Fruits Basket the Final - Reviews

oliviamadelyne's avatar
Jun 10, 2021

I've watched my fair share of anime, including the original Fruits Basket, and if I could rate this season more stars, I would.

The character development is fanominal, giving us a glimps into their pasts, emotions, traumas, and true intentions. This introspection is helpful to realizing that no one is truly a villain, their wrongful actions are just driven through their own pain and their attempt to deal with internal struggles (which I believe is useful to realize even in daily life, outside of the show).

This season comes full circle, tying off any loose ends for each character/sub-plot that was presented throughout the show as a whole. The animation style is quality and beautifully done, and the sound/voice acting truly drives home the emotions that these characters are feeling.

Overall, if you're wondering whether or not to watch this season, I highly reccomend you do! In my opinion, it is the best season of the three. So, happy watching! (ps. be prepared to cry)

kai24's avatar
Jun 4, 2021

I AM CRYING WHILE TYPING THIS OMG. I AM SO IN LOVE WITH THIS SHOUJO EVER SINCE 2001 AND THEN THE REMAKE :((( I CANNOT GET OVER THAT IT IS ABOUT TO END... BUT SEASON 3 IS NOT ENOUGH FOR MEEEEEE! THERE ARE DETAILS FROM MANGA THAT WAS RUSHED OR WAS NOT INCLUDED IN THE ANIMATION!! I WANT THEM TO ANIMATE IT ALL! EVERYTHING!! AND JUST CRY MY HEARTS OUT :((((( I LOVE IT HUHUHUHU 1000X

XxHuaChengxX's avatar
May 18, 2021

The first few episodes are so depressing.....with the opening.....even more depressing......hopes the mood lightens up soon.....gosh this anime just makes me look forward to what's next.....

9laila9's avatar
Jun 1, 2021

I havent read the manga so this is a manga free review :P

This season (up to episode 9) has been a rollercoaster of emotions. It makes you feel awful for characters you don't want to feel bad for and has scenes that make you cry. ive read another review in which they have skipped a scene but hopefully they do add it eventually in the next episodes.

the animation and sound has been amazing this season and the producers deserve so much praise! beautiful story and im so happy i get to witness it <3

definitely going to be empty when it finishes.

AnimePixel's avatar
Jun 8, 2021

Should I be embarrassed that I cried in the first episode?

Does... Does anyone also think that the opening song is saying "Goodbye"?

Everything I ever wanted happening, happened in this season. Everyone got the ending they deserved... except Momij ;(