Kizumonogatari Part 2: Nekketsu - Reviews

Alt title: Kizumonogatari Part 2: Nekketsu-hen

Gozza's avatar
Jun 4, 2018

There are a few things in the second movie that actually confused me. Some of it are character changes which is weird to see since the series has been going for so long.

Mainly with the way that Araragi is carrying himself in the movie feels different. Araragi actually tries really hard to get Tsubasa to leave 'm alone but he does it in a very malicious way which is a side we don't really see from him in the rest of the TV-series. He cares for his friends but he would never just scold them. I get why the scene is in the movie but it just feels weird. The way Araragi grows his limbs back as a vampire was quite unique and different too.

Something that happens a lot in the TV-show is that the rest of the cast tries to make Araragi come across as a weakling since they normally fight for him. Like, he offers to help his friends, he gets beaten up and his friends step in to do the hard work.

The way Tsubasa acts is a lot different too compared to the TV-series, I actually really enjoyed the way she was potraited in the movie though. She looks like a bookwurm but doesn't act like one. In the TV show she acts like a know-it-all but in the movie it's clear that she rather wants to do other stuff besides learning. She's a little bit stalkerish but it really works out in the movie. She already gives clues that she's not happy with how her life is.

Pirses's avatar
Mar 21, 2020

i thougt i would end up hating it, and i also tougt it was only one movie/episode, but i was amazed to find 3 parts, and even more amazed after watching all 3, i fell in love with it all, i have never felt like this after watching any anime or movie/ series, i REALLY recomend to watch this, its art in the purest form, and my heart have awakend after this. its truly amazing, i will watch this again verry soon <3^^

DogeArmy2's avatar
May 26, 2021

the story is good
animation is good but i can still spot some of the switching betven drawn and cgi characters
sound good
characters awesome
overall its a good next season well if you can say that its a season

9.7/10 overall
IrongiSama's avatar
Jul 10, 2018

I really enjoyed this movie, but I can´t avoid think that Tekketsu-Hen was better.

Well, the battles are really awesome and the animation is still one of the best things of the univers, but I think the story is very short and I miss the good dialogues of Monogatari.