Fate/Grand Order Final Singularity: Grand Temple of Time - Solomon - Reviews

Alt title: Fate Grand Order - Final Singularity - The Grand Temple of Time Solomon

kyozaii's avatar
Mar 11, 2022

I haven't played the final singularity in the game yet, so I can't say how faithful this was to the original, but the final fight was very disappointing, considering this is the last of the singularities, I expected a high stake finale but it felt very underwhelming. I have to say, Babylonia (anime adaptation) was far more exciting with its final fight...

There were a lot of servants being summoned and quite frankly they hardly did anything except for a selected few, who by the way wasn't even trying lmao. Some of them showed up, stood there, and just left... *cough cough* Gilgamesh (I was hoping he'd pull out EA but mans did absolutely nothing, I took that personally) (jk)

I hoped for the original Solomon to go all out but he did nothing special and I also felt his story was lacking... It would’ve been nice to get a more in-depth look at his past/character and what kind of person/ruler he was. Solomon, in many media retellings, was always depicted as a wise, powerful, and beloved king, and Fate media also described him as such, but in the flashback, it seemed the other way around...

I don't even want to talk about Fujimaru and his last-minute power up... not quite sure where that sudden burst of insane power came from, so I'll pretend it makes sense.

The animation, given it was done by CloverWorks, felt underwhelming. It wasn't bad, just average.

Overall, I think this film could've been paced and executed better, however, it's not a bad ending for the story.

Apocrypha1's avatar
Feb 24, 2022

As usual, Type/Moon has brought out a beautiful anime for us to watch. Ritsuka and Mash are amazing in the last battle with amazing fight scenes and the characters from the previous Fate series are magnificent to watch as they battle the bad guys. I absolutely loved to see my favourite Heroic Spirits on the frontlines and the ending was perfect. My hat off to the animators and cast. Totally recommend this to everyone.