Food Wars! The Fourth Plate - Reviews

Alt title: Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara

killermouze's avatar
Nov 30, 2019

I'm actually disappointed in where this show has gone this season. It has become too formulic and the fun overdramatizing of food and cooking that was fun the first few seasons has overstayed its welcome. The long, drawn out "food battles" have completely replaced any actual resemblence of plot or interesting interaction between characters. This issue began towards the end of last season, and has only gotten worse.

I was completely bored by Fourth Plate, episode 3, and powered through it only for the sake of the first two seasons. What a waste of a good anime. If I was a more cynical person (which I am), it appears to me that the writers didn't quite know where to go with it and decided to just milk a little more money out of the series before it gets canceled.

It really pains me to give this a 4/10. =(

Eiraza's avatar
Aug 17, 2020

Food Wars the Fourth Plate is basically the same thing we've encountered in the previous episodes, but these episodes span over the battles with the Elite Ten.

Really good recipies and entertaining battles.

Background music could use a little work though, not sure what the shrieking noise when people are cooking is suppose to accomplish.

Pretty sub par in comparison to the other seasons, but the last episode was a really nice wrap up and felt like it could have concluded the whole show.

Overall still worth the watch if you enjoy Food Wars, but if you're pretty tired of what the first three seasons did, this one isn't going to add anything new for you, just cool food to look at.

Jessiohhh's avatar
Mar 31, 2020

Absolutely love this anime. The culinary tips and tricks are sound. The similes to describe the food are hilarious. The characters are endearing. I have nothing bad to say about this show.

Archert's avatar
Mar 6, 2021

Valoraré el conjunto de todo el arco que nos ha llevado hasta este cierre de temporada.

Shokugeki se ha convertido en una gallina de los huevos de oro y sin duda por meritos propios, siempre elogiaré la capacidad de como con un argumento tan "pobre" han conseguido algo tan profundo, distinguido y entretenido. Su animación es puntera, la musica aparece en los momentos claves y los personajes son maravillosos. Podriamos entrar en temas de que si el "ecchi" empaña o no la serie pero es absurdo pues ese ecchi forma parte de ella, no esta metido con calzador ni es un elemento más, Shokugeki es ecchi y si no te gusta ese genero este anime no es para ti.

Puede gustarte o no este anime pero es indiscutible que no es como ningun otro, cualquiera que diga "el anime ese de cocina" sabemos a que anime se refiere, y eso no lo consigue casi ninguna serie.

Por su originalidad, un cierre de arco más que decente, el mantener la calidad sin flaquear en cada una de sus temporadas y todo lo mencionado más arriba, este anime es sin duda uno de los mejores de la decada.

(La nota general aumenta debido a su entretenimiento)

9.6/10 story
9.2/10 animation
9.8/10 characters
9.8/10 overall
bekam's avatar
Jul 15, 2022

author said Souma and Erina can't be in a relationship in the end because he doesn't feel like their relationship are developed enough. And that is already in several years time skip. so author jusut ruined entire series thanks author