Happy Birthday Inochi Kagayaku Toki

Add review
Illusion123chan's avatar
Jan 4, 2018

It's needless to say that i cryed and got a lot of cold shivers through spines from this movie. So if you are in any case reading this before movie, i should warn you that it's so sad.  My eyes were watery 15 mins intro movie, so i had to pause it for 5-10 minutes.

Story: We all got through some trouble in our lifes ( well someone didn't ) , wheter it's family problems or school problems or anything similar to that. This is exactly about that. If you ever felt like a leftout that no one cares about, this story is right for you. It's not kinda unique ( it was probably for that time when it was writted )

This movie is about young girl Fujiwara Asuka that get's rejected by everyone, including her brother and mother, which leaves most impact on her life. She is strugling and don't tell anyone about her problems cause she doesn't have anyone... As she goes through her sad life, finally a little bit of sympathy and care for her and she's gone to her grandma and grandpa so she could recover from weakness and voice which she lost. But after storm comes sun, and story develops more and more about her having happy life, while bringing sad things that ends up good.

Animation: I love this animation. I know it's not that good but in 1999 it was pretty much awesome. They managed to bring me back to my childhood with those scenes in the village, when Asuka is helping her Grandpa and Grandma to find a chicked that hides in bush to lay eggs. Everything was almost perfect.

Sound: OST in this movie was sad yet happy. Also voice acting was very good.

Characters: Now this is the best thing. With clearly character development and other things, they managed to get you to hate some characters, and than love them. Everything was perfect in every aspect of characters.

Overall: Everything is working in this movie, it's enjoyable, it isn't too long. I completely enjoyed this, and got a feels trip gratis with movie. Anyways i suggest you to watch it, but if you are reading this review and this sentence, it just means you finded movie with lack of popularity, which isn't known that is like a gold nugget in anime world.

Also you will notice one character that doesn't even talk ( Megumi ) which will just prove you how good Asuka is :)

If you liked this review, follow me on Anime-Planet as aprecciation :)

9.5/10 animation
yann's avatar
Aug 20, 2013

A little girl named Asuka is bullied by everyone around her.
Even her mom and brother.
She loses her voice, so she skips school and is sent to her Grandparents to live by them for a little while. There she finds out that her mom was jealous as a kid towards her own sister that had a mental disease and got more attention of her parents.

After Living with her grandparents Asuka builds up a little confindence.

Returning home when going back to school.
She starts to stand up for herself and the other classmates that were bullied.

The rest of the story you'll have 2 watch for yourself

It's not the greatest anime, and the story is a little bit cheesy.
But after watching it. It kind of is not bad at all. :)