Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II - Reviews

Alt title: Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka II: Familia Myth

Jrwerner's avatar
Oct 22, 2019

I have rarely, if ever written reviews - but was completely disappointed in the 2nd season... If you are like me and enjoyed the 1st season for: the RPG Dungeon feel, love interest between Bell and Ais, and the comedic/casual feel of the story BEWARE the "plot" of the second season is non-existent, there is no character development whatsoever, only dungeon scenes are minimal and play no significant role in the "story", tons of vulgar dialogue/situations, no relationship development between Ais and Bell.  I don't read the manga, so I don't know or care if it stays true to it - just want to give a heads up to anyone expecting anything resembling the 1st season to expect to feel disappointed...  I honestly hope that the 3rd season resembles the original season more, we will have to wait and see.

yoursenpai45's avatar
Mar 28, 2020

What's wrong with all the sexual tenshion in this new season!

I'm utterly desappointed with the second season of this anime. I loved the first season and got so excited about the continuation of this series, but I couldn't bare to go through with all 12 episodes. The story was focused in the conflicts of gods who all for some reason wanted to get in bed with Bell. They didin't even explore the dungeon anymore, the dungeon wasn't even part of the story. Apollo was painful to watch and it was agonizing watching him from my screen, Mikoto was a fun addition to the team I guess, Haruhime had an okay character backstory and a likable personality and why did Ishtar basically rape Hermes? Also Ais does not have almost any screentime and is a minor character and that is a shame because she was the main love interest of Bell and overall a likable character who I would love to see the backstory of. I don't know, this season was a total disappointment and I dropped it at 7 episodes, would not recomend to anyone to waste their time watching this season...

Disclaimer: English is not my native language so if you spot any spelling mistakes please try to ignore them, also this is my personal opinion if you liked this season that's totally fine we all have different taste in anime and series in generall.

TheRogueNob's avatar
Sep 28, 2019

why was this only 12 episodes instead of 24? Since the next season comes out in 2020? Well neither do I. I the story only eludes to 3 events from the first series and other than the massive debt (which was a funny scene) didn’t come as a surprise throwback the first 3 story arks albeit short were good excerpt for the end of 2nd one where the whole reasoning of character was completely tossed at the the end of the arc which in my opinion ruined the character and just added another corner to the weird love tetrahedron harem thing that doesnt really belong, the love triangle with the goddess sword maiden isn’t even compounded on except in the very end and even barely. The last 2 episodes fall so flat it made rick flat surface creator look like and orange skin. The whole death of human thing mixed with the goddess explanation doesn’t make since when you consider the arrow of Orion (spoiler for that movie, you should watch it ) since Artemis says that Bell is the reincarnated Orion, which I like also along with the possibility of him being the the child of a god, wasn’t mentioned AT ALL, and finally there’s this new prophecy about 3 terrible beasts that needed to be defeated and only one is left, and obviously bell is going to have to fight it. But that’s where it ends. They made it seem like this season was going to be much longer and expand on the work more even with the poster art, they don’t go to the desert once, there was more exploring in arrow of Orion. And the only time they leave it’s this dark monotone mountain. Then a mountain village that has almost nothing to do with the story except for one or where they might die if the last devil dragon is destroyed. Also not looking forward to the cgi evil dragon they are going to destroy our eyes with. It was not a bad sequel it just was released too soon and had almost nothing to do with the first season, so hopefully s3 helps patch up a few of the plot holes that were created by this season.

Crua9's avatar
Sep 27, 2019

This has spoilers. The spoiler tags don't seem to be working in this.

If you liked the first, then you might like this one. My biggest problem is it didn't feel like it really gotten anywhere other than the group moving out of their den.

Story: The story was OK, and it was nice to see it broken into 3 or 4 stories. My problem is, it just felt like a lot of nothing as mentioned before. I mean the group did get bigger, and we learned more. But it is nothing like the previous season.

We did learn at the very very very end of this one that nothing matters in this universe. [Spoiler]When a human dies they are brought to an afterlife, and their momeries are wiped. Then they are brought back to the Earth. It sound like it wasn't the choice of anyone to go through this, and it sounds like the gods can't stop this process. It didn't explain if there is a hell or anything like that. But it sounded like even if you offed yourself and didn't want to come back. Then you're SOL.[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler]The thing at the end of the last season where Bell is some half god or whatever. They didn't touch on that at all in this season.[/Spoiler]

Characters: This is the main reason why I watch this, and I have to say it does add more with some depth.

IMO this could've been a lot better.

molopower's avatar
Jan 22, 2022

I've certainly watched it. I can confirm it is an anime. It's slightly better than the first season. If you enjoyed it before you'll find comfort in knowing it's practically the same.

6.3/10 overall