Fruits Basket the Final Season - Reviews

Alt title: Fruits Basket the Final

phantomKID13's avatar
Jun 29, 2021

So i suddenly saw this anime and decided to watch it and hands down fell in love with it i binged the 1 and 2 season in a few days and was on season 3 and it turned out to be the finale season . not gonna lie i did'nt want it to end yet .

The story was great and has a lot of meaning to it , it personally changed me as a person . it has great values and teaches you a lot how people can change for the better .

The characters were amazing i loved all of them except at some point of times i felt like punching some in the face LOL . I loved the character developments and changes it was really nice to see them grwo into adults and mature HUMAN beings .

OVERALL i totally recommend this anime to anyone into romance or wants to watch a good anime .

no getting to the deets

i loved how the show started , the backstory was also really good . it was nice to see the last season was dedicated to each and every character . the ending was exceptional and yesss i cried a lot for this anime

SPOILER AHEAD

Kyo my boy finally got together with Tohru and then yuki and macchi ahhh love is in the air everyone of them is happy . all the pictures at then end near the clay sculptures were sooo adorable  ahhh my heart . wanted to see more of the future though im very satisfied with the end .

DO WATCH IT

h

PeachOnCan's avatar
Jun 30, 2021

I just want to say what an amazing piece of art that Natsuki Takaya, TMS Entertainment, and 8 Pan anime have created together.

As a quick disclaimer for this review: I'm not only talking about the final season but the series as a whole, now that it is finished. This review doesn't contain any spoilers, other than character names, but it does require that you at least understand what the story is about, or have watched/read some of it.

The story is a good mix of some cliche tropes along with a great deal of originality. It manages to make a good balance between silly funny moments and the heavier scenes that bring a tear to the eye. the progression is easy to follow and goes at a reasonable pace. It does a very good job of creating character progression, that fits with the storyline. There is always something keeping the plot interesting barely at reach, so the viewer will be eager to continue watching. As a person who read the manga before the anime reboot was released, they did an amazing job at still filling me with anticipation for the next episodes, even though I technically knew what would happen.

The animation is stunning! This level of quality was such a treat when the only other comparison was the 2001 version. It feels almost as if you are watching an anime movie. They do a mix of beautiful cinematic shots and also some derpy drawings, to compliment the humor in the anime. The ability that these animators have to make facial expressions so full of emotion is amazing, I applaud you.

The sound in the anime is great, no complaints there. The openings and endings are so beautiful, especially for seasons 2 and 3. The voice actors (for the Japanese version) do a wonderful job at conveying the emotions of the characters, and the voices fit each character so well, nothing really sounds off.

The Characters are each so well written. Some are obviously given more attention than others, and the show takes a turn for introducing each character and creating their character development, so those of the characters who have minor roles are sometimes forgotten and not really mentioned much in the later seasons and or episodes. This is an understandable decision, and they still do well in progressing the character development for the characters that are most important to the story. As a manga reader, there is one person in particular, that I felt was a bit too overlooked. That character is Katsuya, Tohru's father. In the Manga, there were a few chapters dedicated to the backstory of Katsuya and Kyoko, while in the anime they give only a brief summary, like when Kyo talks to Tohru's grandfather. I believe it was a creative choice that fit the anime and had I not read the manga beforehand, I would not have missed seeing it as it isn't really necessary or a central plot point. If you want to know more details about some of the characters' backstories, I recommend reading the manga. There are some things that the anime leaves out, nothing major of course. The anime does do a nice job of including a lot, but they can't show everything obviously.

Overall this anime is probably my favorite of all time. People have very different tastes, so this won't be for everyone, but I recommend this to anyone who likes Shoujo, slice of life, or an anime that has both sweet, funny, and deep moments.

To the creators, thank you for making this anime, I feel absolutely blessed, and to you, thank you for reading my review. I hope you found it helpful!

9.5/10 characters
ktcandycorn's avatar
Jun 29, 2021

where to begin. fruits basket has always been one of my favorite animes. and i am so so so sad to see it go (like most of the fandom). i don't cry alot. but i cried at the end of this show. very satisfying. however i do wish this show included a little more between kyo and tohru. i feel like they focused so much on all these other relationships that contibuted to the overall plot and satisfaction of viewers, that they didn't have the ability to really show much of the kyo and tohru relationship this season. many people may disagree and thats alright, i just wish i saw more. i love there relationship and i feel if they made this season longer they could have included more heartwarming scense between the couple. well. can't do anything about it now. i will still recommend this show to anyone because it will forever be one of the best romance animes ive ever watched.

sorry for all of the spelling and grammatical errors. not my specialty (i think i spelled that wrong :|) send me a message on my page if you want to talk!

ymirfritzz's avatar
Jun 29, 2021

honestly this show was amazing in everyway. the character development was great, the ending really embodied everything i wanted (and hopefully others too). this show gave so much to me and honestly when i first started watching this show i was not ready for the emotional rollercoster that was Fruits Basket. it is trully sad saying good bye to this amazing show and i will miss it soo much. If you want more fruits basket read Fruits Basket Another, manag series staring their kids. -spoilers- (imma rant about the show a little)

with kyo and tohru togehter it really gave me the happiness and peace of mind that they are together and both free from their past and yet they accept each others past, present, and future self.  yuki and machi, yuki finally found someone that accepts him and machi finding someone that understands her in almost everyway.  having akito grow and shigure confess to her.  rin and hatsuharu can be together with out consequences from the main family.  kisa and hiro can now grow their friendship and later maybe into something more, hiro can now be with his family and not have to worry about transforming.  kureno and arisa can be happy and kureno can finally live away from akito and the main house. mayuko and hatori is something that i was really looking forward to, and now hatori is finally able to love someone again after everything with cana. mine and ayame are so cute and i was sooo happy to see them together. mitsuri and ritsu are a couple i didnt know i wanted to see but now that i have its the cutest thing ever and im so happy for them. hanajima is a little confussing with me because i cant tell if she is dating kazuma or not but it lead to a funny ending. the only thing im worried about is kagura, we didnt get much on her and i hope shell be ok because kyo is now gone. also i was wondering what happened to ren sohma, because now that akitos better and everyone is free im not sure what shes going to do. the ending credits was awesome because of the amount of things that were now on the mantal. but it hurt not to hear the little rigs at the end when they would say the title of the episode.

DestinyJ's avatar
Jun 29, 2021

Handsdown one of the best animals I have ever watched in the 17 years of me living the plot is amazing all of the character development is incredible the animation is incredible and just a storyline in general is amazing I thought it would've been like a normal romance anime but I am so happy it was not I had such a enjoyable time watching fruits basket yes at times it was very stressful especially in season three was extremely stressful for me to watch without Crying.

However it was such a good anime I definitely recommend it to everybody and the two main couples they have such a good development in their relationships it's mind blowing