First Love Monster - Reviews

Alt title: Hatsukoi Monster

duchessliz's avatar
Sep 13, 2016

For those of you who are like me and take one read of the summary and go 'hell yeah, this sh*t is bound to be hilarious'

... DON'T.

Just... seriously, don't even go there! -_-'

I don't even know where to begin with what's wrong with this anime! I could start with the juvenile humor... you know, poop jokes.

And no, I'm not kidding...

The amount of poop jokes in this anime is just too damn high! -_-" Plus, there are also a lot of jokes about body parts (and if you're looking at your lower regions you're on the right track). (⊃﹏⊂)

The plot circles around a high school girl named Kaho from an upper class family who moves away from her family into a boarding house where she is saved by a really hot guy (Kanade) who just so happens to be a TEN year old! A 5th grader! Which, quite frankly, sounds like the set up of a really bad joke!

The girl is even given an out and instead of taking it she continues dating him! (┛ಠДಠ)┛彡┻━┻

It's not even that there aren't other cute single guys her age in the house ... because there are! One, who admittedly, is a complete a$$hole, but the other is perfectly fine and yet ... she goes for the friggin' ten year old! o͡͡͡͡͡͡╮(。>口<。)╭o͡͡͡͡͡͡ ᵑ৹!

While the animation is actually quite good, and the OST is unremarkable but passable, the VA's chosen for their roles are actually spectacular (Kanade's VA is my favorite... which is just ... unfortunate T^T).

However, the horrendous plot and horrible cast of characters are regrettably highlighted. Very few of the characters are actually likable (Kaz and Kouta are the only two that I actually like. And that's just sad...).

I can't even begin to tell you why I continued to watch this horrible piece of garbage but ... once I hit the halfway point I just told myself I was going to see it through to the end. I think Kouta is the main reason I continued watching this. He's the guy I was rooting for from episode one to steal Kaho from the ten year old Kanade.

...but, of course, sometimes we don't get what we wish for.

If you are secretly a ten year old on the inside (or even in reality) then this anime is perfect for you.

If you think poop, fart, and lower body jokes are funny, then look no farther as this is the perfect form of entertainment for you.

If you are a sane person and wish to retain your sanity then ... RUUUUUNNN!!!

Run away fast and run away far and do not look back! Do NOT! Don't say I didn't warn you...

aznlilpeace's avatar
Jul 30, 2016

you know one of those movies that are SO SO STUPID that the SOLE reason people watch it is because of how stupid it is? this is one of it. ITS SO CRINGE AND DUMB but it's surprisingly addicting lol i really can't stop. these 5th grader kids that look like high school or even college students. THE GIRL PISSES ME OFF FOR SURE. LIKE . GIRL I KNOW YOU LOOK 5 BUT YOU ARE A 10TH GRADER. #pedo #cougar. Surprisingly entertaining though. MUST WATCH WITH FRIENDS.

badapplecosplay's avatar
Oct 29, 2016

This anime was a hot mess...but I couldn't stop watching it.

I agree with those above there are soo many social and morale things wrong here, but at moments it is funny. Be wary of getting sucked in!

Apparently I can't give 0 scores or otherwise I would have on story/sharacters.

Keta's avatar
Jul 10, 2016

Though placing a student with the appearance of a teenager in 5th grade is extremely odd, it does make for a unique story. However, the behavior of Kanade and his two high school-looking friends is extremely immature, acting more like kindergarteners than 5th graders. Plus, the constant repetition of a certain word that shall remain nameless was quite annoying. Kazou, an actual 5th grader, did not reveal any signs of being remotely as ridiculous as Kanade and his friends, which distorted the anime even more. As for the main female character, Kaho, all I can say is that she has a typical and overused personality that I find tiresome to see again and again.

minethemind's avatar
Oct 4, 2016

Everyone talks sh*t about this anime but i think it was cute! Yeah, the story is weird but its funny and cute! Watch an episode and decide for yourself.