Kamisama Kiss 2nd Season

Alt title: Kamisama Hajimemashitaā—ˇ

Add review
deideiblueeyez's avatar
Jun 9, 2015

(Sorry for this not being a comprehensive review, but I really have nothing more to say that wasn't said in my review for the first season)

The cuteness and tender, loving relationship between Nanami and Tomoe continues in the most pleasant of ways in the second season. This is eclipsed by the ultra-sweet finale that makes up episode 11 and 12. Once again, Tatum in the English dub gives a phenomenal and believable not-quite-tsundere performance for Tomoe, and Brandon Potter as the newly-established semi-antagonist Kirihito/Akura-Ou provides a fairly pleasing, if somewhat monotonous rolling gravel for a demon.

My only wish is that there will be a third season, as the establishmentand introductin of Akura-Ou's goal to retrieve his body from the netherworld was not concluded, obviously. It is reasonable to do this, as the final arc ends on a sweet and pleasing book end that, if Kamisama Season III never surfaces, still encourages people to continue the manga (the spot leaving off Episode 12 being chapter 64, or thereabouts).

Again, thoroughly entertained by this season and Tomoe and Nanami's close and genuinely multi-faceted relationship. Man, it's been awhile since I've had the warm fuzzies such like this!

MoonlightMaiden's avatar
Jan 13, 2015

if you loved the first season you are going to love the second ! BEAUTIFUL. No more words, it's beautiful n.n

coruscate's avatar
May 22, 2018

I have thoroughly enjoyed seasons 1 and 2 and really hoping to find 3.  The characters are enjoyable and mostly dimensional. I adore the love story between Nanami and Tomoe and think there's quite a bit of material to develop other characters as well. I wish the episodes were longer!  Very nice and enjoyble anime.

Scientiiaa's avatar
Jan 28, 2018

Kamisama Hajimemashita, or Kamisama Kiss is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Julietta Suzuki and serialized by Hakusensha in the shoujo manga magazine called ‘Hana to Yume.’ An anime television series adaptation of Kamisama Kiss was produced by ‘TMS Entertainment’ and directed by Akitaro Daichi (Fruits Basket, Kaleido Star). It began airing on October 1, 2012. There are also two OVA episodes, which first aired on August 26, 2013, bundled with the 16th volume of the manga. One of the included episodes is based on the story from the 15th volume, while the other contains an all-new original story. The 17th issue of Hakusensha's Hana to Yume magazine announced on August 2014 that the manga series inspired a second anime season, which began airing on January 5, 2015.

Momozono Nanami is only 17 years old, but she has never felt lucky. She has quite an average academic progress and boys do not think that she is cute. She would love to fix her school problems and spare more time for the girls’ stuff, but she cannot do that, since her father is a big gambler, who always causes her daughter a ton of problems. Too bad, but her misfortune only continues: she is evicted from her apartment, because of her father’s debts. However, Nanami does not curse her misfortune. One day, she saves a good-looking young man in a park from a huge phobia he has; he is afraid of dogs. After a small talk, the young man listens to Nanami’s problems and offers her to live at his place, which he abandoned 20 years ago. In addition to this, he also kisses her on the forehead to express his gratitude. It turns out that Nanami is invited to live in a God’s shrine and that the young man that kissed her actually passed her the mark of the area’s deity. The unfortunate girl is no longer unfortunate, but her life has not gotten any easier, too. She now should take care of her academic progress, as well as of her deity’s duties. Kamisama Kiss Season 2 focuses more on Tomoe’s backstory and also continues the story of Momozono Nanami. This time Nanami will have to see other gods and undertake many challenges.

Story wise, Kamikiss is still great. Many characters are being introduced, as well as their backstories. They all receive the needed character development and there is nothing I can criticize. Animation wise, it has become even better than season 1. However, one major and, perhaps, the only negative side of this anime is the fact that there is no continuation. No information on a possible season 3 has been published so far, and it has been almost 3 years already. So to make a long story short, if you are not a fan of manga, I would not recommend you to watch this anime, because most likely, there will never be season three. But I do not know for sure; no one does. That is why I want to make one thing clear: it is still a great romance story, I would even say ‘one of the best romance stories.’ And you can still find out about the ending by reading the manga adaption, which is even BETTER than the anime adaption of Kamisama Hajimemashita. If you are a fan of reading, Kamikiss is what you are looking for!

Overall, not as breathtaking as season 1, but it is still is one of the greatest romance stories you will probably find.

bobhikes's avatar
Dec 7, 2018

Way better than the 1st season mainly because they got out of the school and developed Her God powers.  I was disappointed with the relationship growth at the start of the season but the way they developed it throught this season was great.  One thing I really liked was that She change's outfits a lot.  There were some outfits and changes that jumped out to me.  I really hope I can find season three and they bring about a satisfing conclusion to the story.