Edens Zero - Reviews

XZeLoX's avatar
May 16, 2021

Let me start by seying that the characters look almost exactly as they did in Fairy Tail, even through it was created by the same Person they should've made characters a little bit more original and a total copy of fairy tail characters. Even through I don't like characters I started loving the story since this sci-fi story seams very interesting. The only think I don't like about the story is that Friend obsession but it is really easy to overlook. I really recommend watching it

silliussodus's avatar
Jun 27, 2021

If you like Fairy Tale then you'll like Edens Zero because Edens Zero is Fairy Tale in space. A guild, a quest, (space) dragons, the scifi equivalent of magic and a blue cat like creature named Happy. Not alot of effort on this one but its kind of fun if you are looking for something light with a bit of ecchi.

Mareep's avatar
Apr 26, 2022

I was sceptical at first but it was actually way better than FT and I enjoyed this show very much. Why? It wasn't pretending to be something else, something more than an ecchi trash. It embranced what it was and that made it an enjoyable show for me. I normally hate ecchi anime, but this was actually fun (and stupid) as hell.
The difference between FT and EZ for me was, that FT tried to be a battle shounen with serious fights and stuff. Dropping ecchi scenes more and more often as it progressed (for me that's a sign of desparate attention seeking, as if you're saying the anime is trash and needs 'something' to look at as a bonus because the anime is such a big trash it's not even interesting anymore or something :) ).
EZ instead showed you from the start what it was - a silly show full of panty shots and such, with dumb jokes and not really interesting storyline, since it was basically the same as FT (haven't seen Rave Master so I can't mention that). But thanks to EZ accepting its nature and shamelessly going all out with all that sh!t, it was enjoyable and fun to watch. At least for me :)

AppileyA's avatar
Jul 28, 2021

People that have rated this low EXPECTED it to be like Fairy Tail
However it's not, it just has a similar character design, probably due to it being mae by the same person.
Its a story about Shiki Grandbell that leaves from his home on Grandbell because of the roots suddenly turning on him, They only did it to get Shiki to leave so he could live a happy life off of the planet with Rebecca Bluegarden, I won't go into much detail but in short they start traveling around the cosmos together to meant "Mother" A large woman outside of the Sakura Cosmos, and if you find her you will be reborn.

It's an aquired taste and i'd see why some people wouldn't like it, so I reccomend reading the manga THEN watching the anime

Arathana's avatar
May 8, 2023

I really like the anime but sadly I have to give it a low review. Almost every episode starting with a recap is just wasted filler and annoying yes you can skip it on Netflix but it becomes incredibly tedious when you then have to wait to also skip the intro as well which only gets compounded when starting from either episode 3 or 4 the episode is stopped by the narrator (xiaomei) who then proceeds to spoil what's about to happen and how you should feel every damn episode from then on! Taking 5+ minutes of time you could just be watching the damn story yourself unfold instead of being told it ffs. The narrator isn't at the beginning of the episode either no.... She appears smack bang in the middle ripping you out of the story to then tell you what's coming it's just stupid! It's just not freaking needed ffs.