Elegant Youkai Apartment Life - Reviews

Alt title: Youkai Apato no Yuuga na Nichijou

ZoologyKaM's avatar
Oct 11, 2017

So far I'm really liking this series. It's about a teen who's got pretty mediocre goals in life which includes not being a burden on his relatives who he's lived with since the death of his parents. To do this he even picked his highschool on the basis of having a dorm that he could live in. All well and dandy till the dorm builds down. Faced with the option of living with his (shitty in my opinion) relatives for another 6 months he looks for an apartment.

And cliche, but sort of not, the only one he can afford is haunted.

Well that's the basics, he goes through learning that he doesn't actually mind the abnormality of spirits and yokai and the series is an overal happy one. What I like about this is that while it's happy, it does deal with some dark themes. After all some of the characters are ghosts. They had to die somehow.

So far it's nothing too scary but I really like the attitudes of the characters. They're very refreshing and make me feel happy. I'd be more than thrilled to move into that apartment complex with them if it meant having such nice neighbors around.

LeonardDMercy's avatar
Jan 10, 2019

I love this series it's good and fun to watch. The chacthers are so intresting and in same cases you feel the need to protect them along side everyone there. I won't lie i had my moments when i cried and felt sad along with the chacthers. This anime well take you on an adventure and well leave you wanting more. I am looking forward to next season.