Fairy Tail: Final Season

Add review
LaxusKunUwU's avatar
Jan 12, 2020

I like the series a lot throughout it though it was just one event after the other.

8.9/10 story
birdlandmemories's avatar
Dec 30, 2019

Fairy Tail's final season left me disappointed. I especially enjoyed Fairy Tail Zero, and the Tataros arc while full of plot armor was still decently enjoyable. This season had its moments, but ultimately I didn't enjoy it as those 2. It also left me confused, as there are many plot points that don't add up, or are just thrown out there to either make the season more interesting, or keep the viewers interested without basis.

Story: The beginning of the final season is essentially the Avatar Arc, and at first they look like the main villains of the season, but they turn out to be incredibly weak and just fodder. You could skip those episodes and miss absolutely nothing. Ultimately, the main villains are the Spriggan 12, who act as Zeref's personal army. They all have insanely powerful abilities, and apparently are apart of the Alvarez Empire, which is extremely wealthy and powerful (but for some reason we don't hear anything about them previously. You'd think such a powerful empire would at least have been known well earlier in the series). They basically battle against Ishgar in addition to millions of other soliders from the Alvarez Empire (this all happens because Zeref is bored, I guess and wants Mavis. Great reasoning there by the smartest main character in the series). Many other guilds join in helping Fairy Tail, notable ones include Sabertooth and Mermaid Heal.

Animation: The animation is solid. Character designs are pretty good. I like Ajeel's design, and God Serena's is interesting. Not much to complain about here.

Sound: I've never been crazy about the Fairy Tail soundtrack throughout the series, but it does fit the story and the theme of the guild. So while I may not be a huge fan of it, it does fit the series pretty well.

Characters: If you're interested in the final series, chances are you probably already know who the main characters are, what their personalities are, and what there relations are with other characrers. So I'll use this section to talk about the Spriggan 12. I'm not a fan of them. Many of them have either have bland and forgettable personalities (outside of the eccentric God Serena, though we barely see any of his fights and Wall Eehto), or are extremely overpowered and use their abilities poorly (Jacob and Brandish are notable in this). Irene and August have the most overpowered abilities, and have their fights end due to plot armor. This whole series was poorly written.

Overall: This season disappointed me a ton. Too many things don't make sense (how does Erza struggle to defeat Ajeel who's one of the weaker Spriggan 12 members then suddenly punch a meteor controlled by Irene) and the new villains are not interesting and lack character development. It feels like this season was rushed. I understand the anime tried to stay consistent with the manga (which I read and also didn't like in terms of the final season), but for such a popular anime to close out this way, especially when some seasons were great, it's disappointing.

MilkyxWaffl3s's avatar
Dec 15, 2019

Al-though I am still watching FairyTail. This anime is great way to show friendship and family. The characters backstories are unique in they're own way. The genres is Comedy and Adventure fiction, Fanasty, so this anime is perfect if you enjoy those kind of topics or genres. The Final Season AKA this one, takes place in X792. I will have to admit, this anime is really interesting and funny. Others may say there isn't enough action in this anime or it is boring. I will have to strongly disagree. This anime may not have enough 'action' but not all anime needs action or drama. Fairy Tail is probably one of the chill-er anime in my opinion. But I have to warn you about the amount of fan-service or NSFW in the anime, there isn't too much but there is some parts and scenes where there is. Now to begin. The story follows and is narrated by the main character Lucy Heartfilia and is mostly about her. The other but main narrator is Robert Magruder. Some information I can say that isn't spoiling too much of the anime is that; The guild parts due to some reasons that were told in Season 1. One of the reasons being the Makarov believing he is too old to manage or take care of the guild; FairyTail.

9.7/10 story
9.9/10 animation
9.6/10 sound
bobhikes's avatar
Oct 20, 2019

Finnally got to the last episode and I was disappointed but expected to be.  This whole season they just did more of the same.  They never developed the main characters anymore but instead expanded the characters that we didn't care about.  It would have been nice to see Lucy and Natsu date each other but no some of the minor characters date and even have a kid.  How about Gray confessing his love for Julia but no we get Gajeel and Levy.  What about some love interest for Erza.  How about an actual loss of a major character and the fallout from it.  Not they'll be back soon, nobody dies.  Spolier for the ending.  I really didn't care about the final couple they brought together in the last episode.  I would have like it better if they left the ending the two all ready had.  What I would of like in the last episode or last few episodes is the main characters, 1 year later, 5 years later and maybe 10 years later.  All that time spent and a lackluster ending with nothing settled infuriating.

7.5/10 animation
7.5/10 sound
MissShello's avatar
Aug 21, 2019

The show was good untile after the Tower of Heaven arc. You can notice that the author did't had any plans after that. After that the show got downhill. Hiro is an author who likes to put his characther before the story line and despite it being about mages and wizards everything is almost done with magical punching the opponent. The main characthers are Lucy who is like okay but, nothing really special about it. Then Natsu who is your basicly Goku/Naruto etc etc who wins every fight with the power of MYLP I mean friendship despite barely working together with any of his friends and just want to fight them the whole time. Gray fanservice guy and Erza fanservice delux. The storyline overal is very predictable and none of the side characthers get any good developmment because well Natsu is the main charactherr and has to be shown as the main hero. Yaw... But, if you like fanservice with allot of uneceary stuff then this is the right anime for you. Grab on to FT where every girl get harashed and grabbed by the boobs. Uneceary close up shots and way to revealing outfits.