How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom - Reviews

Alt title: Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki

786Cookie's avatar
Sep 18, 2021

I say this is one of the best shonen isekai anime ever. Normally, the MC would just go around collecting women and forming a harem but this MC sticks to one woman. Yes there is mentions of polygamy but he has never once flirted with any other woman apart from his fiancee. He is also very logical. He knows that there are some things you can't do and he doesn't strive to save everyone even though he wants to because he knows that you can't win em all.

I also like how he is not very OP. Any other isekaid MC would be drowning in OP stats but he has one power and even though it's not that amazing in battle, it's tailored to his needs. His decisions are purely based on the betterment of the kingdom whilst using realistic views and not just hoping things would fa,, into place. He's no Light Yagami but he's very smart in his own way. I'd say that even though I'd never rewatch this anime once I've finished it, it's probably one of the best isekai anime in the ranks. I give it 5 stars.

Best thing of all is that even though there are women with big assets, so far they have not sexualised any of the girls. Yup, you heard me. No cringe hot spring episode yet and no women with bouncy badonkadonks when they run. And the women are even clothed! Which means that they're not wearing unrealistic short skirts but baggy pants and uniforms that don't accentuate their chests. I say that's a big improvement from the other isekai. Even the girls don't straight up fall in love with him, they just deeply respect him while also maintaining boundaries.

tristnn's avatar
Sep 26, 2021

this anime is the definition of that meme of the horse thats really well drawn but keeps getting worse and worse. this anime started off pretty cliche but watchable and had potential but got progressively worse every episode to the point where I was cringing for the entire last episode.

Sstalker0641's avatar
Dec 27, 2021

It's literally just the "town building" isekai cliche stretched out to be 12 episodes long. Fill in the gaps with your standard cookie cutter isekai characters and you get this.

HikenNoAsxce's avatar
Sep 9, 2021

Honestly pretty good for an Isekai anime.

POSITIVES

The gimmick of Hero being a Realist is actually pretty great. A lot of the story revolves around using your brain to solve problems and not your magical OP powers granted to you by the Isekai Gods.

If you wish to see a different Isekai where the MC isn't just gathering girls of questionable age for his harem and defeating everyone with his cheating OP powers, you will enjoy this one.

NEGATIVES

Still, an Isekai anime where the hero is called to save the world from some Demon Army

There is a scene where an old guy suggests the MC marry a 10-year-old because it's "OK" in this world.

The season so far is looking to end on a typical Isekai War between two factions.

The Worst part of this anime has to be the lore dump. JUST FUCKING PARAGRAPHS of names and places being thrown out every other episode to build up this world. Instead of slowly showing us this Isekai, the anime just gives us a Map and tells us where each country is located, their leaders, and their current ideology. etc. This is a very common isekai-anime troupe, and it sucks.

YukinaZero's avatar
Jan 18, 2022

First I'd like to say that compared to the isekai trash that's been coming out for the last few years this is heaps better

Pros: Main character has a lot of charisma, lovely soundtrack (but often used to cover up dry scenes),  it's way to dramatic, and that can come off as unintentionally funny at times, the romance is cute, good chemistry.

Cons: Politics, terribly boring dialog at times, the Harem in this also kind of pissed me off, it was just so unnecessary and even felt like a forced add on.