Gintama° - Reviews

Haydoss110's avatar
Apr 6, 2016

I've never seen such a perfect show in my life before, thats how I'd describe this anime.

Gintama is a show that mixes both stupid nonsense comedy and deadset seriousness, an interesting mix. This anime can confuse you a little since theres no overall storyline or goal, the majority of the show is random stupidly funny episodes with the occasion extremely serious arc here and there that can seriously move you and make you question whether 'is this the same gintama I'm watching here?

The character bonds in Gintama are of nothing I've ever seen before, in my opinion it makes Fairy Tail's character bonds look like nothing compared to Gintama. The emotional basis cannot be compared to anything once you've seen this season.

About 300 episodes into the show it actually starts to change, you could say 'it gains a storyline' or 'the anime is actually starting to begin'. Gintama takes a serious turn in this season which changes the entire world in the show which starts to make you think 'this feels like its gonna be the last season' but when I look back I believe the show really is starting to begin.

This anime is very good, and it becomes perfect after you've watch this season. I honestly think this season is underanked even considering the fact its currently sitting on position 6 of all anime (7/4/2016).

This anime is worth the watch and becomes truely amazing if you decide to stick it out until reaching around episode 300, The show has a slow start but I highly recommend it to you.

Sofa14's avatar
Jun 2, 2019

Firstly, along with Code Geass this is my favourite anime of all time, and i can gurantee by watching this, you will be crying with laughter like someone i know whenever they watch this (Cough....me...Cough), due to the halarious facial expressions and adult humour. Some say that it only gets funny after 20-50 epiosdes in, baring in mind there is 365+, but i was bawling with laughter before this. The first epiosdes are also important in introducing the vast cast of characters, and by comparing them from the beggining and end you can see the large character change/development. Im also guessing most of you think this is just a comedy show about samurai in Edo, which tbf 75% is, but the other 25% is the serious arcs, where the fighting displayed is better than half the fighting anime out there, and can become quite emotional and is nicely weaved between the comedy arcs. On the other side you have comedy and fighting arcs mixed, for example (cant rember the name so going with) 'toilet arc' around epiosde 75 ish?. Anywho, this is also one of the anime where all the charcaters are likeable and have long running jokes attached to them. The three main, Gintoki, Kagura, and Shinpachi(Glasses), are also fantastic to see in action and never fail to make you laugh, If you do decide to watch it and the first 0-40 episodes dont intrigue you, trust me when i say it progressivly gets so much better. Finally due to the nature of the show, if your not in the middle of a fighting arc, you can leave and come back to watch it anytime as every epiosde is basically seperate with the exception of some arcs.

Enjoy the show if you do watch it, and i gurantee you will be hooked. if not you have no sense of humour...... jk jk, just means its not for you, netherless i reccomend to everyone to give it a try.

SkengLord's avatar
Oct 23, 2017

I haven't watched any other anime like this. If you want to laugh, this is the thing to watch!The story lines and the characters here will be found no where else. It has the most unpredictable story lines with the most unpredictable characters, this is what makes the Gintama so special. The parodies of other anime's, TV shows and games are great as well. Gintama is the funniest show ever and the creator is a genius.

BeheadedDog's avatar
Jun 16, 2015

An anime show that combines the sci fi and the samurai edo period.

Its based in the alternate history where during the edo period aliens called "AMANTO" invaded the earth. Though initially everyone fought back but Shouguate realising that they got no chance against them makes a treaty where the Amanto are allowed to roam freely and samurai got no right to carry sword.

Story revolves around Gintama, a warrior who fought against the amanto but now living peacefully doing odd jobs as skills of a samurai are no longer needed in this era unlike most of samurai who are resisting againt the Amanto.

Gintama and his friends do odd jobs to meet their needs but all they do is to create trouble.

It follows the episodic pattern and makes parody of other animes, mangas, political figures, popular culture and as far as making parodies of their own show.

Its a light hearted comedic show where most of the humor is from the gags though there are some serious story arcs where Gin is forced to snap back to protect his morals and friends.

The series focuses a lot on the characters and there are tons of supporting characters and each getting atleast a chance to shine.

The series is too long so many may start to drop it since there is no basic story.

Dionkeykong's avatar
May 22, 2016

Now THIS IS THE PERFECT anime.It's as if all the planets were perfectly alligned to make Gintama..It's as perfect as Sophia Vergara.Don't care what you've seen,don't care what you've ever imagined.This is now and forever the absolute king and praise the lord it exists.This is such a joy to watch and in the same time it becomes dark and twisty.

I have never and i am sure there will never be an anime as great as this.I can go on forever but if u haven't watched this i can't stress it enough..Please do,it will be a powerful experience.