KonoSuba – God's blessing on this wonderful world! 2 - Reviews

Alt title: Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2

Osiummaster's avatar
Mar 16, 2017

Disclaimer: this sequel was extremely bad, anyone who tries to defend this level of cashgrab filler will not be taken seriously. You don't have to bother commenting if you're a fanboy that actually liked this garbage.

Probably one of the worst sequels I've ever seen. Season one had some good humor and a decent story, but season 2 just consists of bad ecchi scenes, getting in and out of debt all the time to give the characters a shitty motivation to do anything, and basically not progressing anywhere since the end of season 1. Aside from a little backstory on Darkness which was mostly just ecchi scenes about how she likes to be humiliated following by some shitty high pitched screams, S2 had no progression whatsoever.

I hoped to see them leave their hometown this season and actually start going on an adventure, but at the end they didnt progress whatsoever and were back exactly where they started.

Animation:

Unlike most people I seen to still find the animation quite bearable. My only issue is how they try to cram pantsu shots literally everywhere ass much ass possible if you catch my drift.

Sound:

The intro and ending arent bad, but everything during the series is absolutely horrible. One thing that triggered me most of the entire anime was the completely.retarded circus music that started playing everytime something "funny" was happening, which was basically someone screaming "neeehh Kazumaaaa Kazumaaaa" with some retarded ass music in the background. I'm not sure if they were trying to be a shitty slapstick, but they sure went there. This was worse than the laughing track on the Big Bang Theory everytime Sheldon says Bazinga.

Barely anything new since s1 except they decided to go full stereotype on every single one. There was barely any normal interaction, especially with darkness who had to say that she wanted to be abused by *insert whatever they encounter here*, followed by Kazuma saying she's a degenerate. The solution to every fight was to just blow everything the fuck up with the Megumin special, including Kazuma who died like fucking 10 times.

Of the strangest things is how they treat it like a "game* while they took out pretty much every MMO element. They use abilities like skills, have "quests", but all they do is hang in their hometown, magically get useful abilities without ever showing them leveling or upgrading anymore, and Kazuma only respawn because some goddess lets him. The entire "game" theme was already completely lost to me until they reminded me of it with the ending.

Overall:

The entire plot is thrown out of the window to make super.fumny jokes about how much of a degenerate Darkness is HAHAHA and to make girls fall over in ecchi poses. The whole serious-comedy aspect is completely gone, it's just a really bad comedy with the most forced humor possible out there, going as far to put in actual circus music which ruins the mood everytime, just to make it clear the viewer should laugh.

The biggest joke from Konosuba season 2 is it's pathetic production value. Rarely does an Anime go.downhill this hard, but it's very clear that season 2 is just a quick cashgrab made out of fillers and poorly written fanservice.

partygeit's avatar
Feb 4, 2018

It's so hard to rate this anime, as I fell in love with it from the first episode.

Sadly enough, this didn't last.

It's the same as having a relationship with someone empty, boring and repetitive. On the first glance everything looks perfect, but the deeper you dwell into the relationship you start to ask yourself why you fell in love in the first place.

The first 4 episodes were awesome, maybe even better than season one. I remember nearly laughing myself to death.

From there on everything went down hill.

Characters started to lose their depth they earned in the previous episodes. Their relations seemed to normalize to a standard person-in-a-strange-world MMORPG harem style. This made the comedy weaken a lot too.

It feels like the show switched directors, for some god awful reason.

I genuinely recommend the first 4 episodes. 5 and 6 are fine. Episodes 7,8,9 and 10 (Aqua's town arc) are shamefully bad.

Velerok's avatar
Apr 30, 2020

I just felt like this anime deserved another positive review since i seen some reviews that have been kinda uncharitable and biased in my oppinion. Very rarely i am able to find an anime that i feel it manages to do a good job of putting together the Animation+Sound+Story+Characters. This anime in my oppinion manages to achive a terific job in doing so.

Its true that the anime lacks a central story for the characters to follow along , but that dosent makes the anime lacking for that single fact. I can count on 1 hand the animes that were able to make me laugh in a way that i would consider them worthy of having the "Comedy" tag attached to them. So many anime have the comedy tag , but rarely do some deliver on that promise. KonoSuba manages to do a good job in that area , and thats because of its strong and unique like characters that get you invested and entertained with their antics.

This anime should be appreciated more because it does 1 thing that anime rarely do , and that is to use the Characters Facial Expresions in a simple casual way to comunicate their feelings in a way that the viewer would find Humour in. Never seen an anime to manage to do such a good job in this , usualy your "Comedy" in an anime is one person punching another throught 3 walls or sending them into orbiting the planet because they are angry at them. That is not the kind of humour that i consider it to be funny , sure sometimes some anime manage to turn that into comedy but usualy that is only so because they have very strong characters and an above average animation , but usualy more often then not "Comedy" in an anime is just bland unrealistic actions/dialogue.

Personaly i dropped "My Hero Academia" after 2 episodes. I could see that the story for it was a good one , but i could just not adapt to like the Animation style that it had , but i din't wrote a negative review only because i din't personaly liked the anime , i wrote no review, because i could see that it was a good worthy anime to watch , it just wasnt for me. I will critique something in an anime , but that only when i will find it to be just nonsense and cause i can see that hardly any work or inovation was used to construct it , and not just cause i have a personal dislike towards it.

For that one review that feels free to call this anime "Garbage" that might come more original across if that behaviour of feels over reals won't be used in your every other negative review. Leave your feelings aside when critiquing something. And if so many anime aren't for your liking , they might just not be for you. You could always go for a book. You could always chose one about learning good manners. Reading about them , might even make you put them into writing.

Also , if you can tell that one anime is not to your liking , do not watch 2 seasons of it and give it a 1/10 and ask why this anime even has a fanbase......You ended up watching 2 seaons.

I din't expect to like the anime from the description , i only started the first episode with the goal of saying that i know what it is a about so i could drop it from my "Want to Watch" list. It ended up being a very good anime.

Overall a excellent anime that does a good job of mashing together its Characters/Sound/Animation/Story in a way that its just satisfying to watch. Overall reasonable people won't be disapointed watching it.

WolfAngelus's avatar
Mar 17, 2017

Lets face it, this anime is for its random comedy and characters, if you don't appreciate both, you won't appreciate this season. I personally loved Season 1 and Season 2 was not quite the same, but still entertaining for its comedy, specifically, in the characters' facial expressions which is something I find to be well done in here that most other anime don't utilize. This anime wasn't meant

While there isn't much of a story, it is kind of there in the background while the gang go about doing their typical questing. The ending seems a bit rushed, out of no where, the group is suddenly face to face with one of the demon kings in a very short battle. It comes off as a really odd choice, considering that there are only 10 episodes instead of the standard 12. The entire 10 episodes consist of small arcs that span across 2-3 episodes ultimately.

I am a fan of random humor and the characters, so I did enjoy this season as well, but not on the same level as the first season. The disappointment of 10 episodes after such a long wait doesn't help, combined with the content shown, it seems like the company did not try as much as it could have and make the entire 10 episodes feel a bit more cohesive. The music and spells weren't as great as expected. The characters mostly stay the same, with a few new ones making some small appearances. Most noteable would probably be the brief duration of Megumin's friend

Overall, don't be surprised if you are disappointed this season if you were only so-so on the first season, but if you do enjoy the characters and humor, this should be decently entertaining.

Review of Season 1 ; Scored 9.8/10

QuinnCrowshaw's avatar
Jun 21, 2020

I personally loved Season 1 but season 2 just went downhill fast. Tbh I recommend skipping this season since nothing that important happened.