Kemono Jihen - Reviews

kurokam1's avatar
Mar 30, 2021

Kemono PEAKhen. Absolute peak fiction.

Story: small casts are always gonna be good for character development but this anime had a great story to it as well. Equal parts wholesome and touching, action, and occasionally very fucked up. It's a prototypical small cast shonen done perfectly. A new setting of urban fantasy is also something you love to see, especially when it's not just carried by animation like Jujutsu Kaisen.

Animation: the fight scenes were solid none of them were fantastic. Kabane's regeneration was very cool as were most of the other powers. the kiitsune transformations were awkward looking to say the least. However the animation is never ugly just a lil weird looking and character design is great.

Sound: a solid soundtrack all around. Never rlly noticed the background music which means it did its job. The intro and outro were great especially that outro. Voice acting I felt was superb especially with the Kabane's because he maintained a monotonous tone THE ENTIRE ANIME. Not once did he make a different expression. It's fantastic.

Characters: you get enough backstory from the characters to feel for them and you get enough depth from the to be concerned about what happened moving forward. The entire cast villains included was enjoyable. Loved watching the main 4 interact, it's something you can enjoy they just had a great interpersonal relationship.

My favorite character was Kon. The reason I watched the anime is because I seen her on a pfp page and said these exact words "fuck yeah foxgirls". Pleasantly surprised by her. Enjoyed the absolute shit outta her and her relationship with Kabane while being nerfed by Inari, is still so fun to watch needed more moments from them

i just thought it would be cute foxgirls and shit but I am very satisfied with this watch. I suggest you watch this. It's good.

valfontaine's avatar
Apr 1, 2021

At the start of the season, I didn't really want to watch Kemono Jihen. The synopsis didn't seem that interesting to me and I already had a list of other shows I wanted to watch. However, when I heard some friends of mine mention they thought it was going to be good, I decided to give it a shot. I could always drop it after a couple of episodes if didn't end up being my thing. I'm really glad I decided to give this show a watch. It was really good.

One thing I loved about it is the characters. I love the character designs and their personalities are enticing. I especially liked Kon and don't think she got as much time in this season as she could've But, by the end of the last episode, it seems like if they were to make another season, we'd get plenty of Kon. That's exciting!

Kemono Jihen has what I'd say is my favourite opening this season. It really hypes you up for the episode. The animation sequence is rad, I always crank up the volume and pay attention when it came on.

Kemono Jihen is entertaining, has a cool story and draws you in, keeping you hooked on it throughout. It's much more than I was expecting. The setup for a possible second season was great and makes me want to keep an eye out for it. Would recommend!

BLAM4Lyfe's avatar
Apr 14, 2021

If you love dark backstories, shounen anime, found familes, and adorable/wholesome characters, this anime is for you. I absolutely adore this show and I'm furious that not many people know it exists. This season of anime was strong and because of that, Kemono Jihen got overlooked.

The story revolves around 13 yr old Kabane and his search for his parents. Growing up, Kabane was mistreated and didn't know much about his emotions. Throughout the story, he learns more about himself and meets people who genuinely care about him. Through them, he starts to distinguish emotions and what it means to be human.

I love, love, love Kabane. He is so adorable and his relationship with characters like Inugami is absolutely precious. Aside from Kabane, we also learn the backstories of other kids he meets and let me tell you-their backstories are tragic. So be prepared for that when starting this anime.

I just adore how much these characters care for each other and that the kids actually act their ages. I was worried the last couple episodes would feel rushed but it wrapped up beautifully. It managed to finish things up while also leaving us enough to look forward to a possible season two. Not many anime are able to accomplish that so kudos to Kemono Jihen for actually pulling it off.

Although this anime has a big theme of searching for family, it also largely focuses on the found family within Kabane and his friends. The emphasis on family and friendship is what makes this show strong and wholesome, especially in the darkest of moments. Highly recommend this anime, you won't regret it!

Peticek's avatar
Feb 21, 2021

Kemono Jihen

Kemono Jihen has been a certain surprise this season. Probably one of the most underrated animes from really strong winter 2021 season.

Art and sound:
This isn't a happy go lucky anime, which of course means a more of a dark type music and sounds. But it's well done here, they really make things look scary. Animation works with darker tones which helps with making a dark atmosphere.

Story and characters
Here is where it really comes into it's own. We start of following as the plot is described on here, the case behind these dead animals, and what is truly going on. Only to learn hidden truths, and what Kemono are, as Kemono are all kinds of creatures. Think Youkai culture in some cases, think Touhou, think Kyokou Suiri and how all those have some of their creatures of all types. Within this show, there are all types of Kemono, from those who'll attack and feed, to those being more good, to those being an evil bitch. A good mix range that can only provide more entertainment. As we come to a detective agency, dealing with all types of strange quests involving Kemono such as of course solving the case of dead animals, to helping a guy fall in love with a cat lady, along with meeting a rather dangerous foe in the form in Inari Yoko.

Speaking of characters.
You have an emotionless op kid.... sounds good. One Jiraiya from Wish, then big cute trap and and Peter Paker made from seggs ..... best par from this anime for sure.

Kemono Jihen is honestly a secret hit of the season, I dig it, you'll dig it, we'll all dig it. Pick it up now!!

Nameisted's avatar
Mar 12, 2021

I really like this anime it feels like one of the better ones of this season. The main character seems pretty basic and I wish he had more personalization. Also I really need to know the reason they made akira feminine like that I feel like there was alterior motives. But the villain character seems intresting I want to learn more about him. Also can they give kon some more interactions with people..

7.5/10 story