Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: 4-Koma Theater - Reviews

FullmetalDragon's avatar
Jan 3, 2016

For fans of the manga, this is basically the extras at the end, just animated. Its randomness, its hilarity and its truly amazing drawings are all very similar. I would still say I prefer the ones in the manga, but then again, I consider those perfection and these just a bit below - so pretty good then.

For those who haven't read the manga: First of all - WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! READ THE MANGA!

In essence, these are short skits that mock/improve upon events that happened in the anime by making them utterly ridiculous, or take a concept from it and make it completely random and hilarious. Basically, they are awesome.

If you love FMA, I cannot recommend these enough. Although, actually watch it before you watch these. Most of these are inside jokes, and those that aren't are a hundred times funnier when you've seen the anime.

Enjoy!

trashcan007's avatar
Dec 11, 2023

I never really got into this silly 2D art style of anime. The Gag genre is also usually kind of annoying to me.

However, I loved Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and I foolishly assumed that I would be able to enjoy this “Koma theater” special- despite it being of the style and genre that I typically avoid.

Surprise surprise, this turned out to be “hot garbage.” Corny, over-the-top, childish, and somehow boring.

A 1/10 overall. One of the worst comedy animes I’ve seen. It almost chips at the reputation of the creators.