Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear - Reviews

iforinsignificant's avatar
May 8, 2021

Ooo boy, this was a hard one to get through. Not because it was bad, it's just so bloody boring! There's no story, the characters might as well be cardboard cutouts; none of them had any personality whatsoever, there was no growth or development of any kind. The protagonist is so dull, the stupid outfit was the one thing she was defined by and that was it. None of the relationships feel even remotely real even though they could have done so much more with the premise. She just goes around amassing a harem of imoutos because of said bear suit and that's the gist of the entire freaking show right there.

The plot had a lot of potential; among other things, they could have done a variety of things with the protagonist like have her lose the shitty bear suit or have it damaged or have her be depowered at the start but nope, girl in a bear suit that's so OP it's utterly boring. I was so bored most of the time, my eyes would roll back into my head and I had to watch it episode by episode over a couple of weeks. To top it all off, the animation is pretty lacklustre too. There's nothing to see, nothing to root for, no tension, no comedy, no drama, it's all so f*cking dull. Watching paint dry is more exciting than this. Character designs were boring too, the one highlight being a scantily clad guild master towards the end and, honestly, that's the most vivid memory I have from this chore of a watch. There's no point to the entire show. Nothing really changes except the fact that the OP bear-girl goes around being selfish in terms of wanting different types of food and ends up helping a variety of people in the process.

As I said before, nothing here is bad but I have no idea why this is rated so highly. It has a bit of a story that moves along really slowly but it's rather predictable and dull. It could have worked as an Iyashikei if the characters were stronger or had some interesting dynamics with one another but no such luck. To see an iyashikei done right, watch Non Non Biyori or Yuru Camp but if you want to literally shut your brain off and want a bunch of inoffensive pictures move about on screen, knock yourself out with this one. You'll likely pass out from the boredom if nothing else.

I realize I am being pretty harsh on this show and I'm also aware that there are shows much worse than this that are higher rated so I kind of feel bad but it's honestly how I felt while watching. I must point out that I didn't dislike any of the characters and was probably so angry at this because it had so much potential and I was very disappointed none of that potential was realized. If you're into bland power fantasy isekai shows, you can do a lot worse than this one and to be quite honest, the MC does make the world around her a better place gradually and doesn't go about it in a half-assed manner either, she comes up with clever and concrete ways to change things for the better so that's worth commending.

4.8/10 overall
WaggonBallZ's avatar
Dec 27, 2020

Didnt expect much from it, i thought that ill get bored on the first episode. but i enjoyed it a lot. its a very sweet and heartwarming anime to watch. its very sweet and adorable also its relaxing to watch. but i would love to see more fighting scenes, because yuna is too overpowered. She would just kill the monsters in a short amount of time and thats it. But anyways i still like this anime. And yeah its clearly made for kids. but you can watch this to when youre relaxing

fav eps : 9

nachfuellbar's avatar
Nov 20, 2020

The protagonist Yuna is less violent than in the source and everything is cleaner.

Further the anime doesn't follow the source in detail but more roughly.

It's not a bad anime but it would seem it's more for a younger audience than the novel.

If you want to watch something where it seems bad things happening is impossible, this may be exactly what you're searching for.

bobhikes's avatar
Nov 25, 2020

If you have a young daughter or sister that you want to share an anime with, this is the best one you could ever watch.  Its light hearted, fun and non-violent. If you are looking for an anime to smile away the boredom of a day, this is the anime for you.  The best character is Yuna the bear girl all other characters not developed.  The one episode that Yuna is not the primary character is the worst episode.  There is really no action (she easily beats everything), no romance, no real comedy its just a feel good everything going to be alright with Bear everything.

scuffy's avatar
Jul 21, 2021

I loved this anime mainly for how cute it was. A cute girl in a cute bear costume walking around everywhere! It's really a basic isekai, girl gets transported to another world with some OP gear, becomes an adventurer, gets underestimated, and makes a lot of friends (Well, not really basic if you consider the bear gear). Now then, onto the plot: Oh, that's right, it doesn't really have one (not like anime such as the slime reincarnation series)! This anime just focuses on a girl helping others from certain chaos and meeting many knew people. It also focuses a bit on the culinary aspect of the world. She teaches many people new recipes, like pizza and pudding! She even makes her own restaurant! It's really just an anime like "i've been killing slimes for 300 years and max out my level" where the mc just expands her family and does random stuff each episode. Nonetheless, it's a very good anime 👍.