In the Land of Leadale - Reviews

Alt title: Leadale no Daichi nite

Blueflamemaster's avatar
Feb 18, 2022

Only on episode 2, but already loving this anime. The characters are fun and make you smile. Definitly reminds me of Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear, minus the bear stuff. Looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Now On episode 9, still fun, a bit over the top, but still funny & good.

Just finished the season, had a mostly slice of life ending. Still a good anime.

Efinate's avatar
Jun 19, 2022

I wasn't really expecting much from this anime and i was right to not expect anything because this anime is quite mediocre. It is about a girl who isekaid into a game after she died. The plot is ur typical isekai. The best thing about this show was that there was no romance which i liked. The anime was a 7 out 10 around EP 8 but after that it went downhill because things were happening without any build up or a good reason. This anime is still worth the watch if u r bored as hell and don't have anything else to do just don't binge watch it.

5.5/10 overall
apoc9's avatar
Mar 24, 2022

A chill series. Anyone going into the series expecting a meaningful fantasy isekai is only going to be disappointed. I’ve read manga adaptation before the season, but it’s now way behind the anime. For that reason, I knew what I’m getting from the series beforehand except maybe the last segment of the story [1]. The idea of seriously ill protagonist spending time in VR was interesting. Shame the series doesn’t explore this whatsoever. It serves solely as excuse to have no reason for going back and MC being one of the top players by sheer time invested in the game. A blackout occurs in the city and the MC’s life support turns off as well, because the hospital has no emergency power source for some reason. That is not the case for the VR game servers. This is not much plausible.
There in the story many unexplained things occurring, which are presented but never addressed [2]. For example, like why a significant time passed in the game, when the MC embodies her character.

The series is mostly a chill adventure, because there is no possible danger for extremely OP protagonist. Another strong element is comedy … at least it’s supposed to be. This part doesn’t work so well, because the jokes get quickly repetitive. It becomes annoying when the MC for twentieth time puts on threatening aura to exact some parental punishment or loses consciousness after one alcoholic drink. The whole game concept seems pretty broken as well with few people, who attained special ability to create skills, which made them into boss-like part of the game. There isn’t much to the story. It’s few adventures, which introduce several reoccurring characters. The most notable are the three NPC MC created. This was the part that brought me to the series in the beginning [3].

In terms of characters there is not much to speak of they are either for comedy or to be cute and admire main protagonist for being awesome. There is no meaningful overarching story.

Audio-visually the series is ok. I have no complaint in that regard. OP and ED is forgettable.

After all this is one of the few series, which kept hold over me enough so I actually watched it quite regularly throughout the season. However, I would recommend it only as simple relaxing story, which doesn’t require much of the viewer.

Spoilers

[1] The MC adopts a child and settles down to raise it.

[2] Why are there randomly other players trapped in the game at random time. Some of them have been in the game trapped for substantial time.

[3] Those three are considered her children, which was interesting and funny.

SnowRose393's avatar
Jun 23, 2022

It was a good anime, i just found it a bit boring, not much action just a very casual watch.

Wellker's avatar
Mar 27, 2022

Slice of Life - Isekai - RPG
These are the main genre for this anime. As the combination suggests, its a slice of life fantasy anime with a strong protaganist that has knowledge of the game. usually i write a longer starting paragraph, but thats all you need to know really.

The pros.... in pros and cons
- its a slice of life. in a fantasy setting. gooooood.
- Fast and Furious has taught us 1 thing, FAMILY
- genrally relaxing a wholesome show for the whole FAMILY
- "
The running jokes are bad? nvm i enjoy it now" - is my opinion on the show's style of having more childish and cliche running gags I.E its funny for you, and your FAMILY
did i mention family? oh many times? you'll just have to watch to find out why! ;)
- Generic Fantasy isekai setting with wholesome changes for the anime to take place in!
- The side characters are quite likable surprisingly for a isekai/rpg anime.

Cons
- its too wholesome for its own good, its slice of life, but its closer to slice of wholesome pie instead of life due to the lack of anything REAL by lack of i mean none
- im being picky here but its too peaceful for being a fantasy/RPG show, but i guess thats its charm
- niche. if you know that word. if you don't you'll probably write a review about how this anime is sleeper andy boring af.
- Running jokes, im on the fence for that, so ill write it here as well, even after watching the show im not sure if i like it or not. maybe just a tad bit too overused.

And that's it, if you like the wholesome fantasy kind of show, like kuma kuma kuma bear, by the grace of the gods and i've been killing slimes for 300 years and maxed out my level, you'll like this show maybe.