Horimiya - Reviews

PeachesOnBeaches's avatar
May 9, 2021

what starts off as a promising examination of self imposed loneliness and rebellion turned around by a relationship quickly turns into an incongruent device to watse time. while it has some endearing characters, they never really get fleshed out other than Kyouko and Izumi; the two mains. strangly there is no conflict to drive the plot other than unrequited crushes and a quickly resolved rivalry between the main character and a secondary male over a girl. they become friends in short order.  Its got some humor and a touch of angst but falls short in the romcom genre. It has a pretty anticlimactic ending. the first few episodes carry the whole season.

gmn's avatar
Feb 16, 2021

This includes my First review and my review after watching all the episodes of Horimiya.

From just the first episode I knew that this is going to be one of my favorites animes. I've read the manga after the third episode ( I suppose ) because I was so impatient about the story and I love how it's going.

This is my first ever review so I am not good at rating at but as someone who likes to watch anime I love it.

You've probably read the description of it ( unless you are too lazy like me ) but to summarize it from my point of view, it's about the girl everyone adores with excellent marks, while she secretly takes care of the house and her brother and a boy who everyone thinks he is an otaku, gloomy and dark ( a nerd too) but he is way too handsome hehe. however, people around them don't their real personalities and looks. It has some cute and comedy moments and the characters are pretty good all the other characters have great and interesting personalities.

It reminds me pretty much of Kimi ni Todoke and His and Her Circumstances.

I would recommend reading the manga too because it has many cute and funny moments ^-^

After the 13 episodes review:

So the story started with the interaction of the MC and his love interests and the development of their relationship. adding some random, funny, and cute moments with their friends. The MC overcomes his depression and loneliness after meeting many people especially Hori-san.

It was a great anime. The story wasn't extraordinary but loveable and the Animation was better at the start than the ending. I am not someone who focuses on the sound in the anime, so don't take the sound rating as seriously as the others.

I gave it 8/10 because although there was a great development between Miyamura and Hori-san, the supporting character's scenes, relationships, and all (in the last half episodes) felt so rushed and could've been shown off better.

However, it was a great anime and worth watching ^^

Miyamura smiling at you because he is going to see you soon ......... right?

7.5/10 animation
7.8/10 overall
Melissa93's avatar
Feb 22, 2021

This anime will make you feel happy and joyful!

It’s a lovely, sweet, cute, heartwarming, wholesome story that describes how a high school love turned into a pure and inseparable love.

There’s no unnecessary drama since characters communicate like real people do!

All I can say is that, if you're a love anime person, it's the anime for you. And if you're not, it's still the anime for you, to make you realise not all romance anime are the same.

Go and Watch this Amazing masterpiece which will make you smile  a lot!

SekkusuPisutoruzu's avatar
May 24, 2021

I watched this show cuz it had been ggetting a lot of praise however was totally disappointed. Dont get me wrong it isn't bad at all but tbh I couldn't find anything special in it. The male MC is OK, nothing special  and the female MC is totally annoying and overrated.

The story, characters and writing is totally mediocre. The animation is awesome though. Overall its highly overrated and people calling it a masterpiece is outright cringy to me.

kai24's avatar
Feb 21, 2021

Negative:
Somehow, I am disappointed with the anime adaptation because they skip some chapters and did not include some of the cutest and funny moments in manga. Reason why I prefer manga than anime.

But anyways, I love it so muuuch!!

Positive:
I have read the manga way before the anime had begun and I fell in love with it. Now that it has its anime adaptation, I fell in love even more. So happy it got its animation. I can finally see Miyamura in action and plus voice by my favorite voice actor <3