Haikyuu!! To the Top: Part II - Reviews

dinotsukki's avatar
Dec 8, 2020

I know a lot of people are being quite critical of the animation and how much they're stretching one match, but personally, I am enjoying hearing about all the characters' backstories (although I admit the animation needs improvement). I'm also not too upset about Hinata's lack of screentime, because despite him being the protagonist, I don't particularly like him. That's a personal opinion, of course, so I understand why people who do like him are upset about his limited screentime as a main character.

Overall, I am thoroughly enjoying the season and I keep rewatching it while waiting for the weekly episode.

9.5/10 story
juancito3000's avatar
Nov 14, 2020

I'll be very brief and honest on this one, I'm about to drop this season. It started very good, same as the previous seasons, but the flashbacks, pushing too hard to make everyone amazing, and lack of Hinata's screen time made me lost interest.
I do want to see how all the team progresses, but I don't need to see every single player's flashback before very single serve.

Not only that but same as other recent sports anime, the protagonist is not shown for a long time while to opposing teams are being "show cased".
Why is it that sports anime start really, really good, they hook you up, and then around the 3rd season they just choke you with a horrendous amount of flashbacks and personal struggles that are so obvious to be just time-fillers.

I can also see that animation suffered a bit this season but the rest was top notch, voice acting was superb.

I wanted to see how Hinata and his team improves over time, I don't even care if they win or not. (~ ̄▽ ̄)~

TheDesstroyer's avatar
Nov 17, 2020

Although the animation isn't as desireable as people may like it to be the show is still the best sports anime out there. Because the story does a very good job of making you like the characters on the other team because obivously people are liking the Miya twins but also in the latest episode (7) they have just introduced Kita and although we have only known him properly for one episode I already like him. As well as this there is the match with nekoma which goes a bit into the back story of Kenma and Kuroo which is also a very good area (although when released people weren't very happy).

The sound track has been impecable because at the end of the 1st episode gave me chills. They have once again knocked the ball out of the park with the sound track like they do every season.

kirito1kazuto's avatar
Nov 28, 2020

If you hang on until episode 9 you will feel that it was really worth the wait.

Mrukliwy's avatar
Nov 26, 2020

It's to much. These flashbacks should get an offspin, 10+ episodes 1 match. Situations like  score 10 points with 1 attack - in the end succesfull 1 block and the blocker says 'you played as I wanted'. I do like the previous seasons but I'd rather rewatch Gojiro shooting 1 goal for 5 episodes than 5 episodes of flashbacks and a retarded conclusion in the end.

I'm sure the final match comes in season 20.