Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Reviews

Alt title: Gintama: Silver Soul Arc

Dionkeykong's avatar
Apr 9, 2018

Well we can do this 2 ways.One is a short review where i can tell you how damn good this anime is and the other is me going on and on about what makes this a damn good anime and a must watch.

But then again how do you go the second path?How do you describe perfection?And how much will be lost in the translation?

The answer is....You can't!

That's why i won't bother going through everything with a fine comb.And i don't think there's a need to do so.Would you for example go into details about how great and awe inspiring is the Parthenon?It's something you feel,something that makes those chemicals in your brain go all nuts.

The only thing i will say is that this is the Gintama we all loved.Sure it's way more serious in tone,but then again there were so many moments i thought i'd die from oxygen deprivation from laughing.Gintama doesn't forget it's roots,what made it such a huge success worldwide.

And i bring that up cause i've seen people saying that this is not Gintama this not the parody,laugh to death anime we all knew..Really?Cause over the years Gintama had it's fair share of dead serious plots..So why is this an issue now?It's not like it's lost it's character..It's as sharp as ever despite the damn thing airing since the middle ages!It's evolved but the key elements are still there and still rocking with the best of them.

But then we all know all about this anime,about how we are being overwhelmed with emotion as soon as we set eyes upon it.Gintama in it's old age still carries a punch that can take out every single newcomer.It's dirty,it's funny,it's a feast for the eyes,it's politically incorrect,it takes you by the neck and smashes you into the wall.

As far as experiences go this is like no other and i don't think there will be another anime in our lifetime that will surpass it.

ladysorrow's avatar
Jul 19, 2020

I am not ashamed to say that Gintama is my most favorite anime ever. It has the biggest and most unpredictable character set starting from masochistic shinobis to warrior with an older woman kink. This anime shows interactions between ALL the characters and that makes the story become more lively. Its also probably the funniest anime ever, although, the first 20 episodes are kind of lukewarm. But later on, this is certain to become the best show you have ever seen. Also this has the best protagonist ever, lazy and sleazy, thats Sakata Gintoki for you.

illSmith's avatar
Jun 22, 2019

literally perfect,the arc sums up the whole story together in a perfect way and all the characters we've seen over the years were brought again and they all got their time to shine
in every episode there's action,drama,comedy and hearwarming moments that remind us why we love this show and why it's special,it's not about getting more and more stronger or having op power attacks it's about the good story telling and the beautiful relations between the characters and in the moment of crisis those relations are the key that saved edo

the show had a perfect run for more than 300 episodes so before watching this season i was afraid that it will be desappointing but it was anything but that

i'm sorry for doubting your genius gorilla sensei