Infinite Dendrogram - Reviews

Ubersnuber's avatar
Apr 24, 2020

I'll keep this short, as the anime itself didn't seem to care much either.

This anime is rushed to oblivion. In the first 3 episodes, you might think that the characters are thin in development, that it might get better. It won't. In fact, it gets worse.

The protagonist fights for, get this, damsels in distress. That's it. Oh, and it leaves a "bad taste in his mouth", la di da.

Do you think I'm simplifying it? The kicker here is; I am absolutely not. And that is, naturally, our most fleshed-out character in this story. I am not kidding.

I stopped in the middle of episode 10 because I just couldn't take the bullshit anymore.

If Log Horizon is the pinnacle of isekai, this must be its opposite.

It is so hellbent on cramming all the info into 12 episodes, that it didn't for a moment think about if it should.

A rushed job to the highest degree. A V O I D

0.5/10 overall
nachfuellbar's avatar
Apr 2, 2020

Kinda annoying this show. The protagonist starts after everone else and defeats everyone while he is still low level.

Most of the characters don't feel real - they tried their best to explain the background of some major characters but in the worst possible way (maybe the characters are this bad in the light novel but I don't know yet)

Franklin the antagonist feels pretty much like "I just want to destroy things because somebody is better than me" (oh you know this? Yeah it's pretty much like that annoying brat in star wars episode 7)

Hugo is the typical "I want to do something good" character but listens to the obviously evil Franklin "cause he wants to save as many as possible" and surprise surprise Franklin lied to him...

The most consistent character is the big brother bear but even he is mediocre

This show makes me want to read the light novel in a "I don't want to believe the source is this crappy" way

Crua9's avatar
Feb 19, 2020

While I like this show, I doubt most will. This is yet another show where someone is playing a SOA like game system, but it doesn't trap them like SOA. But like SOA, 99.9999% of what we see is taking place in game.

Now what makes this different is in this game when given NPCs are dead, they stay dead. This means your missions can dramatically change the world. This also means the NPC are more than less like SOA. But unlike SOA, they know they are apart of a game.

My biggest problems include it feels like another seen it, and done it. Another major flaw is the characters. They aren't that deep. Like it's like most shows like this, and that takes me back to the first major problem.

Beyond that, there isn't much else to say since I highly doubt most coming across this haven't seen a number of SOA like show. There about a dime a dozen

Archert's avatar
Sep 7, 2020

Ni os molesteis...

No creo que se pueda salvar nada de este anime, historia más que vista, un isekai sin indentidad propia donde ocurren cosas con 0 de interes. El primer capitulo trata de como el protagonista acepta su primera mision de un nivel por encima de sus posibilidades, teniendo que salvar a una niña de un peligro que magicamente el protagonista logra superar porque...si...porque es conveniente para el guión "cliché".

Personajes planos a mas no poder, animacion de 3º categoria nada salvable excepto la coprotagonista, supongo que es mona y su diseño es bonito, hasta tiene una nendoroid asique supongo que no esta mal.

En fin, cualquier cosa que hagais es mejor que ver este anime, aprovechad vuestro tiempo.

5.8/10 story
7.5/10 sound
6.2/10 overall
AdeelAbdella's avatar
Apr 20, 2020

After watching SAO,it felt embarrassing to watch this show.What are the creator trying to reach out, doesn't make sense.Kinda hated this.SAO is one of my favourite and it tried to ruin it.

7.5/10 animation