Gourmet Girl Graffiti - Reviews

Alt title: Koufuku Graffiti

Retronatrix's avatar
Apr 14, 2015

Ok, the plot isn't deep or overly emotional, I'll grant that. But if you want a fun and simple feel good time then Gourmet Girl Graffiti is wonderful. The mix of good food and friendship is just warm and welcoming and the simplicity of everything is good to relax to. I can't wait to read the manga.

Fallenblackroses's avatar
Nov 19, 2015

This show is better than it looks, even though the first episode is quite slow. It follows the life of a girl who loves to cook becoming closer to her cousin who loves to eat after her cousin decides to attend cram school in Tokyo. The plot is very simple, but if you have any interest in Japanese culture and cuisine, or even discovering a new recipe, I recommend you to watch it. If you aren't too familiar with Japanese cuisine this anime will certainly be educational. The anime really did well at making everything seem appetizing and watching the two girls enjoy different meals is entertaining, especially when the animation focuses on their reactions- everything becomes sparkly and glossy, especially their lips and eyes. It seems quite unusual to have fanservice just based on their reactions, but it's tasteful and amusing to see. Every episode has a certain dish that she wants to cook, and we follow the instructions and recipes with her. The pacing of the anime is quite slow, the first few episodes are quite weak and probably not enough to make people want to finish the show. I feel that one of the biggest problems is that the main character Ryou is quite bland and although it's difficult to dislike anyone in the show, it's also really hard to find anyone loveable. The backgrounds are really well animated and the patterns on the clothes are quite eye catching. I think anyone interested in Japanese culture and cuisine would really enjoy this. And make sure not to watch this show when hungry, it can be a painful experience.

Mousekateer627's avatar
Feb 16, 2016

The setting of the story is simple but sweet. It's a great to watch if your a food lover. this show  will enhance your appetite and make you hungry at the end of each episode.

8.5/10 sound
7.8/10 characters
pachitam's avatar
Jul 24, 2017

If you're a foodie, this would probably be one of the animes in your radar. It certainly was the reason I checked out the series.

This anime has really good art, and glorious animation of the food prepared and eaten (but do not expect details of the cooking process like what you get from Shokugeki No Soma). That's about all the positive things I can say about Kuofuku Graffiti.

There's not much to the storyline. The characters are pretty straight forward, with Kirin being a particularly annoying character. The cutesy characters, with their sparkling huge eyes, head tilts and mini skirts may be entertaining to some. I found it all kind of grating. Not my cup of tea.

7.5/10 animation
ForeverEvee's avatar
May 5, 2020

It's cute. Not much in terms of plot, but it's a simple slice-of--life story with some beautiful food animation. It defintiely has some...sensual moments when the characters are eating (along with stereotypical anime moments when light nudity is involved). But all in all, it's a cute, short show about food bringing people together.

6.5/10 sound