Great Pretender - Reviews

MelonX's avatar
Jul 22, 2020

This is a great anime overall, and each of the main characters get a mini arc to shine. I love that they use different languages in relation to the place they're in, like in France.

The animation is unique and I think the storyline is great so far.

Quinny0's avatar
Aug 22, 2020

Honestly, this was freaking amazing. This was way, way, way, WAY better than i expected.

STORY: the plot was amazing, and pretty much original. I've never seen anything like it, and the backstories for each character (the ones we've seen so far) are brilliant too. I love detective/crime/mind games, it's so interesting, and this was just as good! the jokes were pretty funny as well.

CHARACTERS: like i said, the backstories of the characters were great. They were all pretty sad, and also had something to do with the case, which was a nice touch to add. The look and clothing of all the characters were amazing as well. The girls looked cute, the dudes looked handsome, the clothing was fashionable, and some of the characters looked pretty funny... one of them had a egg shaped head 🥚

SOUND: the sound track, the background music, the ending... all of it was just perfect. It went well with the anime, and it was nice to listen to for a little jam.

Overall, I really loved this anime and i think you should give it a try. I hoped this help and i hope you give it a chance.

Nezume's avatar
Aug 27, 2020

This is such a fun series! Literally, I had so much fun watching every single episode of this series. The story is divided into arcs and each arc focuses on the backstory of a particular character along with the overall main plot. There is a colorful cast of characters and the end result in every arc is so damn satisfying! I truly had a good time watching it. Can't wait for more episodes!

sunb3am's avatar
Jul 5, 2020

ok now this is a really good anime-easily in my top 10. i love the diversity in the characters! they even put freddie mercury's song for the end credits!! i recommend this to everyone. truly a gem :)

9.5/10 story
Some1ridculous's avatar
Sep 23, 2020

ONE OF THE BEST ANIME I'VE SEEN IN 2020 AND I'VE WAITED 4 LONG EFFIN MONTHS FOR THIS MAGNIFICENT SHOW TO FINISH WITH A BANG. Honestly guys, I can't tell you how much I am gushing over this anime like it was just such a fantastic fun ride to get to know Laurent, Edamura, Abbie and Cynthia as such professional conartists. You'd wonder who came up with the idea of introducing conartistry in an anime like this? Clearly whoever did, major kudos to them!!!!!!!

I am super in love with the art like Wit Studios just know how to hire great artists for this show. Not to mention having a slick soundtrack, as well as introducing a legendary Queen Song "Great Pretender" and matching it exactly of what this anime is about. I honestly hope there's a season 2 in the works because I just found this show entertaining, witty, sexy, hilarious, clever, full of twists, you name it! Basically all those types of ingredients are there is what you need for an anime to become great and memorable.

My dudes, I am begging you all to check out this show. This show is literally *chefs kiss* you won't regret it !!!!!!!!!!!!!💓💓💓💓💓💓💓

9.9/10 overall