Girl's High - Reviews

Alt titles: High School Girls, Joshikousei

DavidWP's avatar
Feb 25, 2011

A very underrated anime. Sure the animation is pretty average, but the characters are just awesome and so's the story. More in the video review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sua2HiUWAj4

BBFC rating - N/A

My BBFC rating - 15 for strong language and sex references

8.8/10 overall
jonsonicu64's avatar
Jun 29, 2011

STORY- Basic on the manga, it starts with these 3 girls Eriko Takahash, Yuma Suzuki and Ayano Sato sneaky in a girls high school  before the first day of school to see how a high school is. but they get disappointed what they find and get Discover by 3 girls, Kouda Akari, Himeji Kyoko and Ogawa Ikue. these girls ask Eriko, Yuma ,Ayano how it feels to be a senior cuz they think they seniors with the uniforms Eriko and other 2 found. to not be Discover they lie and a told them a fake story about how it is but in the end they found out they not seniors and are mad at them. a event happeds in school that gets Eriko and Kouda in trouble and need spent time on an room but someone didnt know they still in the room and they get  lock up.  the two girls starts to figth each but in the end they find a way out and become friends all 6 of them. they go in adventure were great, bad, funny and awkward moments happeds.

Animation-this anime came out 2006. the Animation looks good

Sound- the bgm sound good and go with the mood or event. what like the most is the op song Kirameku performed by yozuca and the ed song incl. performed by meg rock.

Characters- i like how each girls have they own personality. my fav will be Kouda. her speech  and funny moments makes me lol.

Overall-this anime is ok. with a lot funny and awkward moments that keep you entertain

NyanMan's avatar
Mar 17, 2022

This was a surprisingly fun watch. Exceeded my expectations which I had set pretty low seeing the rating on this site. As the title suggests this series is centered around a group of boisterous HS girls and the daily shenanigans they get themselves roped into, often due to their doltishness. And let me tell you, the comedy in this is genuinely funny and down to earth despite it's obvious "naughty" aspects in many cases. This has a lot of ecchi moments so if you don't like that sort of things you should avoid this entirely. Nevertheless I thought all the ecchi, though very pronounced, wasn't intrusive and instead went hand in hand with the rest of the narrative. I feel the characters are the strongest point of this show. Their interactions are what made it so funny in the first place. They act and talk like genuine HS girls, for a change. There were also a couple of serious/dramatic scenes which I personally didn't care about. The series would be even better without them. The art is dated, which is to be expected from an old show like this. No major complains about the sound though, I thought the voice acting was top notch... Overall defo recommended to people who enjoy comedies with wacky humor that may not necessarily have an overarching story.