Fuma no Kojirou: Yasha-hen - Reviews

RvLohengramm's avatar
Feb 25, 2021

Saint Seiya!!!, no kidding, here we are going to see a lot of Saint Seiya stuff.

Plot

The Hakuo academy is constantly being attacked by the Seishikan academy. The Seishikan is being protected by the Yasha clan. The Hakuo school ask help to Kojirou, a member of the Fuma clan. This clans are some sort of warriors or shinobi. All this rivarly between academies will develop life or death combats like Basilisk.

Fuma Clan

Kojirou: main character, he does looks like Seiya, he fights with a kendo sword.Skill Fuma Whirlind.

Ryuho: the tallest with more physical strengh.

Ryoma: a psychic warrior, he has only one eye. (face similar to Shiryu)

Kirikaze: he controls the mist and can create illusions.

Kou: he controls the feathers, he use white feathers like the nebula chain of shun to defend himself, he has blue feathers to attack, red feathers to attack, and a black feather to hit enemy heart (Aphrodite of Piscis copy).

Shoryu: twin brother of Kou, he has the same skills as Kou.

Rimpyo: a skilled sword Kendo fighter.

Kabutomaru: a sword Kendo fighter

Reira: he controls flower petals and fire.

Hakuo Academy

Ranko Yagyu: martial arts teacher of the school, she is very good with the whip. She seems similar to Saori a bit.

Himeko Hojo: the princess of the Hakuo Academy.

Seishikan Academy

Musashi Asuka: Ikki of Fenix or similar to it, is main antagonist, he is a psychic warrior, and his main skill is the Fire Dragon (like Shiryu, even the sound of the dragon is equal to the sound of the dragon of Saint Shiryu).

Erina Asuka: younger sister of Musashi. She is sick, and is in the hospital.

Yasha Clan

Kosuke Mibu: ice attack!!,is the first skill used, I felt like what?, no kidding , his attack is very similar to Hyoga diamond dust.

Princess Yasha: the main leader of the Yasha clan

The 8 Yasha Shogun

Raiden: master of thunder. (cof cof mortal combat, cof cof)

Anki: he is blind, psychic and illusions attacks don´t work on him.

Yosui: he use sharp chains as weapons.

Shiranui: he controls fire.

Shien: he also controls fire.

Kurojishi: he is a gigant, of 3 man tall, and 1 man wide, horrible design.

Byakko: he is fast, he has the skill to hide, is a kendo sword fighter. He can disguise as other persons.

Kagero: he is a kendo sword fighter.

Chapters Score

Chapter 1: The wind clan, Kojiro appears. Score 3/5

Worst episode, because in this episode, bases are bad builded, no skills used, so we think everything will be normal, and normal kendo figthing. And what is worst, they are going to a life or death battle for a very cheap reason, academy rivalry, in the next episodes when they fight till death with those super power skills, you literally forgot why all this started. Ranko Yagyu recruits Kojirou to defend her school, and the first serious combat starts Kojirou Vs Kosuke Mibu.

Chapter 2: Thunders of Wood. The Sword of Hao Hiryu. Score 3/5

Kojirou vs Kosuke continue...

Do you think you can beat me using the same techniche twice? Yup Saint Seiya cliche.

Then Musashi Asuka enters, a bit of this a bit of that. And the rest goes to chapter 3.

Chapter 3: Meeting in the Flames. The 8 Shogun of Yasha clan. Score 5/5

So the 8 Shogun of Yasha clan appears, and also some of the Fuma clan members. In this chapter Ko will fight against members of the Yasha clan. Now we can see what was this about, a Basilisk recipe, but this is older than that.

Chapter 4: Illusion in the mountain. Assassin in the mist. Score 5/5

Here we will see Kirikaze vs Yasha members.

"All your senses will be attacked by the storm bolts". more Saint Seiya stuff, null the senses...

Chapter 5: Rage dance. The mortal mirrow of Fuma. Score 5/5

No more mouse and cat games, the remaining shinobi / warrior/ what ever, will meet at one place to have 1v1 battles till end. In this chapter we will see Ryoma giving his best. Musashi vs Ryoma, psychic vs psychic.

Chapter 6: The snowing stops. The voice that is calling the warrior. Score 3.5/5

Lets add more stuff, saint swords, so we will see the Furinkanzan and the Ongonken, very, very overpowered swords, and this really sinks the plot. Because I have "this sword", I am all powerfull.

"The power of a saint sword is similar to the power of God" Kojirou of clan Fuma.

And now we can see the final expected battle, Ikki vs Seiya, sorry I mean Musashi vs Kojirou.

The ending is very good.

Music and sound

Intro is slow melodic rock with male singer. Ending is fast rock with male singer. Background battles tends to be slow instrumental rock. Chapters tittles are anounced with trumpet and drum. It has the taste of Saint Seiya format.

Is ok, the dragon skill was similar to Saint seiya. The gigant design was crap. Some faces similar to Saint Seiya characters.

And for some reason there is an aura burning like cosmo, even if they didn`t give a name to it, more Saint Seiya.

Critic

Many things feels like copied or very similar to other sagas.

The first chapter wich explains the reason of conflict is bad and weak. Also is no good to relate this story with modern schools, like really, you are going to kill a school student? thats a crime!

There were many characters we couldn´t even learn their skills, and they got killed in one hit, and 2 characters didn`t fight.

Some battles are cool,some ideas were good like the twin brothers, that was a good execution. Kirikaze also had a good spin.

"I am going to cut your head", with a wooden sword?, they are figthing till death, katanas would fit better for that? just saying.

A couple of good points are all characters are not good, no crying no drama, no poetic dialogues like "We the saints of Athena are protected by the heat of our feelings" Hyoga in scorpion house.

It deserves the 3/5 for the effort, it worth to be watched,But the overall plot feels rushed.

5.5/10 story