Fairy Tail: Final Season - Reviews

MissShello's avatar
Aug 21, 2019

The show was good untile after the Tower of Heaven arc. You can notice that the author did't had any plans after that. After that the show got downhill. Hiro is an author who likes to put his characther before the story line and despite it being about mages and wizards everything is almost done with magical punching the opponent. The main characthers are Lucy who is like okay but, nothing really special about it. Then Natsu who is your basicly Goku/Naruto etc etc who wins every fight with the power of MYLP I mean friendship despite barely working together with any of his friends and just want to fight them the whole time. Gray fanservice guy and Erza fanservice delux. The storyline overal is very predictable and none of the side characthers get any good developmment because well Natsu is the main charactherr and has to be shown as the main hero. Yaw... But, if you like fanservice with allot of uneceary stuff then this is the right anime for you. Grab on to FT where every girl get harashed and grabbed by the boobs. Uneceary close up shots and way to revealing outfits.

birdlandmemories's avatar
Dec 30, 2019

Fairy Tail's final season left me disappointed. I especially enjoyed Fairy Tail Zero, and the Tataros arc while full of plot armor was still decently enjoyable. This season had its moments, but ultimately I didn't enjoy it as those 2. It also left me confused, as there are many plot points that don't add up, or are just thrown out there to either make the season more interesting, or keep the viewers interested without basis.

Story: The beginning of the final season is essentially the Avatar Arc, and at first they look like the main villains of the season, but they turn out to be incredibly weak and just fodder. You could skip those episodes and miss absolutely nothing. Ultimately, the main villains are the Spriggan 12, who act as Zeref's personal army. They all have insanely powerful abilities, and apparently are apart of the Alvarez Empire, which is extremely wealthy and powerful (but for some reason we don't hear anything about them previously. You'd think such a powerful empire would at least have been known well earlier in the series). They basically battle against Ishgar in addition to millions of other soliders from the Alvarez Empire (this all happens because Zeref is bored, I guess and wants Mavis. Great reasoning there by the smartest main character in the series). Many other guilds join in helping Fairy Tail, notable ones include Sabertooth and Mermaid Heal.

Animation: The animation is solid. Character designs are pretty good. I like Ajeel's design, and God Serena's is interesting. Not much to complain about here.

Sound: I've never been crazy about the Fairy Tail soundtrack throughout the series, but it does fit the story and the theme of the guild. So while I may not be a huge fan of it, it does fit the series pretty well.

Characters: If you're interested in the final series, chances are you probably already know who the main characters are, what their personalities are, and what there relations are with other characrers. So I'll use this section to talk about the Spriggan 12. I'm not a fan of them. Many of them have either have bland and forgettable personalities (outside of the eccentric God Serena, though we barely see any of his fights and Wall Eehto), or are extremely overpowered and use their abilities poorly (Jacob and Brandish are notable in this). Irene and August have the most overpowered abilities, and have their fights end due to plot armor. This whole series was poorly written.

Overall: This season disappointed me a ton. Too many things don't make sense (how does Erza struggle to defeat Ajeel who's one of the weaker Spriggan 12 members then suddenly punch a meteor controlled by Irene) and the new villains are not interesting and lack character development. It feels like this season was rushed. I understand the anime tried to stay consistent with the manga (which I read and also didn't like in terms of the final season), but for such a popular anime to close out this way, especially when some seasons were great, it's disappointing.

Saral's avatar
Aug 9, 2020

Amazing!

I know many people don't like Fairy Tail because of the amount of people that died but then didn't die and how the power of friendship made Natsu always stronger and somehow beat the strongest villain ever but this was my first anime so I didn't know that "the power of friendship" was a cliche and so I enjoyed it without having any knowledge of Anime and therefore it  has a special place in my heart.

I loved the character design more in the last couple of arcs that in the beginning as I thought even the men were too cute (I think it was to do it their eyes) I love how mature they looked after the design changed I also love the music it makes cry every time and also scenes that I have watched over 10 times.

The only thing that I wish was shown more was LOVEEEE! we know that Jellal and Erza had a thing for each other, we definitely knew Juvia liked Gray and that Levy liked Gajeel. Natsu and Lucy would have cute moments but sometimes Natsu would ruin it being the idiot he is but in the final season we saw a lot more of Juvia and Gray and Gajeel and Levy which made my heart burst, and we now have the 100 year quest and well... we know what's happening there ahah.

Overall: Amazing Journey

Teacup567's avatar
Apr 14, 2020

I'm honestly disappointed, this was an okay ending but it could've been so much better I've gone through the whole series praising it because I just thought it was so good but now I'm rethinking all of that, like the episodes I've admired so greatly have lead up to this? It wasnt the worst ending ever it could've been worse but it just could've been so much more. And as I sit here I realize that this is the last. I can watch all the ovas, movies, and episodes all again, but I will never get anything more out of that I already have. I just wish I couldve gotten the satisfaction, the closure that I needed from this, what was supposed to end off a great series. After zeref was defeated I felt a feeling of almost emptiness, like there wasnt anything left, and I guess I was right. The very last episode is what really saddened me, not because it was the last, but because I never got what I truly wanted. The fact that you just KNEW that natsu was going to tell Lucy that he loved her but he completely ignored that and told her they were going on a quest and that to me was so stupid, what's the point?? Why couldn't they have just given us what we wanted, it was the last episode anyways they could've just left off on a happy note. Also what bothers me more is the other relationships, the fact that gray and juvia were still acting like that even a year later towards eachother? That's just so unrealistic like they would atleast get closer to eachother maybe even date I would think. Another thing that was unrealistic was the fact that nobody dies in the battle, the huge battle with over a million soldiers and 13 supposedly unbeatable opponents. They could've atleast taken out a not very important person like nab or laki, maybe even someone from another guild, but they all came back. With an ending you need to either make or break the person who's watching it. You need to make the ending so great. You have two options, you can leave on a happy note, or a very bad one. In my opinion the best example to leave on a bad note was Your Lie In April, it was so magnificently done that I can't even hate it, they had a great ending but it broke me inside, it left me with satisfaction but how I wish it could've been so much happier. I guess this would be a good but bad representation of a happy ending because everything turned out right, nobody dies, and everyone was happy in the end, and the fact was it had so much potential, it could be and was so great, but the writers ruined it. It just goes to show that it wasn't just Fairy tail it was actually a fairy tale.

4.6/10 overall
Fluffs's avatar
Sep 19, 2019

Final season of Fairy Tail delivers a satisfying conclusion to the series.

Story picks up where it left off - we find out who E.N.D. is, Fairy Tail has been disbanded but Lucy and Natsu are trying to bring the crew back together.

First arc is a short one - we find out what Gray and Juvia have been up to, main characters get to show off their improved powers and there are some heartfelt reunions. Then, we get introduced to the "main bad guy" - Spriggan, emperor of the neighbouring empire who is about to invade Fiore. He has a group of 12 most powerful wizards with him and of course, Fairy Tail must beat them while also fighting Acnologia. Mavis and other guilds are there to help, fights are decent, there's a lot of feels and a lot of big reveals that you will greatly enjoy if you like this series.

Animation in shounen series is usually not that great, and Fairy Tail s3 is not an exception. There are a lot of stills, in quite a few scenes background characters are just silhouettes and dragon movements are pretty bad.

Voice acting is great as always, same cast as the previous seasons and the OST is a little different, but still contains that well known Fairy Tail theme.

There are no fillers, fights aren't drawn out, story progresses at a decent pace (as I'm writing this 49 out of 51 episodes have aired). If you haven't seen it I highly suggest binge watching it - 50 episodes isn't a lot and I believe you'll enjoy it even more than if you had followed it week to week.