Gugure! Kokkuri-san

Add review
CaptainSlow's avatar
Dec 26, 2014

What I Liked: Kohina. The saga of Female!Kokkuri-san. The ending theme, and the piano arrangement of said theme in episode 8. Tama, despite her personality. Appealing character designs with the right amount of traditional and bishounen / bishoujo elements. Episode 11, for being an interesting change of pace. Shigaraki, despite being a drunkard and a crook. Kohina's speech patterns are incredibly cute, much like her insistence of her non-human status.

What I Didn't: Sex jokes, sex jokes everywhere. All the mononoke are actually downright creepy (in a latent criminal sense) in some respect, but Inugami especially takes this up to eleven. "Idealised" Kohina (e.g. the non-chibi Kohina) looked a lot older than she should've. Episode 11, for introducing the overt pedophile Tengu. Did rely on obligatory episode formats (e.g. Onsen, Christmas/New Year) and a few tired tropes (magical gender-swapping and age regression). Occasional pacing issues where some skits felt longer than they should've.

Final Verdict: This self-styled "fluffy comedy" spends much of its run-time dancing within the bounds of the playfully indecent, with most of the adult characters in the series being depicted as lecherous, dishonest or just plain creepy towards the prepubescent Kohina. It also spends a lot of time steeped in tired tropes and tripping over it's own pacing. But it's not all bad - the animation is nice, the character designs are quite pleasing and Kohina herself is a cute (if not occasionally macabre) delight.

hhill's avatar
Aug 28, 2015

This anime is totally hilarious! Just don't ask me what it's about, because I really couldn't tell you. So don't expect some epic plot, but the jokes are so funny that you won't even care.

CureAriel's avatar
May 2, 2015

This Dolly Anime sucks Dirty noodles and Food!

Kohina is lazy and unfun!

Kokkuri-san is a spoiled brat!

and there's boredom galore!

And on Top of that, The Anime is just boring, The characters are boring, the story is boring, and The Sound is boring!

The only interesting thing I can point out is Kohina's Magical-girl-eqsue transformation.

I'd say Barbie and Licca-chan Dolls are far more interesting than this.

I've been into Dolls and figures pretty much almost my whole life.

And I could safely say that this Anime, along with Kohina, The boring doll, is one of the lamest excuses for Dolly entertainment in history. Heck!

I'd rather watch "Barbie and Licca-chan Dolls" rather than watching "Gugure! Kokkuri-san" again.

"Starfish headache" and solid blade to the skull for Kohina and this Anime.

Make Kohina and her anime rot in the pit of oblivion. seize!

duchessliz's avatar
Apr 29, 2015

What do you get when you put a fox spirit, a cursed dog spirit, a perverted tanuki with a drinking problem, and a human girl who thinks she's a doll with an obsession of cup noodles, all under one roof? You get a cute and funny anime that is sure to keep you entertained for twelve hilarious episodes! I admit ... I was somewhat iffy on this one and after the first episode I wasn't entirely sure that I would like where they were going with this, but this anime is the type that grows on you. Every episode pulls you in even more into their house of craziness and you find yourself eagerly awaiting for the next to find what mess the gang will find themselves in. My only regret ... is that it wasn't longer....

Dionkeykong's avatar
Apr 17, 2017

While watching Gugure i found myself strangely drawn to the idea of gourging my eyes out with a spoon,then set them on fire and burry them in the backyard.Is it bad you ask?Well let's find out,shall we?

The story is nothing new.Girl summons fox spirit cause she's lonely,said spirit decides to live with her because he's concerned about her eating habits...Funny right?...And then the floodgates open for more supernatural pedophiles to chime in and live with her.Now you get the kind of people who like this,yes?

The whole anime relies on comedy stunts between all the characters..Or so i read in almost every review..Now i saw the whole damn thing and i barely raised a smile,let alone a laugh.Maybe if you're 6 and your idea of funny are impaled puppies then sure it's funny.For people like me,who don't live in a psychiatric clinic it was as funny and appealing as anal juice.

For some reason it feels cheap,every attempt at a joke falls flat,the interaction between all the characters feels way to forced.Every single one of them are so predictable it hurts even thinking about it.Now i read in some reviews that the visual gags are the funny part of the anime...Yeah right...Is anal prolapse funny?No i'm being unfair..Anal prolapse is funnier than this..Getting stabbed in the throat is funnier than this..You get the picture i presume.Honest to god while watchin it i had this vague image of the voice actors dying slowly from lethal doses of boredom.

I have seen many shit in my life but this is by far and large the worst yet.No story,no comedy,nothing memorable.To be frank i have seen holocausts funnier than this..May god have mercy on our souls.