If you're looking for anime similar to Inu X Boku Secret Service Special, you might like these titles.
In Victorian England it is commonplace for the rich and wealthy to have a staff, led by a head butler, to run their households; the Phantomhive Estate is no different. The young and demanding Count Ciel Phantomhive, child owner of a toy company, lives in the grand countryside manor. Sebastian is his head butler, and the epitome of perfection; he effortlessly and gracefully completes his day-to day chores and fixes the countless mistakes of the other employees. However, whilst on the outside all seems prim and proper, a more sinister secret lies just beneath the surface. Sebastian is in fact a demon bound by a contract with the young count; he will loyally serve and fight for him in return for his soul.
These anime are both based upon refined wealth, sophistication... and astonishing dysfunction.
1. Supernatural beings are centrall to both
2. Wealth, power and prestige
3. Both central characters are protected in a master/servant relationship (sometimes grudgingly) by servants with deadly skills and deep, dark secrets
4. Comic relief comes often with both stoic, small-statured central characters being shocked into indignance by the conduct of their more light-hearted companions
5. Both central characters experienced trauma and live with a heavy burden from their actions and their identities, and prefer isolation to company... but are secretly lonely
When his new high school's dormitory burns down, Yushi Inaba is left scrambling to find housing that a sixteen year-old orphan can afford. The only place he finds is an old apartment building called Kotobuki-so, where the rent is cheap and the building is... haunted?! A ghostly boy wanders the halls with his dog. The cook is completely invisible except for her hands. And the landlord is a giant youkai, who doesn't like it when the rent is late! The unfazed human residents live right alongside their unearthly neighbors; and now that Yushi has joined their community, his life is about to get much stranger!
Nearly twenty years into the 21st century, people have forgotten the existence of Yokai. When a number of unexplainable phenomena plague adults of the human world with confusion and chaos, thirteen-year-old Mana writes a letter to the Yokai Post in search of answers, only to be greeted by Ge Ge Ge no Kitaro...
Second season of The Morose Mononokean.