Fairy Tail: Final Season - Reviews

MissShello's avatar
Aug 21, 2019

The show was good untile after the Tower of Heaven arc. You can notice that the author did't had any plans after that. After that the show got downhill. Hiro is an author who likes to put his characther before the story line and despite it being about mages and wizards everything is almost done with magical punching the opponent. The main characthers are Lucy who is like okay but, nothing really special about it. Then Natsu who is your basicly Goku/Naruto etc etc who wins every fight with the power of MYLP I mean friendship despite barely working together with any of his friends and just want to fight them the whole time. Gray fanservice guy and Erza fanservice delux. The storyline overal is very predictable and none of the side characthers get any good developmment because well Natsu is the main charactherr and has to be shown as the main hero. Yaw... But, if you like fanservice with allot of uneceary stuff then this is the right anime for you. Grab on to FT where every girl get harashed and grabbed by the boobs. Uneceary close up shots and way to revealing outfits.

Banking's avatar
Jul 17, 2021

the fanservice is really annoying in his anime, it should have the ecchi tag, my god every time lucy or any "busty" character is on screen they're ALWAYS on revealing clothing and somehow the story has to have lucy somehow lose her clothes or somehow get ripped or stolen by someone or the enemy. its really annoying how fanservice especially lucy is constantly shoved in your face with as much revealing as possible without being rated R+18

it might as well be soft core, they show as much skin as possible without revealing any "major parts" and only a string of line censoring, and every girl has the jiggle physics with the camera zoomed in like a pervert focusing the parts. and beach episodes and mostly girls in their underwear or in bikinis fighting, if they are not wearing it, its guaranted that you will see them atleast once in a bikini, even if they don't come across as the type.

i bet half the cast doesnt even wear underwear they just go full commando for the viewers.

i dont mind fanservice bit and there if its on the background but ive never seen a shonen or show be this much fanservice without being a fanservice anime focused. its so soft core that it feels its in the wrong genre.

i didnt start to watch this show with the intention of being fanservice focus. but years went by and story became 2nd.

its a cheap tactic to draw viewers and illusion of having a plot.

oh and the story sucks go figure.

and the characters, potential but wasted for plot armor and asspulls and stayed 1 dimensional.

man this series fell far down, is dissaponting how cheap it got. and the end was horribly cheap.

and the artstyle of any anime looking related to this somehow always has to have a busty blonde shoved in your face without being fully naked and just having a string of censure line cause you dont want it to be R18+

no offense to any blondes but i dont like blondes looks wise, it just specifially irked me how much it was being forced down my throat, while being cliche with the "sexy" blonde type.

animation is good no shade thrown at the animators (mostly), is the manga at fault. god this annoyed me

birdlandmemories's avatar
Dec 30, 2019

Fairy Tail's final season left me disappointed. I especially enjoyed Fairy Tail Zero, and the Tataros arc while full of plot armor was still decently enjoyable. This season had its moments, but ultimately I didn't enjoy it as those 2. It also left me confused, as there are many plot points that don't add up, or are just thrown out there to either make the season more interesting, or keep the viewers interested without basis.

Story: The beginning of the final season is essentially the Avatar Arc, and at first they look like the main villains of the season, but they turn out to be incredibly weak and just fodder. You could skip those episodes and miss absolutely nothing. Ultimately, the main villains are the Spriggan 12, who act as Zeref's personal army. They all have insanely powerful abilities, and apparently are apart of the Alvarez Empire, which is extremely wealthy and powerful (but for some reason we don't hear anything about them previously. You'd think such a powerful empire would at least have been known well earlier in the series). They basically battle against Ishgar in addition to millions of other soliders from the Alvarez Empire (this all happens because Zeref is bored, I guess and wants Mavis. Great reasoning there by the smartest main character in the series). Many other guilds join in helping Fairy Tail, notable ones include Sabertooth and Mermaid Heal.

Animation: The animation is solid. Character designs are pretty good. I like Ajeel's design, and God Serena's is interesting. Not much to complain about here.

Sound: I've never been crazy about the Fairy Tail soundtrack throughout the series, but it does fit the story and the theme of the guild. So while I may not be a huge fan of it, it does fit the series pretty well.

Characters: If you're interested in the final series, chances are you probably already know who the main characters are, what their personalities are, and what there relations are with other characrers. So I'll use this section to talk about the Spriggan 12. I'm not a fan of them. Many of them have either have bland and forgettable personalities (outside of the eccentric God Serena, though we barely see any of his fights and Wall Eehto), or are extremely overpowered and use their abilities poorly (Jacob and Brandish are notable in this). Irene and August have the most overpowered abilities, and have their fights end due to plot armor. This whole series was poorly written.

Overall: This season disappointed me a ton. Too many things don't make sense (how does Erza struggle to defeat Ajeel who's one of the weaker Spriggan 12 members then suddenly punch a meteor controlled by Irene) and the new villains are not interesting and lack character development. It feels like this season was rushed. I understand the anime tried to stay consistent with the manga (which I read and also didn't like in terms of the final season), but for such a popular anime to close out this way, especially when some seasons were great, it's disappointing.

ManLikeJogee's avatar
Sep 22, 2020

This final season had massive potential. MASSIVE. Everything was just rushed, the story, the fighting scenes, there was a few backstory scenes, dialogue scenes that gave me goosebumps but other than that, most fight scenes didnt have that much emotion cause the outcome was pretty clear. If they had worked on this season and the past few as much as they worked on the first season, this anime could have been one of the greats alongside naruto. one piece etc The antagagonists were written to be these strong , scary villians and well.. you know the rest.

As you can see from my ratings, the animation was perfect and the sound, many different characters with good stories behind them from the other seasons but it all had to be ruined in the last season with the horrible writing.

Something good I can say is the last 2 episodes were emotional , as even though the story was bad this last season, watching from the start of fairy tail to the end and then seeing the anime come to an end and how everyone is enjoying their life after all the adventures they have been through, it does bring back all the feels we have felt while watching Fairy Tail through all these years.

Teacup567's avatar
Apr 14, 2020

I'm honestly disappointed, this was an okay ending but it could've been so much better I've gone through the whole series praising it because I just thought it was so good but now I'm rethinking all of that, like the episodes I've admired so greatly have lead up to this? It wasnt the worst ending ever it could've been worse but it just could've been so much more. And as I sit here I realize that this is the last. I can watch all the ovas, movies, and episodes all again, but I will never get anything more out of that I already have. I just wish I couldve gotten the satisfaction, the closure that I needed from this, what was supposed to end off a great series. After zeref was defeated I felt a feeling of almost emptiness, like there wasnt anything left, and I guess I was right. The very last episode is what really saddened me, not because it was the last, but because I never got what I truly wanted. The fact that you just KNEW that natsu was going to tell Lucy that he loved her but he completely ignored that and told her they were going on a quest and that to me was so stupid, what's the point?? Why couldn't they have just given us what we wanted, it was the last episode anyways they could've just left off on a happy note. Also what bothers me more is the other relationships, the fact that gray and juvia were still acting like that even a year later towards eachother? That's just so unrealistic like they would atleast get closer to eachother maybe even date I would think. Another thing that was unrealistic was the fact that nobody dies in the battle, the huge battle with over a million soldiers and 13 supposedly unbeatable opponents. They could've atleast taken out a not very important person like nab or laki, maybe even someone from another guild, but they all came back. With an ending you need to either make or break the person who's watching it. You need to make the ending so great. You have two options, you can leave on a happy note, or a very bad one. In my opinion the best example to leave on a bad note was Your Lie In April, it was so magnificently done that I can't even hate it, they had a great ending but it broke me inside, it left me with satisfaction but how I wish it could've been so much happier. I guess this would be a good but bad representation of a happy ending because everything turned out right, nobody dies, and everyone was happy in the end, and the fact was it had so much potential, it could be and was so great, but the writers ruined it. It just goes to show that it wasn't just Fairy tail it was actually a fairy tale.

4.6/10 overall