everyone)

First off I want to say, I can see why some people didn't like it, but I did.

The story was amazing but I also felt like it lacked something... I wanted a bit more action but other than that I felt like it was an awesome storyline and it was unique apart from using Tarot cards which I think other Anime have used.

The Animation and Sound was not a problem to me bar the fact the Dubbed voice of Felicitá was a tad annoying at times.

I really loved the main three characters; Felicitá, Nova and Libertà. Nova and Libertà's relationship develops so much throughout the anime and I really loved that. The only problem I had with the characters was the fact I wanted more storylines to the other main characters for example I wanted to know more about Dante

Overall I really loved this Anime but wished that a few things were different and of course, I wished it would have been longer.

9.5/10 sound
xXToxicBlasterXx's avatar
Feb 16, 2018

I remember watching this in third grade and I was pretty pumped, because I was new to anime and the opening was LIT. But it is rather misleading. The animation is great, the setting is beautiful, even the characters are great, but the story let's you down. When I first saw Felicita, I expected her to be a strong female lead. But this so called Mafia anime is closer to the reverse harem anime type. Now that I have rematches it, it is not that great. But the concept is awesome. I just wish the plot was good too, then it would've been a good anime series.

kanrakun's avatar
Apr 23, 2020

The concept of this very anime is cool with the taracco and the arcana duello. The arcana duello is basically the plot of this story, however, for some reason, all of a sudden it's not about it. I've read the manga before and it's pretty much the same except for what happens in the end and the characters. In the anime, we're more focused on Libertà, Nova, and Felicità. In the manga, it's more about Felicità, Luca, Debito, and Pace. In my opinion, they should've just combined the anime and manga and maybe it would've been better. Like I said in my manga review, if they had focused on the arcana duello more, then this probably would've have been better than its current state. Overall, I still would recommend this to those who aren't looking for action-based and rather are looking for romance if you can call it that.