Heaven's Lost Property Forte - Reviews

Alt title: Sora no Otoshimono Forte

Domidip's avatar
Nov 1, 2010

After watching the 4 first episodes this is what I can tell you:

This anime is for pretty much any pervert. But wait! If you're still not convinced it gets better! The storyline is pretty much... well it's unimportant. This anime is based on cleavage and some of the best comedy in a while. It made me smile and laugh through all of the episodes. So if you can handle the ecchi, (most of us probably will ;)) watch it!!

So as I mentioned, the storyline is almost not mentioned in these first episodes, the characters are those typical loveable characters. The voice acting is ok-good and the animation goes very well with the ecchi and comedy.

The main character really pulled me in his quest for... well whatever you want to call it. He 'dies' quite a few more times then most people, and I cried every time! Not really but it was sad. In a funny epic way.

Conclusion: watch the first few episodes, it's funny, sexy, and strangely enough dramatic and good. Still, be warned for the ecchi if you don't like it, this anime is kinda based on it.

WolfAngelus's avatar
Apr 1, 2017

There is more story focus this season compared to the first. The first 3 episodes will be extremely random and very themed episodes that are more pervy than anything from season 1. After those it goes back to the normal formula from season 1. There is still a lot a humor and pervyness throughout the season, but a bunch more seriousness too. More investigation into the synapse and 2 additional angels come into the picture. The synapse and story regarding the male angel master are never wrapped up, but that was really more of a background focus anyway. Further development of the angels to become human progresses, and even some slight romance elements.

It would have been nice to see more of a wrap up, but there was never a shortage of the main element that was so enjoyable (the random, pervy comedy). Nymph was my favorite character (always a fan of the flat chested characters), and she got quite a bit of focus, and two big twists relating to her situation from the last episode in season 1. Given her situation and development over both seasons, it felt more satisfying and touching than the average anime. This, and the ending really ended the anime well in my opinion.

If you liked season 1, this season is a no brainer. If only there were more seasons, I think lots more could have been done. This anime will make a great re-watch and overall, just great for lots of laughs and complete sillyness.

Review of Season 1 ; Scored 10

Dionkeykong's avatar
Mar 13, 2016

Now i admit that this anime is a pervert's dream.It ticks all of the ecchi genre's cliche's.What u might not expect is that it also has a story behind it.And a good one at that.Don't expect the best story ever written by human beings but it's still good.The ecchi part unfortunately is there allright.But it doesn't mean it's in the way of the story development.It is strangely balanced.And what's more it has that special factor that makes an anime special for me.It's a great laugh.

The story is awesome in a comic way,never mind if it's perverted humor,what's important is that one gets to have a good laugh since,just like from the previous season,it is all about the misadventures of the perverted Tomoki and his never ending quest to peek inside the ladies locker.The action side of it,the one which the angeliods do battle with Chaos can be considered as good as well.But,one thing about this anime is it's ending theme..It doesn't have one,there is a different ending theme for every episode,but it does give it a unique way of ending an episode and you can really feel the creativeness of the author.

The characters.This kinda gets interesting,from the start,you would have thought that you've already knew the characters from the previous season and you simply rely on what info you get from the newly added,and as you watch the new season of this anime you would have thought that Astraea was mislabeled as a "Close Combat Angeliod" because of her stupidity,but as the episode progresses she really is what she is been labeled and she's has made herself part of Tomoki's bunch that adds to the comic relief of the anime,for the other characters,well,I found out that Tomoki is hornier than ever,but I can't dig as to why he didn't bang Ikaros (ep9) when he has the chance,Sohara who is as jealous as ever whenever Tomoki does some perverted things to others rather than to her(co'z she always dream of him doing it to her),Nymph,who still has no wings,desires to be Tomoki's servant and hotter that ever despite being flat chested,there is Ikaros who is still a bit of an air head,but now seems to desires to have a deeper relationship with Tomoki,also we get to see the 2 angeliods observing modesty whenever they get close to Tomoki.The 2 other characters,Eishiro who still longs to discover the so-called "NEW WORLD" may have have found it above the sky to where the angeliods came from,thanks to Nymph's dream machine and there is Mikako who is sadistic and always has a lot of schemes to relive her boredom.There is a new comer,Chaos,whom at first I thought has been defeat by Ikaros,so I guess the best is yet to come.

Tomo90's avatar
Jul 31, 2011

Sora no Otoshimono Forte (Heaven’s Lost Property Forte) was surprisingly good. It built on the previously series incredibly well and improved on its lacking areas without losing any of the charm or comedy from the first series which made this anime so appealing.

The story continues with the mysterious ‘new world’ plotting to dispose of Tomo-chan while he and the cast go on with their normal lives thinking that they are safe from attack. Eishiro, the leader of the new world club, is used as the vehicle to progress the story as he tries to discover more about the new world. Unlike the first series Sora no Otoshimono Forte focuses on the story throughout the whole series, it just doesn’t seem like something that got lopped on the end so that the anime could have some meaning, it feels like with each episode they got closer to truth which was a nice change.

The characters were developed further which added depth to this anime. They felt like individual characters not just a representation of a type. Tomo-chan is again brilliant and funny just like the first series so not much has changed on this front.

The animation was again pretty standard but Sora no Otoshimono Forte however the music was brilliant again as Sora no Otoshimono Forte kept up the unique ending like the first series which was again wonderful and original (I wonder why more anime don’t do this).

If you like the first series then you will like this series, it improves on the lacking areas but stills keeps its charm which make it such a success in the first series.

7.5/10 story
8.2/10 overall
XxZeroeZxX's avatar
Jan 27, 2011

Why do pervs get everything they want (with gusto)?

Forte is overall an improvement upon its predecessor. I'm gonna begin this review by saying a few things that to varying degrees will surprise you who have seen Sora no Otoshimono. No spoilers here, just some interesting thematic trends. The first is that with the exception of the last 3-4 episodes, Nymph is unquestionably the female lead; not Ikaros. On the whole Ikaros really takes a step back in Forte, the final few eps in which she is the featured character fail to make up for the overall lack of contributions she has in the second season. Now, this is one of those situations where there are two sides to every coin. Because Nymph transforms into a very good character that the viewer is able to be emotionally connected with perhaps even more so than with Ikaros in the first season. Why am I able to say this? This leads me to surprising fact number two; the story is much more in focus in Forte. Granted, for me this wasn't a huge surprise because I actually thought the backbone of the story that was introduced in the first season was excellent, it just really didn't come into play until the last ep for the most part. But in Forte, the story is the really the focus of the series. There's still plenty of mindless ech interlude. But for one, this comprises a minority of the series (even if it's a slight minority). And secondly, the ech moments in Forte are generally more tasteful than they were in the first season. What I mean is that these moments were funnier and less pervy than they were before. A good example of this is the introduction of the 3rd angeloid Astrea. While Astrea, let's face it, is the blonde bimbo among the angeloids, she's also the funniest. I'd have to say, weighing pros and cons, she definitely added to the series more than she detracted from it. One more note I'd like to make on the improved plot before I move on is that you can expect some major plot twists. I won't go into details, but I will just say that the first big plot twist (which comes in ep 6) is fantastic; HOWEVER, it is not adequately resolved which bothered me. A later plot twist tries to compensate for this, but really they just dodged the issue entirely it seems to me. A final note at the advice of my fellow community member, you'll wanna watch the little post-credit scenes at the end of most of the eps because they give you a better understanding of the plot. The third surprise is more of an aside, but is something that notably is often unaccounted for and that is that Forte introduces a realistic time-progression factor. Both Tomo and Sohara have aged by a few years. This definitely improves Tomo's character. His good side is on display much more frequently than it was in the first season. He's still the same old perv, but I wouldn't say that I utterly despise him anymore. Really the only thing of note with Sohara is that she's certainly 'developed.' That's not meant to be beading around the bush; I consider that to be pretty direct language. Moving along, there are two notes I'd like to say on the negative side and they're kinda related. The first is that the whole switch-over of character focus from Nymph to Ikaros is just fundamentally odd. Because it almost seems like the series ended a few eps too early and they needed some filler material. It's not really that bad, but you wonder whether it was really necessary. On a related note, the second complaint I have is that the ending is not nearly as compelling as the first season. It was clever and you can appreciate what they were going for, but it's not actually that good. But overall, as I said in the opening Forte is in totality an improvement to Sora no Otoshimono, still 6.5 out of 10. There is somewhat of a letdown factor. Last but not least, let me be possibly the first to inform you that Sora no Otoshimono The Movie is coming!!!

7.5/10 story