How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord: Omega - Reviews

Alt title: Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu: Omega

Gaunter's avatar
May 30, 2021

I love How Not to Summon a Demon Lord. The first season did not have an amazing plot, but it had a good story. While, of course, there was fan service, there was a balance. What I mean is that the anime never tried to be fan service only, it also paid attention to the story and characters. And it was super fun! Second season, however, is nothing but a huge disappointment.  Remember me talking about balance? Right, this is exactly what the second season completely neglected. It feels like it just became so lazy to focus on the story and characters that it just decided to focus on fan service and fan service only.

Do not get me wrong, I am not against fan service. However, I always want from ecchi shows to have some kind of a plot and give characters a bit of a time to shine. Here, however, the story has reached a complete level of nonsense, with more and more useless characters being added, who are just additions to the Diablo’s harem; nothing but a disappointment. Like I said already, the first season did not have an amazing story, but it was trying. Here, however, it is easy to notice that the second season completely stops to focus on anything other than fan service.

Overall, really, I am VERY disappointed. It just obvious, when you compare the two seasons, how bad the second is. With the addition of some of the worst characters, who serve just like an object of some tentacle po… fan service, I do not know. If I want to watch some tentacle rape, I would rather watch some hentai. That said, if you want to watch 99% fan service and 1% story and characters, watch the second season. If you, however, like ecchi to have some plot, watch the first season and just skip the second. It is not worth it at all. But it is for you to decide, so make your decision.

alexmcgilvery's avatar
Jun 12, 2021

How to ruin an anime. The first season was standard fare, but at least there was the semblance of a plot. This season didn't have a plot so much as possible story that died a horrible death under the weight of constant fan service.

<div id="capti-toolbox" class="capti-toolbox-close"> </div> <div id="cap-small-context-menu"> </div> <div> </div> <div id="capti-toolbox" class="capti-toolbox-close"> </div> <div id="cap-small-context-menu"> </div>
2.5/10 overall
Ryuga10's avatar
May 24, 2021

this season has sort of been a let down from the first season. The pacing has reduced quite a bit from before.

The entry of more characters could be both a good thing and bad thing, for the echhi fans, more lewd scene(ahem) but the balance between the characters has not been found making it a mess. The story has prgressing quite fine withe the anime not deviating from main story and becoming a full blown echhi series which is a plus point obviously. It will be a trean for the many isekai fans no doubt, with it being a fantasy of many to be a op person with a huge harem. another things which the fans from first season must have noticed that diablo gets quite flustered around the gurls when they press their chest around him, i mean he did just outright squeze them in the first season duh. my ratings had been 7.5 for season one but

my rating for season 2(7 episodes in) would be a pretty decent 7/10

4.5/10 overall
apoc9's avatar
Jun 12, 2021

The second season of formerly forever alone gamer role playing daemon lord after being summoned into the game world in character of Diablo [1] he played as. This series is built around few elements and no it is not the story. First, it’s gap between outward appearance and presentation of cool badass versus inner monologues and state of character, who is just hardcore gamer, has difficulty in social situations and doesn’t know what to do. It’s similar to Momonga aka Ainz Ooal Gown from the Overlord series. Second, it’s the ecchi, the fanservice and the harem. Both elements combined lead MC to embarrassing situations, where he tries to play the cool guy. In interaction with the world, he is pretty OP. Despite his role playing and posing as a daemon lord from another world. What he does are mostly good deeds. Story is straightforward adventure with battles, where MC pretty much wins all the time. The second season does manage to put slight tension in some situations, because the enemies are stronger than in the first season.

Characters are simple tropes. Goofy blond elf with large chest, her polar opposite rival/friend cat girl with small chest. In the second season they are joined by priestess Lumachina, who represents character with overly idealistic outlook on the world. She is the only character, where one could argue some character development and grasp on complexity. Daemon lord Klum from the first season stay conveniently in the city while others go on an adventure. She serves more as comical OP character. There is not much to say about them.

Animation and visuals are ok. The soundtrack is pretty nice.

If you are looking for some ecchi/power fantasy including simple RPG adventure or if you liked the first season you are going to enjoy the series. With that in mind it’s easily digestible series. For those who are bored of that kind series and desire something more from anime it isn’t worth the time. There are way better series around including this very same season.

[1] It has nothing to do with the game if you ask. It’s just name.

lalamise's avatar
Jun 18, 2021

I expected something different after watching first season.

I enjoyed the plot despite of huge amout of ,,rough" fanservice, which I am not realy huge fan of. But everything in this season, compared to the previous one seemed to be to fast. There were some new characters that didin't even had a chance to develop properly. The story is lacking some basic elements even tho the concept was not bad. Some of the scenes with the priestess where hell to much for me, like leftovers of my morality started to scream- turn it off. If you are a highly religious person or don't like worshiping of god while for example-,, tentacle fanservice ", than you might have a little problem with this show. Still, it is a watchable isekai with some amout of humor (that not everyone might like). Best thing for me in all of this show is a main character.

5.6/10 overall