K-On!! Ura-On!! - Reviews

Rbastid's avatar
Jun 30, 2016

Since the series got better in the second season I thought I'd give these little shows a try again and see if anything changed for the better, and it did, slightly.

Story - 3/10

This time around, though still split into three one minute segments, the stories had a more consistent flow, not just one terrible joke repeated in basically the same way in each segment. There was an episode where they made a play based on their songs, reminisced about childhood memories, created their favorite meals and one where the girls replaced the characters in fables.

Animation - 1/10

Some how the animation became worse with this new batch of shows. The drawings are a bit cruder and sloppier than before. Whenever they show Ms.Yamanaka she looks like a cream colored version of the Grimace and not a human, while at times Yui resembles a Cthulhu/human hybrid.

Sound - 2/10

The sound was exact to the original in pretty much every way, so nothing changes on that front.

Characters - 2/10

Again there really was no character info that would add to the series, but the whole point of these are just silly little extras. I guess we learned some useless things, but nothing that would impact the series.

Overall - 2/10

While not much changed from Ura On! the slight difference in the way the little stories were put together helped out a bit. They still don't add much to the series, but they were somewhat watchable this time.