Invaders of the Rokujyouma!?

Alt title: Rokujyoma no Shinryakusha!?

Add review
SugarTitSenpai's avatar
Sep 29, 2014

Rokujyoma no Shinryakusha is a simple anime that captured me from the start. Its not amazing story wise, nor are the characters anything new, but the series was good to watch from the beginning.

Story: 6/10

Story only 6/10? why is that?

To be honest, this series could've been much better if they stuck to what the first half was about. It begins as a game inside an apartment, with numerous people fighting to get control of room 106. Every competition leads to them turning it into a game, and the first 6 episodes are like that from start to beginning, but it takes a change of turn halfway through. I will be honest, The second half isn't that bad. It helps you understand the characters involved a lot more, And ill tell you why thats important in the characters section.

Animation: 5/10

was just average to me, Just another anime. Nothing stands out or shines, but it looks nice and is consistent. No errors through out the series.

Sound: 8/10

When it comes to sound, during the series im not too focused, but the music in an anime can really generate an atmosphere, and the intro's and opening leave a big impression. The intro is super catchy, and has developed to an intro a love a lot of. There isn't too much music in the series to be honest, but the music is just right for the occasion. Nothing too important like Clannad or Angel Beat's music, but it was memorable or fitting enough for the series. Personally, I loved the music, but i can imagine to everyone else it was average.

Characters: 9/10

The characters were pretty damn cool. each character is pretty much a bundle of every other anime. A princess and her mecha knight, A huge bewb character from underground with 2 flying and talking dildo's assistants (What?!), A magical girl about love and a ghost. Pretty generic, and for the first 6 episodes, you have no idea about their backing except the smaller details. Luckily, when it changes, the other episodes go into each character a little bit more and you get to become a little more with that character. The main guy is nothing special too, but thats what i ike. They're all generic, but done well enough for them to seem different. In my opinion they were great, but nothing too special.

Overall:  My opinion:10/10     Rating: 7/10

Like i said, this anime is very average, but enjoyable, and as a person who adores this type of anime, I gave it a strong 10/10. It was one of the series i looked forward to during the summer 2014 season, and it never disappointed me. The rating i give it as an anime though would be about 3.5 starts. Its not terrible, but not great either, and it doesn't really stand out. I can't see this being a series that in the future, you would ask "Have you seen this?" because its not Code Geass or something flipping amazeballs. Though it does need a second season, because the last episode has very questionnable scenes and moments that need answering.

I would seriously recommend this to anyone who loves the Harem scene, with a nice touch of comedy, but if you're looking for something different from the rest of the crowd, I don't recommend this to you.

tollie01's avatar
Jul 17, 2016

Right, it's confession time for me. If you have been reading my reviews than you may have noticed that I tend to rip the anime a new one. There is a reason for this though and it has to do with the fact that I can't turn my brain off when watching anime. I can't ignore the stupid shown in the anime and this is a problem as most anime are very stupid indeed.

In this case I'm not talking about a 90 pound girl catching a multi-ton cruise missile and throwing it back. Yes, it is stupid but it is a stupid that I'll allow. It's anime. Things like this are normal here and I'm pretty much fine with it. It annoys me to be sure but I will not rant about it.

So, having explained this lets rip into this anime shall we? Just a heads up: There will most probably be spoilers. The more I hate an anime the more spoilers there will be.

ART:  No real complaints here. Characters were easily identifiable and the action was easy to follow. If CGI was used it then I didn't notice it.

SOUND: I very rarely notice the music in an anime and this is how it should be. When I do notice it then it is either very bad or very good. Voice acting is good and, considering the material, I believe that the actors had fun doing it.

CHARACTERS: Main character is Kotaro..... I'm really struggling here but I got nothing else. Yes, I am aware that there are other characters but I will list these elsewhere. Anything I say here is story related anyway.

STORY: Kotaro is starting collage and, not wanting to be a burden, decides to move out on his own. He lucks out by finding a room for only $50 a months but here is where his troubles start. The place already has an occupant in Sanae, a young female ghost, and she is not willing to share. Next up is Yurika, a beginning magical girl, who wants the room because it is a magical hotspot that must be kept out of Evils' hand. Kiriha literally comes out of the ground as her clan moved underground centuries ago, She wants the room as a forward base in order to conquer the world. And then there is Theiamillis, who is the heir to a fast alien empire who is send to Earth in order to open diplomatic relations and this involves Kitaro's room as well.

RANT: in case you are wondering: Everything I said in the story section happens in the very first episode. This immediately tells you the problem with the anime: Pacing. Things initially happen at such an rapid pace that you have trouble keeping up with what is happening. The problem is that when it slows down to do some character arcs it really starts to drag. People and situations get introduced only to be resolved and forgotten within 2 epsiodes. As this anime is only 12 episodes long this means that many things get left hanging. Kotaro's room is one of these things that get lost in the mess. It is what drives everyone in the anime but it never gets resolved.

The story itself is very simple though but it really shouldn't be. The 'invaders' want the room and challenge Kotaro for it. Let be very frank here, this situation would end about 3 seconds after it started. Kotaro is the LEGAL tenant of the room. Although it isn't shown he must have signed a lease contract so the others have zero claim on the room and he is under no circumstance obliged to grand their wishes.

But for reasons he goes along and a batlle for the room breaks out. Every day they play a game of their choosing and the winner wins a piece of the room. When one person wins it all the games end and that person is the new owner of the room. Untill then it is wacky shenanigans that ultimately go nowhere.

So lets talk about the 'love' interest. This is a harem anime so there is one guy with several women.... or girls in this case. Well.... the love interest isn't that much in the anime as it isn't one of the girls fighting for the room. Kotaro is very much interested in Harumi, a senior and president of the knitting club. As mentioned she is barely in the anime and only shows up occasionally. The other girls are....there? They don't do very much in terms of romantic involvement with Kotaro. They do come closer to him but this is more like friendship than romantic involvement.

What is left is a very generic anime with supernatural overtones that stays nicely within the lines. In the 12 episodes is both a beach and a hotspring epsiode! The sad thing is that they had the chance to elavate it above the pack fairly easily. About halfway there is a a two-part episode with Theiamillis where she performs a play in school. The play is based on a story from her Empires' history involving a coup and a Blue Knight saving the princess and the empire. Kotaro plays the Blue Knight and it is revealed that he is a perfect body double for the historical Knight. Not only that but he displays some unusual powers as well in these epsiodes.

At this time I really started to hope that they had the balls to send the entire crew back into the past where he actually became the Blue Knight and helped the princess. It would have worked on every level as each of the girls would have added their own flavour of their power to the mix. You could have developed the characters beyond their 2 dimensions and expanded on many things.

Unfortunately they didn't and the show just went on to other things. Now they show went on in such a way that my storyline is still possible so I really hope they did go there in the manga. In the anime it is a missed opportunity that I really wanted to see.

Now for the most useless and underused character: Yurika. As I mentioned she is a magic girl. A bad one but still. Anyway her stick is that the others see her as a cosplayer and treat her as such. Impressive considering that they have a ghost, an alien princess and an underground priestess running around. By now that have firmly established that there is supernatural things going on in the world but a magical girl was to much appaerently.

I don't have to say how stupid this is. Worse is Yuriko whose sole role is to whine at every opportunity that she is an actual magical girl. All she has to do is transform and, you know, do some magic? Prove delivered and we can move on. But no, they actually have everyones memory wiped at some point just to keep her actual magic girl status unknown to the others. I have no idea why this is. I guess to keep the comedy spiel going but it isn't that funny and her being in the cosplay club against her will won't change with the others knowing that she is a real magic girl. Eventually it becomes stupis and annoying. This is why her arc where she proves to the others that she is real and eventual memory wipe pissed me off.

This is by far the main failing of the anime. Things happen that may or may not lead to something bigger and better but it never does. Maybe there will be another season sometime but for now this is what you get. If this is your thing I would advice to seek out the manga instead.

loripod's avatar
Oct 7, 2014

I used google translate, I apologize in advance for any errors.

I was initially attracted to the pattern that has a style that I really like watching the first episode I did not think the story would have ended so much anonymous.

History 5: It starts with a well-defined thing, many people insist that the room 106 is owned by them or is critical, of course only one of the potra tick and this is done through a game attached to the challenges, which also makes interesting the matter, only that at some point it is no longer mentioned .... oh yes, to all of a sudden you live all together in a hole of flat, and the plot ends after 4-5 episodes for me.

Animation 7: can be a bit simple and sometimes know already seen (especially on 3D animation) but it has a nice style that I personally liked, bright and vibrant colors

Sound 7: Opening and ending their are really nice for the texts that have, for the rest nothing exceptional is just a few notes to "accompany" the scene.

Character 8: A really nice mix and there is something for everyone, here's the real strong point of this anime with a care dubbing apt for each character.

Conclusions: It is a series that I have seen with pleasure but I admit I let it go for a while (though I paused a little in all this summer) I'm sure that if you want something undemanding it is easily feasible , the rest is always a comedy with a touch of harem you will let definitely win

Rating: 6 Personal opinion: 7

iienmeiakl's avatar
Oct 12, 2017

Прикольная и лёгкая комедия. Напрашивается 2-й сезон, но его вроде нет. В целом хорошо. Если бы персонажи ещё не махали иногда световыми мечами и силовыми полями, то было бы вообще круто.

Синописос произведения описывается фразой "8 девок 1 я". Итак, бедный студент, девушка-привидение, девочка-волшебница, принцесса-иноплане-тянка с телохранительницей, принцесса подземелий с 15-м размером груди, отчаянная управляющая общежитием и командир кружка вязания. Все они одноклассники, а также либо живут и ночуют (большинство), либо просто тусят в крошечной однокомнатной съёмной квартирке. Казалось бы, что может войти пойти не так?

Но нет, мои маленькие любители пьяных студенческих оргий, здесь вам не тут. Всё чинно, благородно. И романтизьму хватает. В общем, наслаждайтесь.

Jakman217's avatar
Dec 17, 2014

To be honest I think this show is amazing. It's a setup for another fanservice ridden and unusually done harem setup. And it gives a setup that it, thankfully never delivers on. Every girl has their story, every girl is unique, and all come to like him for reasonable causes. The fanservice is almost non-existent, an amazing and praiseworthy thing in this day, and the sexual humor isn't horrible or overused. Most of the jokes are on the characters and who they are, not how they look or what they are. The only potential negative is that it kind of rides on the gimmicks of it's characters a bit much, but those are a rather small complaint as no arc for a character drags out needlessly. I say give this one a watch as it deserves it.

TL;DR

Good 'harem' style anime that doesn't depend on fanservice. May depend on a bit of Gimmick, but it's still very good for what it is.