Heaven Official's Blessing Special - Reviews

Alt title: Tian Guan Ci Fu Special

Louvion's avatar
Jun 3, 2021

HOB/TGCF was good, but this is even better!! It was very enjoyable and so much fun to watch.

Tha story was amazing, it really highlights the romance between -you know who- and Xie Lian. There is no backpeddling, no making them brothers, no hostility. This is unlike other shows from China which can be censored to high heaven.

None of that happens, they just...flirt. They don't kiss or makeout or have any ecchi but that does not mean they aren't flirting...it truly illustrates the love felt by the charachters.

Now, I will avoid spoilers however the story is amazing! It truly displays everything fans could want. This is so satisfying it is crazy!

The sound is just as good as the original, however the visuals are better! They do not use any of the bad cg used in the show itself, so it looks very good throughout!

Finnaly, the charachters are as they are in the show itself. I WILL say the way they display 'that persons' face is gorgeous! the extra details are so fun and watchers can tell the animators took care when showing the side-by sides.

I reccomend watching this after seeing TGCF!! 10/10!!

dosorio's avatar
Feb 16, 2022

Its a must !

I cant emphasize how much you should watch this special. The mere development of the characters, the sense of closure and the outstanding dialogues are masterfull. If youve seen Heavens Officials Blessing, you should watch the special. Trust me when I say the storry well get even better. And If you didnt understand perfectly all the flashbacks or context behind the story, this will make it clearer.

Wonpilly's avatar
Sep 19, 2021

FLUFFY EPISODE THAT HEALED AND BROKE MY HEART IN ONE GO. I AM HAPPY BUT SAD.

Bloom19's avatar
Jan 11, 2023

To think that just 1 episode can do so much to your heart! I am freaking out inside and I cannot wait for season 2 to come out!!! >///<

Yes show mama you pretty little face!

My life is complete know I can die in peace! <3

9.5/10 story
9.5/10 characters
9.7/10 overall
sofialmeidah's avatar
Nov 7, 2021

Pure fan service. Most of the episode was just there to give us a bit of what we were waiting for. I'm not saying I disliked it, but I was conscious all the time a good part was fan service (especially the first minutes). Overall, it's a nice episode.