Isekai Quartet - Reviews

captivus's avatar
May 25, 2019

Hm. How do I describe this show in a sentence that is both logical and … sane in any matter or form? How about: 'if You saw any of the shows in the quartet, watch this series Goddamnit'? Yeah. It sounds about right.

First - the story.

Ok, so the story is inconsequential to the series. It really is just a way to put all the heroes from very different worlds together.

Having said that I did like its simplicity. There are stories that are dumb because the author had no idea what he/she was doing and there are stories that are designed to be simple. This show is the latter.

Second: the animation.

The animation is .. ok I guess? This series is basically ‘fan service, the anime! Isekai edition’ so I had no real expectations and boy - were they met!

Third: the sound.

See the ‘animation’ part but change ‘animation’ to ‘sound design’

Fourth: the characters.

Ok, so the characters are awesome because if they weren’t they wouldn’t be in this fan service anime. So the question is: how well do they work together, even if they are from different shows??

The answer is … pretty well actually. I was really surprised by how well the casts from VERY different shows work together. If this was an original series – I’d say the characters were designed to work with each other in perfect harmony.

Verdict: It's a lighthearted comedy with lots and lots of fan service. Do check it out if You like any of the shows involved in it. Hell – do it even if You don’t and then check the source material.

Archert's avatar
Mar 26, 2020

Simple.

El anime tiene momentos graciosos y mola ver a ese grupo de personajes de sus respectivas grandes series pero pensadlo...si los personajes fueran otros, la serie tendria el mismo gancho?

Es un anime mediocre que tira de fanservice para contentarnos, y lo consigue...pero no por ellos lo valorare como un gran anime. Mediocre.

5.5/10 animation