Kaze no Yojimbo - Reviews

okami31's avatar
Aug 29, 2012

I only watched about 5 episodes of this series and it might be a good cure for insomnia.

WHAT’S GOOD?

The promise of a good story?

Nothing grabbed my attention.

WHAT’S BAD?

It is boring.  That's all.  This is the classic "Yojimbo" story of two rival factions and one character manipulating both without them really knowing about it.  This time it involves a train laden with gold and a bunch of mysteries and shady characters.

Actually, the story sounded better written than being watched.

The animation is erratic.  It goes from decent to really crappy in almost no time.  The hair style of the main character annoys me too.  Somebody give me some scissors!

RECOMMEND?

Listen, if you are patient and you liked the samurai flick "Yojimbo" and want to see what else can be done with it, you may give this one a try.  Don't watch it near bed-time 'cause you are going to be knocked out for sure.

4.5/10 story
4.5/10 overall
kkondru's avatar
Aug 6, 2010

This is a very good series especially when the story is concerned. The story has depth and entertaining. I don't like to compare this to Akira Kurasova's Yojimbo or Sanjuro as they don't relate much or relate only superficially. It's a engrossing series. The only thing is the animation. It's the worst I have ever seen.

Darkehorse's avatar
Oct 4, 2015

This is a great drama story that slowly reveals bits of info throughout the whole series. If you like mysteries, then watch this.