Keijo!!!!!!!! - Reviews

pzykosiz's avatar
Oct 8, 2016

It always amazes me that people complain about anime they know they won't like, but watch anyway. This is one of those animes.

Let's be honest, I'm not watching this for the intriguing plot details, and neither are you. You're watching this for some mindless fun, or other reasons which I'll leave out for the purpose of this discussion.

So, basic plot. Girl enrols in school which specialises in teaching them about the sport Keijo. This involves a bunch of girls standing on a platform in a pool and knocking each other off with their boobs and butts. If you're gonna complain about this, then seriously, why did you click on it? That's your fault, not the writers and animators. You got exactly what you thought it was

That's all from me, screw the haters

Bkeiper83's avatar
Oct 9, 2016

Unlike a certain person on here crying about a show. I will leave it simple, this show is not intended for those who are offeneded easy. This show is about girls using their butts and breast to play a sport. While there is no real ploy being only 1 episode in there is humor and more than enough fan service for everyone to enjoy. This show is not really intened for kids, and if you have not lived under a rock for the past 5 months you have certainly seen the PV for it, if not youtubers talking about it.
    The overall show isnt bad, its actually prettty above average. No its not sexist, its anime. If you feel that way about cartoon women please seek profressional help and god speed on your recovery. THis show being from Xebec clearly indicates there will be a fair amount if not plentiful fan service. Watch with caution on your sensitive feelings and try to enjoy the hard work someone put into giving other entertainment.

will1331's avatar
Oct 17, 2016

Strong and sexy women slamming their boobs and butts into each other. Could there be a better synopsis for this anime? I don't think so

Surprisingly Keijo!!!!! is a pretty good series (I also read the manga). The concept may seem pretty silly, and watching it out of context is pretty messed up. But if you watch it properly (Or read it) you'll find that it explores the relationships between the girls really well. The main character is a classic people person. She looks like an over-friendly idiot on the outside, but is actually incredibly perceptive of others

Of course the fact that it's cute girls with nice bodies fighting with their curves makes it more appealing, but it's still good. Their attacks are a little over the top and ridiculous but what can you expect from a shonen anime?

Personally I see this as a pretty feminist series, in its own way. The girls all chose to join the Keijo league and they're all celebrating their bodies and strength with each other. You may not feelt he same, it's just my opinion

Anyway, if you like sexy girls bonding over bikini clad booty battles then watch this, it's quickly become one of my favourites

Justhappydog's avatar
Nov 5, 2016

Animated boobs and butt fights, Keijo!! is most porbably the most famous anime this season. Echii and action mixed , Keijo has simply amazed me with its animation and music. Basically , Nozomi Kaminashi the main protagonist has enrolled in the Keijo academy so that she can become a professional Keijo player and help her family financially. There are two classes , Normal class and the Elite class. the Elite class has the facilities of a five-star hotel while the normal class with normal facilities. Four Keijo players at a time fight.. or they call it a race , race on a floating platform called "land" to knock each other down. The last one to be on the land is the winner and recive a huge cash amount.And what do they study on the academy? Asstrology and Boobology ofc.

Animation & Sound

They really did a good job on these two. The animation and the sounds were the best part of this anime imo. The fine character designs and the orchestrial background music , the opening and ending , you just cant skip them easily.

Overall , you wont get super action story plots , we all know we just watch this for fun , and lets keep watching for fun.

8.2/10 overall
AngryJellyfish's avatar
Dec 28, 2017

Keijo is a sport, where women must knock each other off of platforms (known as 'lands') or onto the ground, using only their breasts or backsides. Our main character Nozomi has just left high school, and enrols in a specialist Keijo school to prepare for her professional debut.

I've watched plenty of obscure sport/tournament anime before, but regardless of the game being played, they all stick to pretty much the same formula – training, building friendships with team mates and rivals, learning new techniques, and eventually facing other schools/teams in professional tournaments. Keijo!!!!!!!! largely sticks to this pattern, though at only 12 episodes it is on the short side for a sport anime. Perhaps the one staple that we didn't see was any of our main characters suffering any crushing defeats to vastly superior teams – all their matches ended either in victory, or in incredibly close results that still made them look good. One thing that was quite different: the 'lands' themselves varied hugely, with matches taking place on unstable platforms, jungle gyms, sinking castles and even two planes tied together!

Unsurprisingly, my main thought going into this series was 'just how bad will the fanservice be'? Well, it's a show about girls smacking their privates into each other. Often the entire screen was taken up by butts, boobs or crotches. Characters fondled themselves to activate special abilities, or stimulated their opponents to use pleasure as a weapon. This is not PG family viewing. BUT, the synopsis tells you that much. And most (if not all) the time, anything ecchi had some justification (ridiculous as it often was) as part of training or an attack. In many ways, I prefer series like this which tell you straight up that they're about the fanservice, to other anime which look and sound as though they have serious plots but proceed to bombard you with forced pantyshots and uncensored-for-disc bathing scenes. Nothing was forced here, so I spent more time laughing than cringing.

The first thing that stood out about our main group, the low-ranked 'failures' of room 309, was that they all had regional accents (as much as Toyoguchi tried to cover hers up) – I loved this, it gave each one some individuality right from the start, before we'd even begun to get to know them. Aside from that... not a HUGE amount of originality, though after seeing them struggle to improve themselves, escape the 'empty room' and join the elite class, I did keep liking them throughout.

Side characters were amusing – they often had special abilities similar to our protagonists in order to make the matches more interesting, a test of raw skill, talent and creativity. Whereas other characters' abilities were just ridiculous, such as the butt magician. Good fun.

Kudos to the series for the different body types on display – I wrongly assumed they'd all have exaggerated balloon breasts, but sizes seemed realistic across the board. There were characters of all different heights, weights and muscular fitness, more variety than I've seen in many other series.

Animation and Sound

The 'race' scenes were well animated, and I liked the thick lines used on close-ups etc. Plenty of static panning outside of the matches, but that's less important.

The OP, ED and BGM were solid, and catchy. Voice acting was great, made better by those accents.

Overall

I enjoyed this far more than I thought I would, and wouldn't rule out watching a sequel!