Girl - Reviews

Alt title: Nihon Animator Mihonichi: Girl

Ponytaaaaaaa's avatar
Dec 23, 2015

A beautiful short video with two main parts full of meaning. "Girl" is a seguel/prequel(by opinion) to "Me!Me!Me!" I have listened to the awesome song that plays during it so many times.

The stories worth is based on how you interperet it. I think of it as a deep and meaningful story that I have my own theory on. It's for the viewer to decide. This goes for the girl in it too.

The animation is pretty great with consistent bright colors that are like fluid throughout the whle video. It's just beautiful to wattch and will keep your attention.

As I mentioned before, the song is terrific. It's by Daoko and will get stuck in your head. I've been playing it almost nonstop for the past 2 months. The first part opens up more upbeat, after a transition the song becomes very sad. The second part is soothing and slower. I'm even listening to th esong again now. I just love how pretty the song is.

"Girl" is an beautiful peice of art that should be enjoyed. Just try to focus on your meaning for it.

Tr1ppyCloud's avatar
Jan 30, 2023

WOW. This was so deep and meaningful it moved me to tears. The astronomical events of flowers blooming from some gyaru girls face was so metaphorical I was stunned. What a great song and animation studio. ME ME ME is still better :p.