Ensemble Stars! - Reviews

stupidmammon's avatar
Nov 29, 2020

Despite a lot of people's opinions, I really enjoyed enstars. It's not the kind of anime I would recommend to people but I believe that it's worth a watch. Despite a slow start, as the anime progresses and we watch the characters grow and learn about them I started to become invested. The friendship displayed and the character building for not just the main team 'trickstar' is what really made me enjoy the anime. It's just one of those animes that you watch casually that makes you feel happy. Although I have never played the game as an English translation is not available, this gave me a good idea of the concept and world. I imagine if you have played the original material the anime might come across as disappointing, but I can't be sure of this. Anyway, I would recommend it if you just want a casual show to mindlessly watch for some wholesome content.

note *** the animation is ranked at a five as Although i do enjoy the art style during the music videos it cuts to visuals from the game which can be rather inconsistent and bring you out of the emersion.

nickelrandom's avatar
Aug 29, 2020

This show is basically the games, but the songs get cut off and kinda makes you want to get the orginal games. Afterwards, you might forget the story because it only focuses on one of the groups called Trickstar. Then there are over 40 characters to remember and you try to find a favorite, but their team gets to have a whole 10 minutes of screentime. But you will start to take favorites when watching. Overall, just get the games.

YukinaZero's avatar
May 23, 2022

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

im trying to be positive here but everything I can think of was more then a bit cringy. The songs, The VAs, the characters, the plot. I know a lot of people love this for the game so maybe it was just never meant to be a anime. Everything felt a bit awkward, The animations were on point though.