Fairy Tail: Final Season

Add review
bobhikes's avatar
Oct 20, 2019

Finnally got to the last episode and I was disappointed but expected to be.  This whole season they just did more of the same.  They never developed the main characters anymore but instead expanded the characters that we didn't care about.  It would have been nice to see Lucy and Natsu date each other but no some of the minor characters date and even have a kid.  How about Gray confessing his love for Julia but no we get Gajeel and Levy.  What about some love interest for Erza.  How about an actual loss of a major character and the fallout from it.  Not they'll be back soon, nobody dies.  Spolier for the ending.  I really didn't care about the final couple they brought together in the last episode.  I would have like it better if they left the ending the two all ready had.  What I would of like in the last episode or last few episodes is the main characters, 1 year later, 5 years later and maybe 10 years later.  All that time spent and a lackluster ending with nothing settled infuriating.

7.5/10 animation
7.5/10 sound
MissShello's avatar
Aug 21, 2019

The show was good untile after the Tower of Heaven arc. You can notice that the author did't had any plans after that. After that the show got downhill. Hiro is an author who likes to put his characther before the story line and despite it being about mages and wizards everything is almost done with magical punching the opponent. The main characthers are Lucy who is like okay but, nothing really special about it. Then Natsu who is your basicly Goku/Naruto etc etc who wins every fight with the power of MYLP I mean friendship despite barely working together with any of his friends and just want to fight them the whole time. Gray fanservice guy and Erza fanservice delux. The storyline overal is very predictable and none of the side characthers get any good developmment because well Natsu is the main charactherr and has to be shown as the main hero. Yaw... But, if you like fanservice with allot of uneceary stuff then this is the right anime for you. Grab on to FT where every girl get harashed and grabbed by the boobs. Uneceary close up shots and way to revealing outfits.

Fluffs's avatar
Sep 19, 2019

Final season of Fairy Tail delivers a satisfying conclusion to the series.

Story picks up where it left off - we find out who E.N.D. is, Fairy Tail has been disbanded but Lucy and Natsu are trying to bring the crew back together.

First arc is a short one - we find out what Gray and Juvia have been up to, main characters get to show off their improved powers and there are some heartfelt reunions. Then, we get introduced to the "main bad guy" - Spriggan, emperor of the neighbouring empire who is about to invade Fiore. He has a group of 12 most powerful wizards with him and of course, Fairy Tail must beat them while also fighting Acnologia. Mavis and other guilds are there to help, fights are decent, there's a lot of feels and a lot of big reveals that you will greatly enjoy if you like this series.

Animation in shounen series is usually not that great, and Fairy Tail s3 is not an exception. There are a lot of stills, in quite a few scenes background characters are just silhouettes and dragon movements are pretty bad.

Voice acting is great as always, same cast as the previous seasons and the OST is a little different, but still contains that well known Fairy Tail theme.

There are no fillers, fights aren't drawn out, story progresses at a decent pace (as I'm writing this 49 out of 51 episodes have aired). If you haven't seen it I highly suggest binge watching it - 50 episodes isn't a lot and I believe you'll enjoy it even more than if you had followed it week to week.