Highschool of the Dead: Drifters of the Dead - Reviews

ChocoboBorn's avatar
Feb 21, 2012

It seems that many people scored this ova lowly simply because it was about butts, breasts and the OVA didn't really go anywhere with the story. But i hope everyone understands that an OVA is a side story and doesn't necessarily have to be a continuation of the series.

From my experience, OVA's for me have always been a comedy episode. Something totally random, something that doesn't really have anything to do with the main story line. Yes, i'm aware that there are OVA's that deal with main story lines that contribute additional info, but i always assume the worst, in this case that the OVA will be a comedy episode, that way I won't be dissapointed at the end of the OVA like so many others.

And of course, the ova for HOTD would be about butts and breasts. It's HOTD! What do you expect?

Anyways, i liked it. Not for the breasts and butts. I'd be a liar if i said i didn't like HOTD for the butts and breasts. I'm the same as every other guy watching HODT. But there's a another reason i liked the OVA.

Anyways, i liked it because i found the OVA to be very funny. It was very weird but thats why i found it funny. Kohta and his broomstick. I was like " What is wrong with this guy?" but i was laughing at how weird he was. And takashi at the end..."oh man!". That's about it. All the other parts i was really kind of bored. The Girls making a move on the each other was "meh". Yeah sure, we got to see their breasts and ass more but if you've already seen the entire 1st season of HOTD then you've had more than enough time to see those.

Story - 8 Simple plot. Didn't really like the part where the girls make a move on each other. I could have gone without that but i'm sure some guy out there is enjoying that part.

Animation - 9 great as always.

Sound - 9 great as always.

Characters - 8 Same old HOTD characters.

Feel free to leave a comment. I love feedback on my reviews.

tyr's avatar
Dec 30, 2011

"OK guys, so we're making one last episode as an OVA. Should we continue the story?"
"Nah, lets just send all the characters to an island for no apparent reason where they can dance around in bikinis!"

Yep, the show addressed the stupidness of this situation itself in a comment from one of the characters at the start and yep, given the priorities of the show I should have expected a big fat slab of fanservice. But...to this extent?

If you like the show be rest assured you can safely watch this without missing out on anything. Nothing happens. The characters just get high and think they're shagging each other and....yeah.

extreme133's avatar
Nov 22, 2011

TOO MUCH FANSERVICE NOT ENOUGH PLOT

PLOT

They're on an island oasis wearing (barely legal?) swimsuits and the girls are hallucinating and started to do yuri stuff because of the fish the gun nut (Hirano) caught.

that's pretty much the entire plot right there...

Verdict

I feel guilty watching this 16 minute drivel, if it weren't for the fanservice I would've given it an even lower score.

Uhwhoshereforthefun's avatar
May 14, 2021

DOO DOO ALERT. This anime was crappy, just as the other season. This one was legit, OH NO WE ARE TRAPPED ON AN ISLAND LETS FUCK. Bruh.

AnimeToonzStudio's avatar
Sep 8, 2019

I do not like this ova at all. This ova is nothing but a filler. It didn't have plotline like original. The fanservice become too wild than the original. I do not recommend watching this show.